Patrol Base

Sam_G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Patrol Base do seem to get very mixed reviews. They are one of my local shops, though I do err on the side of caution. I've personally had mostly good experiences with them barring a faulty brand new G&G I got last year. My local site and a few players from there have a very low opinion of them though to put it politely and I've heard a few stories where they come off less than favourable. I'm a self employed mechanic running my own garage, so I certainly know what its like trying to please everyone, its impossible. And sometimes shit just happens with cars as it does with airsoft guns and most other things. I have heard enough negative stories about Patrol Base though to certainly advise caution if/when using them as it does seem they sometimes fob customers off and cut corners to say the least. Even shops and techs with glowing reviews will have the occasional customer who for whatever reason are dissatisfied, Patrol Base though have more than I'd be happy with we're it my business. 

I loath taking people to task , however take the piss to the extent patrol base have and well ,let's just say they now have my full attention.

When mistakes happen it's best practice to apologize and make good, the guys at patrol base obviously in this case have so far opted for a different strategy , unfortunately they're shit at this as well.

I will fire off an email to one of the owner's and see what the response is .......I will keep you posted 🤔

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Luke85 said:

And sometimes shit just happens with cars as it does with airsoft guns and most other things.

Well, quite.

It's not their fault that they received that gun from Arcturus.

But there is no excuse for not spotting that horror show of a barrel when it was sent back, and blaming the issues on poor quality BBs is an absolute rogue's trick.

How could they possibly tell that, and how could a customer possibly refute it?  And who buys a £260 gun then feeds it crappy BBs?  Where would you even buy crappy BBs these days?

Nah, they've messed that one up good and proper.

The best thing they could do now, with that video out there, is to stop digging, apologise, and make it right.

Reckon they will?

I completely agree, the faulty gun in the first place isn't really their fault. To bullshit a customer how they did though and not notice or resolve issues such as the barrel is totally unacceptable. Can't actually believe a gun was sold with a barrel in that state. Makes you wonder how many other customers are getting the same sort of treatment. 

Well their getting one last chance to rectify the situation,a detailed emails going off to one of the owner's probably tonight.The manufacturer MOS, and the distributor Arcturus tactical, are aware of the situation with the dustcover and have confirmed it's not one of theirs and shouldn't be on the Rif. They have requested I keep them informed of developments with the retailer.

It's up to them really,

put it right or

blitzkrieg by bad press

I'll be honest ,I'm not holding my breath 

18 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

@Andyglaister If it was me writing that email I'd include a link to the Negative Airsoft youtube vid in it. The fact that Luke is well known in the airsoft community and doesn't have any skin in the game should hopefully help reinforce to the owner how bad his staff have fucked the pooch on this.

That's the plan 👍

The only good thing to come out of this mess is finding Luke ,the guy's a legend

Does this other Luke do any tech teaching videos? I'd love to learn how to work on my own guns. As I mentioned I'm a mechanic and technically minded, have the tools for any job. However, when I was 14 I tried fixing a .177 CO2 air pistol myself and once in bits I realised I was in way over my head at the time and absolutely could not repair it or reassemble it. The thing was way more complicated and full of tiny moving parts than I had anticipated and it really put me off messing with any kind of airgun for a long time. But I'd love to learn how to at least do more basic airsoft maintenance and repairs myself. 

1 hour ago, Luke85 said:

Does this other Luke do any tech teaching videos? I'd love to learn how to work on my own guns. As I mentioned I'm a mechanic and technically minded, have the tools for any job. However, when I was 14 I tried fixing a .177 CO2 air pistol myself and once in bits I realised I was in way over my head at the time and absolutely could not repair it or reassemble it. The thing was way more complicated and full of tiny moving parts than I had anticipated and it really put me off messing with any kind of airgun for a long time. But I'd love to learn how to at least do more basic airsoft maintenance and repairs myself. 

Just dive in, AEGs are very simple if you’re a mechanic. 

I was very nervous before opening.my first gearbox up, watched a couple of videos first, but was surprised how easy it was when I tried it. 

1 hour ago, Luke85 said:

After watching a few tech video's I decided pulling anything with that many little bits and pieces is best left to those who know what they're doing lol, provided they actually do what they say. Luke's my gun guru now 😉 trust him 100%

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, E21A said:

Just dive in, AEGs are very simple if you’re a mechanic. 

I was very nervous before opening.my first gearbox up, watched a couple of videos first, but was surprised how easy it was when I tried it. 

^^^^This^^^^

An aeg is an amazingly simple thing and unless someone is a complete ham fisted idiot most things are pretty easy.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 22/08/2019 at 10:36, Luke85 said:

Does this other Luke do any tech teaching videos?

Let's ask him.. @Armourpiercing? Do you plan any Tech tutorial videos?

On 22/08/2019 at 08:26, Rogerborg said:

I've got quite the man-love for Luke as well now

He's got my Specna M4 and my PDR-C due on the bench soon, keep an eye out for those videos ;)

• Supporters
10 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Let's ask him.. @Armourpiercing? Do you plan any Tech tutorial videos?

He's here?  Shit, be cool, guys, nobody scare him off with your freak pheromones.

[Fixes hair, undoes top button]

• 1 month later...

A friend and myself called in to PB last week. The two staff members working that day couldn't have been more ignorant if they tried. One of them actually turned the shop music up while my friend  was trying to ask him a question. Such a shame and not the service we're used to. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Robot666 said:

A friend and myself called in to PB last week. The two staff members working that day couldn't have been more ignorant if they tried. One of them actually turned the shop music up while my friend  was trying to ask him a question. Such a shame and not the service we're used to. 

I had the same issue with wolf armouries, more than once actually, vowed they'd never get another penny from me, suggest you do the same, plenty of other retailers to choose from.

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I had the same issue with wolf armouries, more than once actually, vowed they'd never get another penny from me, suggest you do the same, plenty of other retailers to choose from.

Wolf do not have shop music anymore. In fact I haven't heard any since I started the sport 2 and a half years ago!

• Supporters

Lol, I've not been in there for about 8 years or more, but my "experiences" with wolf go back nearly twenty years, & I wasn't actually referring to music in the shop, more the "look down their nose shit eating attitude" that most of the staff back then had, yeah I'm sure it's better now (?), but once bitten & all that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.