Silent/Quiet AEG?

Dan_W
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Difficult to say without a comparison...

Yeah, you're right, but I wasn't gonna do a video about it so I didn't record the before sound. It has changed a lot though, before it was louder, higher in pitch and much much more noticeable, I was pretty surprised with the outcome so I made a video to get some feedback.
If you want a comparison, there are plenty of standard VFC Hk416 video on YouTube! You will definitively hear the difference.

Yeah, you're right, but I wasn't gonna do a video about it so I didn't record the before sound. It has changed a lot though, before it was louder, higher in pitch and much much more noticeable, I was pretty surprised with the outcome so I made a video to get some feedback.

If you want a comparison, there are plenty of standard VFC Hk416 video on YouTube! You will definitively hear the difference.

What have you done to get it quieter?

• Supporters

People use different recording equipment and devices to record footage of their guns, so it's actually a lot harder than you think to compare the difference. Especially when you consider that even the distance of the mic from the gun offers a volume difference on playback.

• Supporters

Actually bass travels further. Which is why you may hear a bomb go off a few miles away, but you won't hear the victims screaming, even though, at a distance of 20m, the difference in decibels could be fairly small...

Archived