quick question

seanycozzie24v
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

have a question. i have a full metal ics m4a1 with fixed stock.will a 12v 3700mah battery fit and work fine in it?? im sure it will fit but will it work ok and not damage the gun. also how long would i get out of a single charge with this battery? the dimensions for the battery are 137x35x17mm.

12v would probably kill it. I would run it with a 9.6v and you will have plenty of rof. As to will it fit, measure the dimensions of the hole it has to go in and judge from there. As to how long you will get out of the charge. A 3700mah should give you aproximately 15 hicaps worth of shooting on full auto, bit less, say 13 hicaps worth, on single shot.

A 12V battery will almost certainly destroy your gun internally as well as melt the contacts which pass current when you pull the trigger. Stick to 9.6v batteries until you've adequately tuned the gearbox i.e. shim the gears, upgrade the piston to one with atleast 7 metal teeth, lube the relevant components, correct angle of engagement and install a basic MOSFET so the trigger contacts are bypassed.

Archived