ehobby asia?

jamessearle0
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

has anybody had any dealings with ehobby asia, just want to know weather i can trust them :)

also if anyone has anyidea how customs charges are worked out that would help loads too cheers guys

i would recomend you stay local if you can it may seam cheaper on the site but as soon as you hit with shipping and customs you could pay double or not even get it AT ALL

What are you looking to buy from there??

Hello all

I was also thinking of using ehobby asia. Some of the prices would still be cheaper even if you were stung with customs..

Also I have been trying to find some feedback for "airsoft-4war"/War4toys" and yet again in many cases would still be cheaper if you had to pay customs. This is on the calculation that customs would add 4/5% then add 17.5%vat on the total.

I'm unsure what to do: :huh:

Import -Cheaper, however little or no warranty, taking potluck with customs.

Buy local - More expensive, however Better warranty, easy shipping.

Can anyone share there experience good or bad about buying an airsoft gun from abroad, who they would use again and who to steer clear of.

Thanks

TiP

I would recommend to ANYONE if you can buy local its just easier that way and if push comes to shove you could walk down to the shop and give them a kick up the A** :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just recently bought 2 m4's from them, 2 tokyo marui tracers and 2 small tubs of tracer bb's.

Cost approx £560 including p&p

but once it hit custom it cost another

approx £130

Altogether it cost me around £690

Obviously 2 of each as it was for a friend and myself. So the total it cost ME £345 for one of each of the above.

Took 3 weeks to deliver. When they said it would take up to 5 working days.

Guns were amazing and packed very well so no damage would occur during shipping.

Service was terrible.

Emailed them several times asking them questions about products and about our shipment.

Sometimes it would take days for a reply or no reply at all sometimes.

Overall a trustworthy website.

I personally think its a reasonable price even after customs.

Rubbish service and slow delivery.

My first buy from ehobby. And i would order from them again.

• 1 month later...
I agree with the above however i have bought from ehobby asia and so far they have been very good

i live in the UK and i want to buy from Ehobbyaisa but im not buying a gun im buy a holographic sight so will that be delivered to the UK for me but what is this about the customs thing i dont know what that means. i am only buying a holographic sight and maybe 2000 so will these customs stop it. and plz get back to me

• 1 year later...
Just recently bought 2 m4's from them, 2 tokyo marui tracers and 2 small tubs of tracer bb's.

Cost approx £560 including p&p

but once it hit custom it cost another

approx £130

Altogether it cost me around £690

Obviously 2 of each as it was for a friend and myself. So the total it cost ME £345 for one of each of the above.

Took 3 weeks to deliver. When they said it would take up to 5 working days.

Guns were amazing and packed very well so no damage would occur during shipping.

Service was terrible.

Emailed them several times asking them questions about products and about our shipment.

Sometimes it would take days for a reply or no reply at all sometimes.

Overall a trustworthy website.

I personally think its a reasonable price even after customs.

Rubbish service and slow delivery.

My first buy from ehobby. And i would order from them again.

Hey all I just joined today because i am interested in picking up airsoft skirmishing. I have 1 question that i would like answered however and i would be very appreciative if someone could help me out. I saw this post about Ehobby asia and was wondering if the guns have an orange tip attached when they are shipped. I know about UK laws and know that u must have 50% of your airsoft gun covered a bright colour if not UKARA registered so i know the chances of the gun having an orange tip is low. I just need to be 100% sure though before i buy it. Also, i would like the gun to come as it is the picture (Chrome) and not be coloured blue or some other colour as it would defeat the purpose of getting the gun in a chrome colour. Here is the link to the gun and thank you very much for any future help.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/we-m1911a1-meta...ver-chrome.html

TheBushMan

Hey all I just joined today because i am interested in picking up airsoft skirmishing. I have 1 question that i would like answered however and i would be very appreciative if someone could help me out. I saw this post about Ehobby asia and was wondering if the guns have an orange tip attached when they are shipped. I know about UK laws and know that u must have 50% of your airsoft gun covered a bright colour if not UKARA registered so i know the chances of the gun having an orange tip is low. I just need to be 100% sure though before i buy it. Also, i would like the gun to come as it is the picture (Chrome) and not be coloured blue or some other colour as it would defeat the purpose of getting the gun in a chrome colour. Here is the link to the gun and thank you very much for any future help.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/we-m1911a1-meta...ver-chrome.html

TheBushMan

If you cannot avail yourself of a valid defence under the VCRA then Ehobbyasia will not supply a RIF to UK customers (chrome is regarded as a RIF colour) as they now require a valid UKARA or site registration number to be provided to ship to UK. You could try other HK suppliers, but if the customs declaration doesn't carry a valid registration number (they check) it will get seized and destroyed and you'll lose your money. You might even get a visit from the "Old Bill". As to colour, if you ask for chrome you'll get chrome. Yellow or orange tips only apply to the US, where anything that is a RIF, rather than a real firearm, needs an orange tip on the flash hider, etc. to comply with their laws.

O used them recently for a G&P M4 selector plate. Said would take up 12-21 days for delivery. Arrived in 6 days.

Even got some free post it notes!

Had problems with ehobby. Ordered a G36 drum mag, they sent me a m4 one.

They wanted me to send it back before they sent me a replacement... fine but they refused to refund me the postage.

Postage alone would equal the cost of the drum mag. I aint buying it twice ehobby!!!

I use them regularly for parts and accessories. The only time they have ever messed up was when I bought an AK receiver that should have come with a tactical mag release catch. It was missing from the box. When I emailed them they mailed back and said they'd send another, but did I mind waiting till I placed my next order? I use them a LOT :) Low and behold I ordered a few bits and bobs a week later and they stuck the missing mag catch in the parcel :)

Archived