ABS Plastic Magazines

Silent7Sniper7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 members have voted

1. 1. ABS Plastic Magazines - Good or Bad

• Good, reliable & strong
    • Good, reliable but not very strong
    • Good, strong but not reliable
    • Bad, unreadable & not very strong
    • Bad, unreadable but kinda strong
    • Bad, not very strong, sometimes reliable
    • Metal All The Way

So I'm looking for mid-cap magazines for my L85 & the only good deals im finding are for plastic ones.

On airsoftworld they have some amazing reviews, better than the metal ones actually but are they worth getting or should I stick with metal?

If you want your rig to feel lighter go for plastic. I've never used plastic mags (they aren't even made for MP5s!) but I've not seen anyone with snapped or structurally broken ones.

I use metal MAG 190rd midcaps with my G&G raider, not sure if they'd feed in your gun though. Admittedly I had some problems with them at first, but once I worked them in they now feed flawlessly and are rather cheap in my opinion.

If you want your rig to feel lighter go for plastic. I've never used plastic mags (they aren't even made for MP5s!) but I've not seen anyone with snapped or structurally broken ones.

http://www.airsoftsupplydrop.co.uk/store/index.php/magazines-3/mid-caps-magazines/mp5/king-arms-mp5-100-rounds-magazines-box-set.html

i have these and they feed flawlessly in my G&G MP5, i just need to stretch the springs a little bit.

British army have started using 25-30 round, heavy duty plastic mags... But it depends what the plastic is made out of... :)...other than that metal mags seam to be what most people prefer... :P

Doubt you can really go wrong with plastic M4 magazines. Bodies arn't really having any loads applied to them so unless you're deciding to stack em together to build a bridge you shouldn't have too many problems with the plastic bodies themselves.

Only problems i have with G36 ones are the lugs snap off quite easily, especially the TM ones.

• Supporters

There are actually plastic mags for MP5s, in fact it's funny you should say that because I've never seen metal MP5 mid caps, ever! I looked around for almost a month before settling with the same King Arms set of plastic ones someone else linked above.

• Supporters

My bros are plastic :P 8x mag ones from EHobby

There are actually plastic mags for MP5s, in fact it's funny you should say that because I've never seen metal MP5 mid caps, ever! I looked around for almost a month before settling with the same King Arms set of plastic ones someone else linked above.

My old ones were metal, as are my mates ;) can't remember the manufacturer though.

Aaaand back on topic, nothing wrong with the plastic MAG midcaps if you can find them, most people tend to go for the metal ones though as they withstand being dropped a bit better :)

Kinda funny since I spent AAAGES looking for CYMA brand mags (as I'd tried King Arms and ACM mags and they hadn't fit) and in that time I searched most of the airsoft websites I knew with the terms MP5 magazines...

I'm quite surprised that they didn't turn up. Now how about an MP5 P-mag?? That i'd like to see :D

Archived