ics m4 gearbox upgrade advice.

seanycozzie24v
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

im looking to upgrade my ics gearbox so i can get more fps. its currently running stock everything. piston head, guide, spring, tappet plate & bolt etc. i have a turbo 3000 motor in the gun and a 9.6v battery so my rounds per minute is pretty high but im lacking power from the gun. so what would you recommend guys? is there an upgrade kit you can buy or do you buy parts seperately. also need advice on which parts to use. so fire away guys!!

If it's not broken don't fix it mate. FPS can be upped with a simple spring change, will cost around a tenner depending on the brand. If your piston head isn't ported, then I'd recommend getting one for better seal and maybe change the cylinder head to one with 2 O-rings if your current one only has 1. IF you have alot of wear on the piston, then change it to a Lonex blue. Other than that I'd say stick to it if it works for ya ;)

The MA-56 is an M120 kit - that'll most likely take you well over the FPS limit of every site in the country unless the seals are dodgy ;-)

What's the FPS at the moment? It might not need changing to be honest. It sounds like you have a decent spec upper so I'd be surprised if it has a weak spring. Sounds like any drop in FPS is down to the seals and once you've sorted those the spring will be fine.

If the piston head is fine, and just the o-ring that's worn you can replace the o-ring for pennies rather than the whole thing. Any decent cylinder head should be OK, but may not play nicely with the ICS nozzle. If you replace the ICS nozzle, it may not work properly with the ICS hop! It's best to stick to ICS parts. I'm not saying you'll have issues with all non ICS parts, but you may!

the piston head is ok. but the seals on both the piston and cylinder head are not great i think im getting fps leak between them 2.

also another question i have a 9.6v 3700mah battery and a charger that charges at 300ma. how do i know the batterys actually charging? because if i plug the charger int the wall with out a battery no light comes on but if i plug a battery in it turns red. the funny thing is though. if the charger is unplugged and i plug the battery in the red light comes on??

Archived