Snow-Wolf BB Guns?

AirsoftNewbie123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest WhiteDeath

What's your budget?

If you're planning on serious upgrading or plinking,get a Swiss arms SA1, WELL Warrior L96,WELL VSR 10 clones or JG bar 10.

If you're looking for a high end, great rifle out of the box,Marui VSR 10 series or the G&G G96.

For plinking,the above mentioned budget guns are recommended.

EDIT:Turns out snow Wolf guns come out of the Same Factory as JG guns,as with A&K.So the SW-10 is basically a JG Bar-10.

Did you not read anyone's posts on your other thread???

In airsoft it is better to get an AEG (Auto Electric Gun, it's not a brand) when you start and not try to start as a dedicated sniper. I was one for a while but because I'm 6'1" I found it hard to move like a sniper, i.e. crawling on fingers and toes. But from my limited experience with sniper rifles, more expensive is better.

As a sniper you'd need to spend more on your loadout then you would as an AEG user.

AEG user:

• Gun- £120 and above
  • Load carrying system- £30 and above
  • Camo clothing (unless the skirmish site is urban, urban=no mud on jeans)- full set of DPMs £40, maybe less
  • Extra mags- £25 ish for 2 hi caps?
  • Battery (unless one's included, but usually they're not great or you'd need a spare for serious skirmishing)- £17-£20
  • Ammo- £12 for 5000 King Arms .20g, best weight for lower level AEGs
  • Charger- my spare battery came with a smart charger, but I'm guessing £15-ish?

All in all, It's £259 without fancy eye protection (some guns come with rudimentary saftey glasses)

For a sniper though...

• Good rifle- £150 or above (I highly reccomend the A&K SVD)
  • Good optics- £30-£40
  • Concealment system (tarp with twigs etc sewn on would be £10 for a tarp, vegetation...well, guess :P ) Ghillies are more expensive at £100 for a Jack Pyke one which makes you look like a swamp monster
  • Hip rig + belt- 'bout £60 depending on which pouches you buy
  • BBs- I don't know the exact amount but high quality .23s, .25s, .28s and .30s would be more expensive.

About £370 all in all, and you'd be expected to play a specific role which requires more complex drills, thinking and you'd possibly have lots more players depending on you then a standard AEG-man.

• Supporters

The G&G G96 is a gas rifle. In our climate, gas rifles are a massive no go, especially snipers. They are horrifically inconsistent, which is exactly what you don't want in a sniper, the fps will jump around massively for every shot and this will make the accuracy terrible as the hop will react differently on every shot. I've had a gas sniper before, I would not wish the anguish on anyone.

If you insist on getting a sniper, then spring powered is the only way to go, but be aware you'll have to upgrade it a lot for it to be competitive. It's not just about high fps, it's about consistency, heavy ammo, a good barrel and a good hop unit and rubber/nub. You'll need at least another £200 for upgrades for it to be decent. We're talking metal trigger units, cylinders, pistons, cylinder and piston heads, air nozzles, springs, sears etc etc.

Otherwise you'll have a single shot rifle that can be outmatched by the site's hire guns in terms of range, accuracy, but most importantly, firepower. If you're putting rounds down range at someone, you have to either send a lot, or send one that you know will hit.

Without upgrades, your one shot won't hit and you will get shot before you actually hit anyone. You'll get fed up and hate it. You'd be better off hiring.

Go for a TM VSR 10 or a JG Bar 10 if you want something Remington 700-ish. Or a Well or Maruzen L96 if you want something L96 ish. Both are easy upgrade platforms with a lot of parts available.

Tac-Master, have you had an A&K SVD? 'Cos I've heard very mixed reviews about them, some saying they're hopeless, most in fact. Some saying they're passable with upgrades.

But anyway, as others have said go for an automatic electric gun - AEG as your first gun, they're modifiable to shoot like snipers once you have more experience and whilst you're learning the ifs and buts you can be having fun shredding people up on auto and getting in on the action for a lot less money.

The most common thing I see being sold on forums is two tone snipers because people bought them thinking they'd be "snipers" when in reality, no sniper can be used as one right out of the box, they are upgrade platforms, pure and simple. If you don't know how to upgrade them, or can't afford it, you'd be better off pretending they don't exist, as you will only be disappointed.

Tac-Master, have you had an A&K SVD? 'Cos I've heard very mixed reviews about them, some saying they're hopeless, most in fact, some saying they're passable with upgrades.

Bought it last august, skirmished it 3 times with decent performance before installing a madbull barrel and an A&K advanced hop and even better after. I just wasn't great at the techniques involved with being a dedicated sniper and I'd get seen easily because I'm crazily tall. Sold it to a (shorter) mate for £90 and that was when i started paying more attention to my MP5.

I think the batch of SVDs mine came in was better, I saw another guy using one who got his last september who said he'd had no problems, and even less after the advanced hop.

• Supporters

Perhaps there was a large batch of lemons or something then, I never took note of the dates of the reports I've read, or where they were bought from, but I'll bet there's a correlation of some kind in there somewhere.

• Supporters

If you're looking for a high end, great rifle out of the box,Marui VSR 10 series

Don't be ridiculous.

The vsr can be a great gun, after upgrades, but out of the box? They're at the top but hardly 'great'. They require upgrades just like every other to even start performing 'great'.

• Supporters

He is in Ireland, Marcus. Over there it'd be fine out of the box.

There wouldn't be that much point upgrading anything at all if you've only got 328fps to play with.

But yes. Over here it'd be a POS out of the box.

Guest WhiteDeath

I recommend going with everyone else's advice on not having a sniper rifle for your first gun.

If you want to be a sniper later in your life,get an AEG and attach some optics to it,leave it on semi-auto and play the DMR Role,to get used to long range engagements.

Putting a telescopic sight and switching it to semi auto doesn't make it a DMR. You need extensive internal upgrades, as you'll usually have a minimum engagement distance the same as bolt action snipers and the gearbox also has to be locked internally. All of this is very expensive..

ive had a a&k svd and it was significantly less accurate and ranged than my old well l96 and the bolt mechanism killed my hands even with gloves on

Did you put the A&K advanced hop, Madbull barrel and extended bolt handle on yours? I did, and I was doing very well in comparison to other guys with sniper rifles.

Putting a telescopic sight and switching it to semi auto doesn't make it a DMR. You need extensive internal upgrades, as you'll usually have a minimum engagement distance the same as bolt action snipers and the gearbox also has to be locked internally. All of this is very expensive..

I was interested in upgrading my MP5 to DMR standard a while ago, but then I read a post on a US forum about upgrading to DMR standard. I saw the figure '$1200' and I instantly got rid of that idea :D

• Supporters

$1200 will be for every conceivable bell and whistle.

You can do it for next to nothing by getting the most powerful motor you can, the most structurally sound gearbox shell, upgraded gears, shimming them to perfection and whacking a huge spring in there to give you about 450fps.

Sure it won't be the best DMR ever, but it'll have longer range than anyone else by a fair way and you can just use .3g BBs or higher to keep the BBs stable in flight and help with your accuracy.

So long as you stay low and do your best to keep out of sight you ought to be able to take most people out before they're in easy range of you.

I've done it to my L85 and it's a beast with a DMR set up.

My L85 has a quick change spring though, I don't envy anyone that tries to put a 450fps spring into a V2 gearbox... I think I'd rather bath in shit for 4 weeks and then drown myself in it.

$1200 will be for every conceivable bell and whistle.

You can do it for next to nothing by getting the most powerful motor you can, the most structurally sound gearbox shell, upgraded gears, shimming them to perfection and whacking a huge spring in there to give you about 450fps.

Sure it won't be the best DMR ever, but it'll have longer range than anyone else by a fair way and you can just use .3g BBs or higher to keep the BBs stable in flight and help with your accuracy.

So long as you stay low and do your best to keep out of sight you ought to be able to take most people out before they're in easy range of you.

I've done it to my L85 and it's a beast with a DMR set up.

My L85 has a quick change spring though, I don't envy anyone that tries to put a 450fps spring into a V2 gearbox... I think I'd rather bath in sh*t for 4 weeks and then drown myself in it.

I think the total was including a top-tier AEG as well, adding $500-$600 to the total. Ah well, the stuff i've ordered for Samantha should suffice for a while :D

Ah well, the stuff i've ordered for Samantha should suffice for a while

*my MP5

Archived