Helloo from Leicestershire

Andyroo89
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone! apart from having 'bb gun' wars in back gardens when i was a kid, i am a bit of a newcomer to airsofting.. to the point where i thought hop-up was some sort of dance move and gearboxes came in cars..

Been having a look on the net at sites in leicestershire area but wanted to hear what anyones got to say.. i live in loughborough, so if anyones nearby and feels like sharing some experience that would be great!

Also, looking to buy an 2nd hand aeg, full metal and preferably a stubby size (may get smg) not two tone though.. would like something upgradable so any suggestions on that too please :)

Andy

If you are looking to buy a non two-tone (or to paint a non two-tone to black/"realistic colour") and you do not skirmish at a registered site and done so for a period of time, you are looking to commit a crime. A crime frowned upon by the entire airsoft community, and you will very unlikely find any retailers or private persons who will sell you a black gun without a valid UKARA number.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but it's not to be taken lightly upon. You dont want to end up in prison/ having someone else put in prison/ getting gunned down by police/ having airsoft banned.

As for advise to a new airsofter, this thread is excellent, I used it as guidance myself when I started and still from times refer to it,

http://www.airsoft-f...ide-to-airsoft/

here's a great site for finding sites (<.<)

http://www.airsoftmap.net/

Apart from that, welcome to the forums, hope you will enjoy your stay. Dont be afraid to ask questions (however, if its about two toning etc. its most likely been covered in the "law" section). AFUK is a very friendly forum :)

(oh and for stubby metal.. CYMA aks74u, CA (Classic Army) B&T mp5k and G&P tank are all excellent guns!)

thanks for reply, woaaahhh relax i have read about the ukara laws and probably should have put that in.. i am simply looking around which is why i said any suggestions. looking to go to an event this weekend but thats just to test a local site out, my minds already made up so will be getting a membership asap and most seem to come with ukara registration. my personal opinion on the ukara (i was a re-enactor so dealt with blank firers all the time. which are now illeagle to sell on and have to be given away!?!) is a, yes its right in some respects but b, it also comes across as a way for airsofting sites to make money on renting equipment (3 events paying30-40 rent fees would get a good 2nd hand or crap new gun) and as usual with things nowadays the majority suffer from silly peoples actions..

Andy

im relaxed, darn you should see the position im sitting in, just need sunglasses now :D

its more the broken UK political system we suffer from imo. I do agree airsoft gets rather expensive if you rent, I just purchased a 2nd hand two tone, had it for 3 months then sold it. Two toning thou in reality is the alternative to a right out ban, sadly.

....and what CraigW-H?! my hop-up dance post doesn't get a like? EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!

haha, i see you recommended the cyma ak47su which your also looking for.. so i will trust that! also like m4 carbines.. but seems like there are LOTS more options of weapons with even more companies making them.

as long as its fully metal and would get at least 1.5 looks in a beauty contest im not too bothered.. mainly reliability and being upgradable im bothered about.. but by looks of what ive read that doesnt rule much out..

with the ukara thing, some sites state with membership they will register you for ukara but does the 3 games in more than 2 months rule still apply? because going back to the renting it seems a bit annoying.

if you go for metal cyma ak, they are real beaters, people have them for years without failure..

and yes, the 3 games over more than two months still apply. they will register you towards ukara first time you play, then when you played for more than two months, you bring the form, id, proof of address and tell them you want to submit it, they go home, check the details and you'll receive your ukara number.

thanks :) and may see you at maw on sunday then! shame they dont have some sort of membership though.. any recommendations on things to bring? bringing my own dpms instead of the jumpsuit they lend you.

• Supporters

Not there this Sunday otherwise I'd come say hello

Jay does do ukara registrations now, so get your 3 hires and 3 signatures and you'll be sorted ;)

brilliant, just a lil bit impatient really! two different screen names? also probably a silly question but is there usually space for parking? wanted to make sure before i turn up and have to ditch the car like i stole it due to no space..

Andy

went to modern airsoft warfare in melton mowbray today and it was brilliant!! friendly people including the staff. dealt more hits than i thought i would so i was happy :-)

what ive worked out (any help would be great please :) )

need to try several face masks on because the one i rented meant i couldnt see down the sights (want/NEED something with ear protection as my ears poke out round corners long before i do..) wrapround mesh + hat + goggles / balaclava + goggles / neck-face sock + hat + goggles etc.

waterproofs are essential.. so may scrap normal camo idea and just get gortex.. (either that or cheap set of camo waterproofs to put on top, ebay 15 quid!)

thinking G&G m4 style fully metal inc receiver etc etc but dont know how much the top tech blowback ones effect battery life/fps etc.. (dont really want blowback)

want some better gloves that are waterproof possibly with the paintball pads on the back for crawling around

knee pads, elbow pads for crawling + avoid wet knees/elbows

and arse pads because thats where i got shot the most! :)

Andy

• Supporters

went to modern airsoft warfare in melton mowbray today and it was brilliant!! friendly people including the staff. dealt more hits than i thought i would so i was happy :-)

Glad you enjoyed yourself, I gather it was a bit wet :P

I must admit, maw has to be one of the most welcoming sites I've visited

what ive worked out (any help would be great please :) )

need to try several face masks on because the one i rented meant i couldnt see down the sights (want/NEED something with ear protection as my ears poke out round corners long before i do..) wrapround mesh + hat + goggles / balaclava + goggles / neck-face sock + hat + goggles etc.

Sounds like you're after something like this

38787-2.jpg

waterproofs are essential.. so may scrap normal camo idea and just get gortex.. (either that or cheap set of camo waterproofs to put on top, ebay 15 quid!)

Whilst not essential, waterproofs are a good idea for winter at maw, try getting a cheap pair to wear underneath your camo ;)

thinking G&G m4 style fully metal inc receiver etc etc but dont know how much the top tech blowback ones effect battery life/fps etc.. (dont really want blowback)

No experience of the g&g guns myself although have heard good reviews of them, I wouldn't bother with the blowback though

want some better gloves that are waterproof possibly with the paintball pads on the back for crawling around

knee pads, elbow pads for crawling + avoid wet knees/elbows

and arse pads because thats where i got shot the most! :)

Andy

Try to find some neoprene gloves if you want them to be waterproof :)

Knee pads are a good shout, elbow pads can also be useful

Hope this helps ;)

Yeah it was slightly damp from start to just before finish! Didn't affect the fun though just made me move more to stay warm!

Yes! That's pretty much what I'm looking for but only really been able to fins one on ebay for about 17 quid, will have another look later though, but can you see down your sights with it on? Because that's a problem I had with the maw black face masks.

The waterproofs, I've seen a good multicam style cheap set (so could go on over the top) on ebay about 15 quid.. Just hope they would withstand the shots..

The blowback (according to a pro airsoft poster) comes as standard on the new pro g&g guns :-(

Andy

Archived