Classic Army - Airsoft Rifle, AEG M15A4, upgradeable?

rexfan10
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, i basically have no experience with AEG's (so please excuse any mistakes ) and was hoping to pick something up relatively cheaply and get a few upgrades like hop rubber, stronger spring etc to make it more decent/skirmishable, but was wandering if this gun actually is upgradeable? http://www.airsoftworld.net/classic-army-airsoftrifle-aeg-m15a4-carbine-transparent.html im not wanting to fork out on upgrades unless they really will make a difference. I most concerned on improving the range which i expect can be done by getting a new hop up rubber ( if not then please correct me ) and changing the spring to raise fps but are there any other nessesary upgrades that would need to be done to accomadate a new spring? ie. in spring guns you often need re-inforced sears, do you need a better gearbox for AEG's? any other info on reccomend guns/upgrades etc. would be much appreciated. thanks in advance, Rex.

As a first skirmishable gun it is a perfectly fine choice. You will have perfectly adequate range out of the box, once you bed the hop rubber in and get the hop set right. I am a firm believer of "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it" If you like the gun get it, use it for a few months then think about upgrading it. If you have no experience, then spending £100 on a gun, then £30-50 on upgrades is just burning money as you will bugger it up worse than it was out of the box :)

If you find in a couple of months that you want to tweak it then the best and easiest fix is to fit a madbull v2 6.03mm tightbore to it, which will set you back about £35 and is an easy fit. When you start talking about changing springs then you are getting into opening the gearbox which adds a whole new level of "oh my god where did that little spring just go" to the equation.

So basically, but the gun, use the gun for a while, then think about changing stuff. When you do skirsmish you will see that airsoft guns are not massively accurate at long range, and hitting a man sized target at 50m consistantly is quite good (cue lots of posts of "mine can hits a gnats eye at 100m with enough force to blow through a breeze block"), which that gun will do quite happily once you set the original hop right.

bigshep gave pretty solid advice. Before you start messing around with it play several games first and get a feel of it. Once you get some skirmishes under your belt you'll know what yolu like and what you don't like. Areas of stregths and areas of weaknesses.

Changing the hop rubber should always be the first thing you do. FPS does not equate to range Tokyo Marui being the prime example, it's the quality of the hop. I recommend Prometheus purple, Lonex or Systema. They apply an effective spin while sealing very well. Like bigshep said Madbull make nice inner barrels for the price. If you got a little more in the budget, get a Prometheus.

The gearbox should never be opened unless you know exactly what you're doing. Do the research or go to a tech.

As a first skirmishable gun it is a perfectly fine choice. You will have perfectly adequate range out of the box, once you bed the hop rubber in and get the hop set right. I am a firm believer of "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it" If you like the gun get it, use it for a few months then think about upgrading it. If you have no experience, then spending £100 on a gun, then £30-50 on upgrades is just burning money as you will bugger it up worse than it was out of the box :)

If you find in a couple of months that you want to tweak it then the best and easiest fix is to fit a madbull v2 6.03mm tightbore to it, which will set you back about £35 and is an easy fit. When you start talking about changing springs then you are getting into opening the gearbox which adds a whole new level of "oh my god where did that little spring just go" to the equation.

So basically, but the gun, use the gun for a while, then think about changing stuff. When you do skirsmish you will see that airsoft guns are not massively accurate at long range, and hitting a man sized target at 50m consistantly is quite good (cue lots of posts of "mine can hits a gnats eye at 100m with enough force to blow through a breeze block"), which that gun will do quite happily once you set the original hop right.

hey, thanks for the info, i probably wont be upgrading it to soon after i get it ( thats if i even do get it ) but i would just like to be safe in the knowledge that if something were to break/require upgrading then i would be able to do so. so i take it, it is upgradeable then..? thanks, Rex.

near as damn every proper airsoft gun is changeable internally

thats good to hear :) i think i may have changed my mind and am considering this http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/gandg-cm016-combat-machine-aeg-airsoft-m4-long-bundle.htm not neccesesarily going to get it from here but its cheapest ive found so far that includes battery and charger....

Archived