How much ammunition and magazines do you bring?

WalkableBuffalo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just had my first match ever today and I brought an assortment of;

Two 600 round hicaps, a 250 hicap and a 200 midcap

I wasn't well prepared the first game so I kept swapping mags but on the last few games I barely even swapped out once from my 600 round

I was planning on just getting a couple more 600 hicaps so that I can just even out what have

But anyway how many rounds and what sort of composition of magazines do you think is suitable for a game?

• Supporters

Currently,

Personally I run 1x 120rnd midcap and 5x 75rnd midcap (swapping to 6x 120rnd at some point)

'Mrs Nutster' runs 6x 120rnd midcap

And my bro runs 8x 90rnd midcaps

Depending on games played, we usually get to lunch having emptied all the mags twice/three times

For you I'd say sell the 250 and 200 round mags, buy another 600rnd and that should have you sorted ;)

Or save your poor winding finger and sell all the high caps and buy more midcaps :P

I tend to have 3x hicaps and a bag of bb's in a pouch, so an extra 2000 there. I will use this in a mornings games at an open day. I would say that I am always in the front ( I reckon people just like to use me as mobile cover) so tend to shoto a lot rather than having a crafty fag at the back.

Survived my last game with 2 hicaps, 6 hours of basically non-stop skirmishing with 5-10min breaks meant less time to reload, so hicaps were ideal. As it was a woodland site I didn't use over a third of the devils I bought there.

Used a grand total of 500 BBs on saturday.

Usually have 3-4 real-cap magazines as i only run GBB as if you give me a AEG it WILL set fire.

Used a grand total of 500 BBs on saturday.

Usually have 3-4 real-cap magazines as i only run GBB as if you give me a AEG it WILL set fire.

Sounds almost like one of my mates, brought his first proper gun (an SRC) on his first skirmish with me last october and the gearbox seized up halfway through the day! We could smell electrical burning from the gun :(

I run 5x 190rd midcaps, with a 5000rd bag in my utility pouch. Rarely get through more than 1 or two mags but depends on the day. I usually keep my gun on semi!

9x Emags, 7x 350 hi-caps, 1x 5000rd C-Mag.

Didn't last me to lunch.

Lol, I actually only use 9x Emags filled with a hundred each and carry a 200rd speed loader, very rarely do I use up even 6 mags.

I go out with 9 x midcaps filled with around 100-110 each. One in the gun, 8 on the PC. Rarely get through them all in a game, but do find it handy to be able to give a spare to a team mate. Usually get through about 3000 rounds on a game day, but that includes mucking about on the range to zero sights and set hop, plus a bit of a spray of the last mag in the final game.

• Supporters

I go out with between 8 and 14 real caps for my rifle and 3 for my pistol, when I actually carry it.

• Supporters

If I use my M16, I have 5x 120 round midcaps, plus a 470 round speed loader to keep the magazines topped up during games, and a small bag of BBs to keep the speed loader topped up and stop it rattling. Nearly always use 0.25g BBs, unless it's urban, then I'll keep two magazines of 0.20g, simply because I still have a lot left over to use.

If I use my L96, I have 3x 25 round magazines, a 120 round pistol style speed loader, and a small bag of BBs, for the same reasons as above. Nearly always use 0.40g BBs for sniping.

And, for my sidearm, I have 2x 26 round G17 magazines and a speedloader, I use 0.25g BBs in that, with the hop set, it's pretty accurate and has a nice range.

I usually get through around 1500-2000 0.25g BBs in a day, if I use my M16

If I use L96, I get through anywhere between 75 (just the 3 magazines) and 300 0.40g BBs in a day.

Thanks for all your responses guys

I think I'll be okay with my two 600 round hicaps, the 150 midcap (not 200 as I had said) and I'll get another 150 midcap

Might get a couple more midcaps if I ever find myself needing more

Depends on the day, play woodland, G36 take 4x hi caps an generally refill them at lunchtime, MP5 10x 90 rnd mids

Depends entirely on the different types of games we play, each requires a different tactic, so does defend or attack

• Supporters

5x 190round midcaps, but I've found that even in woodland over a whole morning (approx 3 hour game) I'll only go through 3 of those, so I'm switching out to 5x 82round midcaps for bolt-lock fun on my SCAR.

3x 600 round hicaps would probably keep me going for a month!

• Supporters

I used to get through four and a half to five thousand BB's in a day, which was mainly due to suppressing fire. Nowadays I can run a bit and I find I fire less pushing forward, maybe two and a half thousand.

I used to run 2x600rnd hicaps & 4-6x550rnd hicaps.

Now I run 6x100rnd midcaps & 2x550rnd hicaps + 17rnds in my pistol with no spare mags + 2x100rnd speedloaders.

That's with my AK's but I've just bought a G36 and intend to run 6x50rnd lo/midcaps & 2x450rnd hicaps.

I've also got an L1A1 but unfortunately I've only managed to skirmish it for 2 days without it breaking down and I only had 1 300rnd hicap & 1 90rnd midcap. I've since bought another hicap and 5 midcaps, which, since it is locked to semi-auto and fires @425FPS as a DMR, may seem a bit excessive, but I want to be able to go into the field for long stretches at a time with it, for days like the Ground Zero Weekender.

On second thought it seems kind of stupid for me to get another midcap, it makes more sense to have them in large quantities

I just have trouble choosing which style I want, since I have normal AK47 style for my hicaps and my midcap is waffle mag style

Maybe just keep two hicaps in AK47 style and then have two other hicaps in waffle mag style

• Supporters

I have 2 hicap AK waffle mags but only 1 of them fits properly into my ICS AKS74U which pisses me off because I like them for their weight. My AK midcaps are 74 style so @mo I can't have all matching looking mags.

I used to carry far too many BB's for ordinary skirmishes. I had a phobia of running out of ammo or having to reload mags in the field, but even so 4.5K was way over the top.

I think you're onto a good idea getting another midcap. Most ppl who run midcaps seem to carry a hicap backup & with 2 of each you'll have the opportunity to see which suits you best.

For a game day i will have:

5 120rd Emags for the M933

9 82rd recoil mags for the SCAR

4 20rd Glock19 mags

2 x small speed loaders

1 large speedloader

10K BBs

During game i would carry either set of mags depending on the rifle i am using and all the speed loaders.

I have borrowed 2 high caps from a mate for the SCAR but as of yet not used them.

Four 30round VSR magazines and four 26 round TM mags. All you guys with your fancy hicaps, pfft. ;)

It depends where I play. I bring 6, 40 rd MP7 mags, I had 8 but they started leaking, gotta fix it :/.

So thats around 240 bbs I fire in a game easily. I usually always use my backup gun. But I like to limit myself

so I dont bring more then 300 rds to a game.

In the entire day... Hmm hard to say but around 3000 bbs probably go to waste :P Ive switched from

woodland to CQB sites now and I noticed my BB usage has gone up by around 50%

Archived