King Arms 15x help needed

rambo-rob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Got my first airsoft gun a week or 2 back. Went with mates to a local site and found my gun was running too hot. i missed out on the first game as i was trying to run as many BBs through it as pos. In the end i just ran with heavier BBs and the site owner approved this as a one off (also told me to just keep my distance).

Now a few mates of mine have been playing a while and have said most sites crono the gun with 0.2g BBs which is what i had in the gun to start with. so big problems, until a mate said i can get springs that change the FPS of a gun. So i did some research and bingo its true, so i ordered a new spring (M100, as i couldn't find a universal spring that was M110).

Now this is were i need you guys for help, I have looked everywhere on the internet for a guide or video tutorial to help me change the spring on my gun, with no luck. Can any of you help? gun details are below.

Details

Make: King Arms

Model: S&W M&P 15X

AEG or Gas: AEG

thanks in advance

Rob

First of all you have to find out what type of gearbox you have (versions 2,3,6 etc) hen you have to remove said gearbox from your gun and then take the gearbox apart to fit a new spring. There are lots of guides on you tube as to how to change the spring, or your local site tech should be able to do it for about £25.

As its a m4 variant it should use a version 2 gearbox, so have a look on youtube for guides. most m4's break down the same way so there will be a guide on there for you (not an ics version though as they ahve different gearboxes)

You'll find loads of videos on youtube mate, M4 platforms usually utilise a version 2 gearbox which all essentially takedown the same way. Be careful as you open it up as it's very easy for things to fly out in all directions due to the spring tension.

Archived