A&K SVD scope problem

fink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my A&K svd spring sniper. I have attatched a side mounted rail and used low profile scope mounts. My scope points way above the line of the rifle. I have tried two different side mounts and two different scope mounts but no matter what I do the scope is too high. There is no way of adjusting the scope down far enough.

Does anyone have this problem or advice on how to fix it please?

thanks all

fink

Are your rings the higher type? Getting lower ones may solve the problem.

I don't really know, I had a replica PSO-1 on my SVD instead of buying the mount and sight separately and never had any problem zeroing it in.

I had a normal scope on my A&K SVD and also had zero problems, although mine was more windage than elevation, as the scope was offline with the centre line of the barrel and wouldn't come far enough left to get it on target. If you are having elevation problems then as TacMaster said, try lower height scope rings. If you can put up a pic of your current setup it might be easier to judge exactly what needs doing.

I have low profile mounts already. I suspect that I need to get the all in one PSO mount to make this work well. For now I have .....wait for it....duct taped my scope straight onto the side mount which has halved the problem and made it possible to use the scope adjustments to get close to zeroed. I will try and put a pic up later. Thanks for the advice guys.

Archived