What to wear with my Loadout? Suggestions please!

☣ Cuddles ☣
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I dont really want to go into full detail today, but i was wondering what i should wear under my vest? I used to wear a black jacket but puffs up to much and makes me look like a fat ass, and i dont want to go all out and buy a £60 Combat shirt. So any suggestions i will highly appreciate. Thanks.

Have look round a hiking/outdoor shop like Blacks. Might be a bit warm in the summer, but in this weather get yourself a Craghoppers or Regatta micro fleece. They come in loads of different colours, are comfy and lightweight - about £15 if you shop around. http://www.craghoppe...rofleece-297852

In warmer weather you can get a long sleeve t-shirt or get a wicking/breathable long sleeve base layer. I have a Tog 24 one that is in a sort of urban camo that I wear in the summer, it was about £20. Craghoppers do them too, but if you shop around you can usually find last years ones being sold cheap http://www.craghoppe...eved-top-237254

If you have a Costco Card, they do them all in there very cheaply!

Mhmm, Thanks for that but i mostly play in a indoor CQB and most of my load out is black apart from my trousers. But yeah thanks anyways mate.

Get Dark Grey or Black ones in that case ;-) You didn't specifically mention you were after anything in particular!

You can get UK Issue UBACS in black if you shop around or look on eBay for about £35.

• Supporters

Viper Black UBACS - fleabay GBP30.44 inc P&P New

German OG Shirt Dyed Black Mean And Green GBP8.95 Surplus

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but I find that once I start running around, it doesn't matter whether it's winter or summer, anything more than a simple shirt under my vest is too much. I've yet to really put my Viper UBACS to the test, but I hope it works as advertised, because on the face of it, the padded arms feel like they could well trap more heat than I would like. The only seasonal differences I pay attention to are how wet it is, for which I have a pair of surplus Goretex DPM kecks (which I got off fleabay for about £10-ish), and how fast I cool down during time in the safe zone, which will inform which jacket, scarf, etc. I bring with me to put on if I need to.

• Supporters

I played a Night milsim using a set of DDPM UBACS with the padded arms. I found that during the night the padding kept my arms comfortable even when I was stood still or lying down for a long period of time. I'm looking for a DPM ubacs with the same padding but I couldn't tell if the Viper one would be any good, so I was holding off until I could get it confirmed or see one.

• Supporters

double post shenanigins - effing laptop is dying so i used my phone which is merely pants

• Supporters

Well Nick, my Viper UBACS is black like the 1 i linked, but I can't see why they would leave padding out of their DPM version. The 1 thing i'd say needs thinking about is the collar size. Viper size Large fits my 42" chest but not quite my 17" collar, which seems a bit weird. It's not like 17 is massive or anything...

• Supporters

That's a good shout, thanks Ian, I'm a 17 collar as well but I might be a little bit larger in the chest so maybe it'll have to be xxl. Which would be the same size as the DDPM surplus one I have but that is HUGE ( I bought it so a waterproof could go underneath).

• Supporters

I would have thought XL would do it, Nick. The L chest isn't tight on me. Actually while I think about it, the arms fit me excellently, but quite often stuff sized generic "Large" has arms slightly too short, so unless you're even more of a knuckle-dragger than me, you might want to watch that! How are the arms on your DDPM one?

I had a viper DPM UBACS and it does have ll the padding it it. I found the padding a pain and removed it from the arms.

I mostly just wear a tshirt under my PC or if it is cold a UBACS.

• Supporters

The DDPM one is army surplus and the arms are stupidly long. I really ought to sell it and get a smaller one but when I went down to the local surplus store the xl ones were in a state compared to the xxl and the large were too small. I'll get on ordering the xl one and give it a go. I actually like the padding as I find myself prone or crawling fairly regularly and you don't have to worry too much about little bangs and knocks. Cheers Ian.

• Supporters

I haven't made my mind up about the padding yet. I usually wear hard shell elbow pads, exactly as you say, for crawling around, but I'm not sure if the UBACS padding is enough for the points of my elbows and, although I haven't tried it yet to be certain, I can't imagine that I could fit my usual pads over the top.

I do like the idea of having padding on my forearms too though - crawling over/through brambles is fine in the "heat of battle" (lol - u kno wot i mean) but I quite often go at it with more gusto than my adrenalin level will carry me through without flinching. I wish the Viper UBACS had velcro or something so you could take the padding out easily and I can see myself adding that feature, because the perfect solution will end up being cutting the padding into shape to allow hard shell elbow pads to be worn at the same time...

I found it very easy to take the padding out of my viper UBACS. However, I've never tried to put it in again as I prefer it without any padding, a lot lighter and more flexible

• Supporters

I found it very easy to take the padding out of my viper UBACS. However, I've never tried to put it in again as I prefer it without any padding, a lot lighter and more flexible

lol i'm such a dope at times - it never occurred to me that there might be flaps inside, i just assumed since i couldn't feel anything or see any zips or velcro that the neoprene was permanent.

• Supporters

Thank you guys for all the help. I think i have found what im looking for. Really appreciate it. :)

Do tell?

Archived