Howdy, new and a bit confused

SteveB1978
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have been for my first skirmish (fireball squadron) and the huge array of guns kinda blew my mind to be honest.

I've been looking at pretty guns and have kind of fallen for the G&P Magpul PTS Carnine but don't really know if its any good.

Can any of you fine folk offer some guidance as to its quality or lack there of?

Many thanks

Steve

G&P should be good. As you'll need to play at least a couple more times before you can buy, why not ask around at the next game you attend and see what other people think. Ask to try any you like the look of. Most players are usually happy to help out a newbie.

I'm runnin' G&P as main weapon atm, it's excellent! ...and only heard well about G&P from other users.

if you would go down the two-tone path, make sure its sprayed and not moulded (read laws forums on ukara/two-tone).

also to be considered when you get a rifle is length vs the site you are most likely to be using it at.. for example m16a1 at cqb site isn't optimal :)

Howdy,

Firstly, welcome to the game :) Along with two_zero's suggestions regarding having a weapon that is suitable for the site you are playing at (ie. cqb, etc) I would also point out that it would pay to check the site's fps limits when you are looking at owning your own as many clone weapons can be too hot. This can be remedied but its worth checking before you buy.

As for reccomendations, I've found brands such as g&g, ics and marui well worth the money

Happy hunting!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Can't go too wrong with what you've picked, but as RR01 said, have a chat to people at your site and see if they'll let you have a hold of their guns so you can get an idea for how comfortable you find them.

Archived