MOE Magpul Handguard Problem

cableguy95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I recently bought a MOE handguard for my SRC M4 standard length carbine and it is slightly too big for it. Is there any way of moving the front pinsight and hanguard ring forward?

any advice will be very helpful

cableguy95

Hi

I had same problem. A few ways to to solve problem are new outer barel as src one has two groves where the front sight is so you would need a front sight which can be bolted/ screwed (flip up one) onto barel to keep the round plate in place as well ( ie line up all parts until tight then tighten up sight ) or if you could just remove front sight and use a bolted/screwed and do the same, downside is you'll have two gaps at front but these will covered but the new sight.

To remove front sight there are two pins that have to be knocked out located under sling swivel. Should then slide forward with the plate thing attached this will give you an idea on what it will look like.

Seen flip sight on fleabay for £20 which is what I have used

Thanks for the info and did you have any problems with the delta ring and the other plate on the sight as they don't seem to accomodate the new handguard properly with mine?

Have you got the triangular or the round end plate by the sight post? I found that I needed to change to the round type to get my Magpul MOE hand-guard to fit properly. The triangular one just didn't match the shape of the fittings on the end of the MOE one.

Is the end cap one that has quite thick metal (or plastic) or is it the very thin metal one? The thicker ones, as per G&G type, are too thick to take the MOE hand-guard. Try one of the thin metal King Arms ones. That's what I put on mine and it fits fine.

Archived