Patrol Base

Sam_G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Seems a decent enough place with plenty of gear in, and not yet had an issue with an order, but my one (and only) real question mark is the amount of "out of stock" items on the online shop. No idea if this is exclusively a Patrol Base issue or if there is just a rush on at the moment. As a fairly green airsofter I'm also not too sure how prices stack up against other places, yet.

How's everyone else's experience been with PB? Are there any other sites out there I should be considering as an alternative / parallel?

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously Amazing service to be honest.

-Ordered 2 SMGS and bunch of other attachments and it arrived faster than expected.

-Their website isn't too confusing for other people and its easy to guide yourself around it

-I wish they could have the Rate Of Fire specification but overall, their specification pages are always highly detailed and helpful.

• Supporters

Counterpoint: put in an order Monday afternoon for 4 items all listed as in stock, still not dispatched by Wednesday COB.

[UPDATE]

OK, fair enough, dispatched late Thursday, delivered on Friday.

I suspect all orders are sent next-day, they just sit on the £4.95 ones for a couple of days.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest they deliver faster than they predicted which is quite nice. I have ordered with them about 8 times (4 of these orders with two toned AEGs) and they came faster than expected. Great customer service as well if you call em up!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a gun and a couple of mags yesterday, paid for next day delivery (it was only £1 more), arrived this afternoon, everything well packed, complete with test sheet, everything spot on.

Strangely their website is still showing my order as "Received" and not "Completed" but I'm sat here with the gun so no complaints.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Andyglaister said:

Ordered my first gun Tuesday ,delivered Monday ,broke Sunday, shipped back Monday🙄

What broke?

I've bought a few pews from them with no probs

Not a clue ,squeezed four rounds off on the range on the way out for a game ,the fifth round didn't happen 🤔

trigger solid ,spring tension release switch solid ,and that was the end of my day.

The front end of the rifle from the receiver forward seems loose and rocks around a bit .

Not too impressed at the moment

Did you try full auto? (Sometimes gears lock up in semi)

Different battery? (Always worth asking someone to try their battery if you only have one)

Some guns do have some play even on the real steel versions.  Can be possible to tighten up with some wadding.

Good luck with the replacement anyway...

Cheers Ed, 

Tried everything I could think of mate, selector, mag,visual inspection , battery change, begged it ,pleaded with it , then swore at it lots and gave up.

The front end wobble is probably pissing me off the most if I'm honest ,if it was a second hand Rif I would expect a few flaws but not on a brand new gun.

My oppo bought the same rifle from them the week before and his is rock solid.

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the gun ,if it worked and the front end didn't flex about I'd be as happy as a pig in shit with it.

I'll keep updating this ,they took receipt of the Arcturus on Wednesday according to rm tracking ,yet to hear a thing but I am optimistic they will sort this looking at the amount of positive reviews they have 🤞

Update 1

PB customer service just rang (polite lad) asking what exactly was wrong with the gun. Gave them an account of what's what,and explained that everything is in writing with the paperwork in the box ,he hasn't been given that 🤔....the gun will be looked at in the next few days  in the workshop and I should know by Wednesday what's gonna happen next.

• Supporters

That's great to hear.

For what it's worth, whenever I leave anything with any sort of techie, I tie or tape a note of the issue and my contact details onto the actual thing to be teched.

Bought a nuprol hard case from them on Monday, arrived Tuesday using they’re next day service. First time using them and have been impressed with their pricing and will def use them again for future purchases.

• 1 month later...

How can I put this

Patrol base = an unmitigated shit show

If I went into detail this post would take me all night 

In brief

Five phonecalls four of which were me chasing up after they promised to get back to me and didn't

Gun eventually returned "repaired"

From the workshop test form

On inspection the customer has used very poor quality bb's (BULLSHIT)

This has damaged the hop rubber and looks like the cause for over loading the mosfet with the gun jamming up

(Remember the MOSFET bit it's relevant further on)

The motor was also in bad condition and needed replacing as it had lost all power

The gun is now in working order FPS is 310 on .2 blaster bb's

On unpacking the gun realising the front end was still as loose as it was when returned and reading the notes I was well and truly fkd off

I then decided to have the gun inspected by an independent technician, 

I contacted Negative Airsoft a tech from Reading (local to me ) and dropped the gun off to him giving him a brief of inspecting the repair work carried out and if possible tightening up the front end, he video's all work and updates via WhatsApp (brilliant service) .If you can be arsed to look he put up a video on his YouTube channel "Negative Airsoft" detailing the findings and subsequent work I had carried out

I emailed Patrol base to confirm exactly what had been done and what had been replaced.

The workshop manager replied

The hop rubber,motor are all new (watch the video)

I have serious doubts any repair work was carried out other than ramming a rod down the barrel to unblock it 

The brand new hop rubber had a hole in it

Had anyone opened the gun up they might have noticed it hasn't got a  MOSFET ,

And as for the loose front end 

(This one's fantastic) he got another one out of stock to compare and that one was loose as well so therefore not deemed a fault ,as all the fixings where tight. The same gun was bought by my mate the week before I got mine and his is flex free, 

Lastly I questioned why my dustcover is not the same as advertised or on my mates gun,

His reply was It was the cover supplied by the manufacturer

I have contacted the manufacturer MOS and they have confirmed it's not one of theirs, and I should press the issue with patrol base and keep them informed of developments 

Next stop is contacting patrol base's owner .

So would I recommend patrol base  it's a definite NO from me

Yes Roger , thanks for putting that up,I didn't have a clue how to do that👍

If the hop rubber had been changed like patrol base claim the tech could not have failed to see the state the barrel was in ,and it would have been a two minute job to tighten up the barrel .

The hole in the hop rubber and the still loose barrel lead me to the conclusion that somebody couldn't be arsed to do their job and opted to bullshit the customer instead 

This ain't over 

• Supporters

I hope it's not, they shouldn't be shrugging that one off.  For one thing, if they don't have to eat the costs of replacing... urgh... that barrel then they won't push back on Arcturus to sort themselves out.

I do love the features that they put in that gun, it's just a damn shame that they failed on the QC.

The comments on the YouTube video suggest the barrel issues may not be an isolated case .The shoddy service and sheer bullshiting that's gone on are all down to patrol base .

The worrying thing is had the barrel assembly been tightened up I would have assumed the gun was in good order and not double checked the repair job with an independent tech. How many other "repair" jobs have had the same treatment?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.