Hi, yet another newbie

Tony1985
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

New on here and new to airsoft. Been paint balling quite a few times over the years but would really like to try and get into airsoft as a new hobby.

I'm from the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border area and am thinking about going along one day to have a go.

Bit nervous as I'd be going alone as I've not yet managed to convince anyone to get shot at. I know from past times that its mainly groups who go to these sites. Just wondered if many of you go on your own? And if anyone is from the Alfreton area able to give some local pointers?

Thanks

Tony

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Quite a lot of people do go on their own. People are typically very welcoming at sites especially if you are chatty. Nothing to be nervous about, it's all about having fun.

I'd say most people do not go in a group, including me. I know many people at my site, but only from skirmishing with them. As dev stated, new faces are always welcome, as long as you take your hits. some players are a bit elitist but, dont get intimidated by them. At the end of the day, we're all running around with toyguns!

welcome to afuk and welcome to airsofting!

:)

Hello mate....welcome to the forums!

I bought a rifle 4 months ago just because it looks cool,then I picked up a copy of airsoft int'l and realised that loads of people go to airsoft days.....I went along to alocal site and immediately was made to feel welcome by both marshalls and players who took me under their wing and showed me what was what...I turned up on my own and was a bit nervous as I didnt have any mates with me but within 5 mins of turning up people were chatting to me and we were comparing penises!!! Turns out my short little one is quite a beast to be on the receiving end.(did I say penises...I meant rifle)...anyway mate enjoy your stay and if ever your down the Worthing way give us a shout...we have a great forest site here!

Thanks for the heads up.

It's a great site you've got here, finding the advice pages very helpful due to it being very confusing about all the different manufacturers of guns, different parts, how they work etc.

I guess like I've read before the best start is to get hiring and playing.

Tony

Archived