Which G36...? Project Development

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Bit of wiring and motor height. With the blowback the motor likes to jump up and down a bit, as all the screws rattle loose :P Usually have to tighten them up every few weekends.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

not dodgy, you say?

416 is GBB so the cost is just going to rocket. At least it arrives next week and i can just sit at home cuddling it :P

Yeah, my G36 is always within reach @home so I can pick it up easily for a cuddle lol!

Cannot go wrong with the SRC Gen III G36!! Have used mine on 9.6v for a while and really pushed its boundaries. I take the gun apart and it never shows any signs of wear and tear!

I've sacked the 11.1V idea for the time being. I don't want that kind of ROF, it's for the trigger response that I was thinking of it. I'd probably be ok, because I do most of my shooting on semi anyway, but I wouldn't want any nagging doubts in the back of my mind about switching to full auto. Maybe I'll revisit the idea. Apart from the 7.4V LiPo I bought, I have got a 4300mAh 9.6V battery lurking in my cupboard which I can modify to fit in the stock (@mo it's in a funky configuration of 3 cells stacked horizontal next to 2 horizontal, 2 horizontal, 1 vertical, but if I twist the 3rd horizontal cell that sticks out around it should tape up into the standard dimensions). I've also discovered that my 8.4V AK stick batteries fit in the stock, so long as it's not adjusted short, so being able to share batteries between guns is a bonus if I have to carry my kit on my back for a while again.
Dropped one PMAG from the top of the stan stairwell......fell all the way to the bottom over 4 floors!!! didnt lose 1 BB out of the magazine and no damage at all to it!

That's impressive! I do like the look of them too, but at double the price I paid for the DBOYS ones, it's just too expensive. I'll have to see how well the springs last, but looks-wise I'm happy with them. They do look like real steel, although I'd bet one that I couldn't throw it down even one flight of concrete stairs without some kind of chip/crack. One thing about them that appeals more than PMAGS though is that they connect together, which has got to help with speed of mag change. I'll be able to link two of them to two ordinary hicaps also (which I already have because I saw them cheap on fleabay yonks ago and got them for use with hire guns), until I get round to buying flash mags, so they'll still look tasty from the right hand side or front while slung.

I just bought a G36K length RIS off somebody on fleabay for £41.65 in P&P. After considering the length of the launcher I want to fit (280mm) and also how far forward the faux gas block sits inside the handguard, I decided a C length RIS wouldn't work, because the suppressor visible inside the RIS is crucial to the look I want. As it happens, Chris, it's identical to yours except it also has rail numbers, and I favour index clips...

$(KGrHqFHJFYFD1bLi!J+BRBq8nmj,g~~60_12.JPG

I'm not sure I can bring myself to build such a close copy of anyone's gun though. Even with the integral scope carry handle, the similarity may be too much to bear. Especially since I'm also putting together an all black loadout!!!

One thing which must perforce be almost if not perfectly identical is the suppressor. What is the widest diameter that fits inside the RIS, if you know or wouldn't mind measuring, Chris?

not dodgy, you say?

Its probably just me. I hate electronics.

I am the guy who once set fire to a toaster when making toast.

• Supporters

Its probably just me. I hate electronics.

I am the guy who once set fire to a toaster when making toast.

Oh that's easily done, mate! In fact I'd say that in any student household the chance of it happening must approach certainty by the end of any given uni year. All it needs is nobody emptying the crumb tray...

I once gave myself a real throw-you-across-the-room electric shock by drying wet socks on an electric bar fire - the sock fell through onto one of the elements and I grabbed it - the fact that it hadn't blown the fuse straight away ought to have clued me up to the fact that the earth connection was dodgy... but no, doh!

Oh that's easily done, mate! In fact I'd say that in any student household the chance of it happening must approach certainty by the end of any given uni year. All it needs is nobody emptying the crumb tray...

This wasn't even when i was a student :P

Was in malaysia, decided to re-toast some cold toast and left the room. I was then alerted by a friend that there was a lot of smoke in the kitchen and walked into find the toaster and the cupboard above it on fire. Needless to say I've been banned from making toast at my friends house again :P

• 2 weeks later...

in terms of the suppresor mate I have fitted a chubby silencer as well as the main stream ones and all fit no problems....it is literally about 1mm of space but just fits perfect under the RIS

• Supporters

Yeah, thanks Chris. The RIS i bought arrived so i could measure it - 42mm approx so yeah, I'm looking for a 40mm x 260mm ideally.

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

This project continues apace. To bring this thread up to date, I have bought:

Burst Wizard King Kong Mosfet - £31.57 inc P&P from Airsoft World

509mm Tanio Koba Hop Twist inner barrel - nice fair deal from Ed

Guarder OPS USSOCOM 260mm Suppressor & Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing - Purple Soft - £45.98 from Eagle6 Airsoft

Lees Precision Engineering Air Brake Piston Head - £13.80 inc P&P from LPE

Sorbo Pads for Cylinder - £??.?? - about a tenner IIRC I can't remember where from though

5KU' 4" Quick Detach Ultralight Vertical Grip for 20mm Rail (-45 TypeB) & 'Hornbill Products' aluminium Air Seal Nozzle for G36C (Doesn't fit Grrrrrrr!) - $34.00 inc P&P from RSOV

JBU Tappet Plate Delayer (also doesn't fit grrrrrrrrrrrr!) & G&P 551 Type Dot Sight with EOLAD Laser - £126.85 from Zero One

Plastic wingnuts, steel eyenut & bolts + 6mm Locking Carabiner & 6mm Spring Arm Carabiner to replace forward body pin, add locking ability for folding stock & RIS, and add usability to rear sling mount - £17-ish

New Plastic Hop Unit - £15-ish inc P&P from AW (just for the little nub pusher bit which I lost from the stock metal one and they aren't available separately - what a cock!)

The gun is currently in bits because the gearbox has proven to be a bit of a pain in the arse to reassemble - it's the fcuking anti-reversal latch. It doesn't stay in place like an AK's grrrrrr! TBH, I haven't had much time to get on with it either.

Edit: oh yeah and a Madbull 1" CCW to CCW outer barrel extender and, (£15-ish from FS I think) and because the D Boys bullet mags I bought actually only hold about 28-30 BB's, rather than the 50 they are supposed to, I bought 6 Classic Army bullet mags 2nd hand from somebody on here whose name escapes me...

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

27/07/2013 - Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield

995948_538697202845493_872907885_n_edit.1004089_538697222845491_1502681795_n_38d

Jetta's debut as a "Suburban Assault Rifle" - still needs a masterkey shottie and paint job to fill the role as I imagine it.

It's going to take some practice for me to get used to using the sights as they are. I'm so used to focussing my eyes beyond the foresight so I'm aiming and watching the trajectory, it almost feels like the sights are in my way now! The windage adjustments are fine on both, although I expect that if I can get some time on an indoor range there's a degree or three either way for perfection. The elevation adjustments badly need time spent on them.

I've got SHS 16:1 Gears in her now ($22 shipped, from a contact in HK) and they bring the ROF up to acceptable. Personally I'm disappointed with what I got out of the stock gears, 7.4V 30C LiPo & Silver Plated Wiring. I can't give you any figures because I still haven't bought myself a chrono (word to the wishlist: move that up), but I'd guess at about 12.5/s. I'm beginning to think that investing in a 5000mAh 7.4V LiPo was a bad idea - I need more voltage for trigger response. I don't actually want a huge ROF because I think it's a waste of BB's, but the King Kong MOSFET allows you to tune the ROF down - I really ought to have thought about that before and bought a massive 11.1V LiPo, ho hum...

On the chrono @Skirmish I was more concerned with my FPS than ROF = 71.?? m/s or 233FPS :blink::wacko::huh::(

However, I'm getting average AEG range out of her. Disappointing again and fcuking confusing because I was expecting average FPS and extended range. She was getting 330+/-2 FPS new. To achieve this, at Airsoft World's request, SRC had fitted her with a Downgraded Spring (the stock is M120) and drilled a tiny hole in the Air Seal Nozzle. So, when I fitted the 509mm TK Hop Twist Barrel I bought from our own dear Ed, bearing in mind the warning that they are designed to work at 1J, I left the Perforated Nozzle and Spring in place.

Other changes:

Piston Head - Lees Precision Engineering Airbrake (pressing Piston into Cylinder with a finger over the outlet gives a complete seal)

Grease - CT-2 Synthetic Grease with Teflon (it's a little gooier than the Guarder stuff, but slippier too - there's no O-Ring inside the Perforated Air Seal Nozzle, so I used a good smear of Grease around the base - it doesn't give a perfect seal to the finger squash test, but it is good).

Hop Rubber - Prometheus Soft Purple (seems to fit just fine and I greased the outside of it so there's a good seal inside the Hop Unit - I also greased the Barrel in a stripe just further forward than the window so it will make a definite seal between Barrel & Rubber but not get any Grease on the Rubber where it contacts the BB's).

Hop Nub - Madbull Fishbone Spacer (I lost the original metal part and whatever was in there to push against the rubber, so i replaced it with the part from an SHS plastic G36 Hop Unit, which is shorter than the stock one and, after something like 0.2mm of grinding, allows an H Nub in there - Hop Up works as expected).

The question is then, my friends, wtf is wrong? Why am I getting such low FPS? The TK Barrel is about 50mm longer than the stock 6.08mm, so although that won't count for much, I'd expected something like 331FPS +/- 2

Archived