Advive please

stepho1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all..

General advise please / My boys and i are wanting to start airsofting , looks great fun ,,right here goes i own a wood and was wondering if it would be ok to play skirmishes in it .....or would i be breaking the law....friends of ours and there kids would also like to play and they dont mind signing an injury waiver ....COULD THIS BE DONE ?

Airsoft guns would be two tone ... THANKS

If you own it, then it is private land and USUALLY legal for you to use them. However there are always going to be complications.

Do you have any members of the public walking inside those woods, and do you have any public paths etc?

There is a law about having weapons around public paths (certain distance) AFAIK.

If you own it, then it is private land and USUALLY legal for you to use them. However there are always going to be complications.

Do you have any members of the public walking inside those woods, and do you have any public paths etc?

There is a law about having weapons around public paths (certain distance) AFAIK.

HI Tarig

Thank for the reply ,,,this is a totally private wood if your in it without my permission then you would trespassing ...it is fenced ect about 6 acres ..

• Supporters

In essence Tariq you are correct about the Certain distance but that's for Air Rifle's whereas we have to keep RIF's & IF's out of Public sight (Notice how we are not given a Minimum distance to be kept away from Road's and any path's!)

Also even if you don't have any Road's or Path's going through it put up Notice's (Permanent one's) aswell as increasing the Frequency of them posted on your tree's in a 360 around you play area whenever you intend on playing. it's nice to let the local force know who when and what your doing up their so if they do get a call their not gonna be feeling so threatened.

Edit this in for you: i don't know the green code perfectly well (If it's still called that) but i seem to remember if it's not got a locked gate and a No Trespassing sign some one can walk through ( you can still however tell them to leave and have them arrested though)

As above really! It's your land :) Just make sure that none of the bbs leave your land/boundaries or you will fall foul of the law!

Also do it out of site of any public paths etc.. Even if it's your own land you could potentially cause distress to members of the public if they see a bunch of people running around with "guns". If they think it's a militant training camp and call the police it could get "complicated"!!!

**Edit - Craig beat me to it with a better description ;-)

In essence Tariq you are correct about the Certain distance but that's for Air Rifle's whereas we have to keep RIF's & IF's out of Public sight (Notice how we are not given a Minimum distance to be kept away from Road's and any path's!)

Also even if you don't have any Road's or Path's going through it put up Notice's (Permanent one's) aswell as increasing the Frequency of them posted on your tree's in a 360 around you play area whenever you intend on playing. it's nice to let the local force know who when and what your doing up their so if they do get a call their not gonna be feeling so threatened.

Edit this in for you: i don't know the green code perfectly well (If it's still called that) but i seem to remember if it's not got a locked gate and a No Trespassing sign some one can walk through ( you can still however tell them to leave and have them arrested though)

As above really! It's your land :) Just make sure that none of the bbs leave your land/boundaries or you will fall foul of the law!

Also do it out of site of any public paths etc.. Even if it's your own land you could potentially cause distress to members of the public if they see a bunch of people running around with "guns". If they think it's a militant training camp and call the police it could get "complicated"!!!

**Edit - Craig beat me to it with a better description ;-)

Thank you all for your imput ...i would be well away from the road looking more to the centre of the wood well away from people ...signs could be put up CAUTION airsoft games past this point or something along those lines maybe ? police notification mmmm properly good common sense ....we will see ...

My next question ....i will be needing 3 Guns ..could anyone recomend a good semi/full auto ...combat kit sorted ect . cheers

• Supporters

One of these and i'll just go get the Lick's for a Battery (They have a Great Promotion on Jan 2013 on now though)

http://www.proairsof...ransparent.html

I'd Go here and Buy the 12V With Main's Lead option aswell (So you can Charge up from your car incase someone's battery die's)

Digital Charger for 1S to 6S (3.7 - 22.2V) battery packs.

Up to 5A charge current. 5Th one Down

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/lipo.html

Ok Mod's my Bold Button isn't unfreezing would you be so kind?

anyway's..

You can go the Lipo route = 7.4V Lipo (Benefit's being More Compact & Higher Rate of Fire while doing the Same thinga 9.6V NiMH would! Negative's being their More likely to explode <Apparently> )

or you can Go the NiMH Route = 8.4V NiMH it has a lower ROF and is bigger but it's less likely to go bang and is almost Dummy Proof (Hard to Screw them Up)

other then that your Eye Pro is gonna generally be what you prefer the look of and your Boot's you'll most likely have some with good ankle support + the sock's

If your Looking for Tac Gear tell us i even have a PC Going for £25 that fit's my Tub of Lard Big Brother he's 12 - 18 stone at a rough geuss comparing him to my 9 and a Half stone Self :-)

Think the legalities have been covered, i.e. its your land and its therefore your choice. You are not in public on your land so your not carrying a RIF/IF in public. I cant speak for your force, but if you are taking reasonable precautions I doubt there will be much interest there. You could just as easily be shooting rabbits or anything else, again private land, your call.

Something you may want to consider is opening up to other local skirmishers (at your invitation or course) assuming you have met any. A few peeps can have fun, but 10 can have more :) Obviously then you may want to look at some form of 3rd party insurance for your own protection in case someone was hurt while playing.

Also playing on your own land wont count towards a UKARA / Defence as you dont have 3rd party insurance. Not that I would let that stop you, I wish I had enough space to host small games as most of my mates would love to pop out for a 45 min skirmish and on to the pub every now and then.

Weapon wise its very much a personal thing, obviously anything can be 2 tone as most suppliers will happily paint for you. A decent weapon is worth the extra over a very 'budget' gun for range an accuracy. Personally I have had some very good rifles in the £100 - £140 price range, mostly second hand. Most of the insides are the same between AK, M4, etc. if they are similar price wise, only when you start going more expensive do you get better internals. So just decide which you like looks wise the best. Or of course you can do one of each.

I would suggest a quick google on any make you plan to buy, check you can find some reviews and instructions to dissemble in case you need to. See if you can find parts or spares. All useful to know what your options are before you buy it, rather than finding out should it break you have no options to fix :)

Transparent if you going 2 tone I personally think works better than bright orange / green, if you buying a dedicated 2 tone. Works even better in the snow, my first was a clear M4 very much like the suggested one of CraigW-H. Then again blue isn't that bad either, I just have a hatred of orange :)

These guys have a 'Professional' 2 tone section, cant vouch for them but at least it gives some examples of what is out there. Good luck on your hunting.

http://www.actionhob...AEG_B22C48.aspx

• Supporters

No, that's not correct, in England & Wales anyway. I do know that the law governing trespass is slightly different in Scotland. It's a common misconception that you can be arrested for trespass, or prosecuted for it, despite the notion keeping signwriters in work for fcuk knows how long... In fact trespass is a civil matter and to have a person removed from property which belongs to you by the police takes firstly a Possession Order, which is where a County Court Registrar agrees that you do have the right to sole possession of the property. Only then can an Eviction Order be granted, however both can be challenged and, if they are they are, the process can take months.

A person can be arrested for any of several Public Order offences which amount to breaching the peace, if they trespass somewhere in which their very presence is clearly a nuisance which will escalate into more serious trouble if the police don't act, such as in your house, and there is also a modern law against what is called Aggravated Trespass, which is specifically designed to stop people from squatting land or buildings for the purpose of having parties, but, as with so many laws, the police can and do crowbar many actions which can just about be deigned to be prohibited under the law into magistrates court where they can be reasonably assured of a railroading.

What this all means for you Stepho is that you are under no obligation to lock your property up or put signs up declaring that it is private property in order to seek legal redress should anyone trespass therein and, quite frankly, if all they do is walk through your woods there's bugger all you can get the police to do unless they commit some other offence whilst there. A common one would be Criminal Damage, because it is the nature of fences that block what people regard as their right to go wherever they like so long as they behave themselves (even though no such right exists in law) that they get damaged by people climbing over them or circumventing them in some other way. If a person is on your land without permission, you can certainly accuse them of causing some of that damage and, naturally, the police will arrest them on suspicion of having done so... so long as they are well disposed towards you and the trespasser is nobody they are more well disposed towards.

I'd say the suggestion about informing the local force of the whole plan is pretty crucial and some kind of donation to a charity wouldn't go amiss either...

Archived