feeding problem

chrisburns
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guy’s im new to all this forums stuff but i really need some help. I have recently bought a magpul pts masada akm and its not feeding properly. Does anyone have a suggestion what it might be or how I can fix it without buying a new lower receiver which the shop suggested doing...

Thanks.

How recently? It might still be under warranty, in which case take it back!

A new lower is a bit drastic. It could be a lot of things. Have you checked the mag feeds OK or tried a different mag? Might be the nozzle or the tappet plate in the gearbox not working properly. Could be the hop unit not aligned correctly or the rubber torn/mishapen. If you don't know how to check those yourself, you'll be better off taking it somewhere to be looked at.

only had it about 3 months so it is under warranty and i have 4 mags for it, and all of them have feeding problems sometimes. the gun works about 70% of the time, it always seems to get worse as the day progresses, the battery cannot affect the feed can it ?

Archived