Whats a Reliable Budget AEG?

AirsoftNewbie123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

cyma ak. onyl heard well about them on forums, just got two myself and a frined have had his as a workhorse for years with no repairs etc.

if you wanna skirmish, batteri is sometimes included, sometimes not, I recommend having atleast 2 in any case (sucks if your battery runs out!!). for mags a hicap is usually included, it will be all you need for now (just keep a small bottle for ammo, any plastic bottle will do). never use the included ammo.

Also make sure the two tone is sprayed/painted on and not molded plastic

Cyma AK, SRC Gen III G36, JG G36, DE/ASG shotgun, G&G combat machine.

all suitable choices. Cheap and reliable don't really go together. And this being airsoft, nothing is reliable :P Even the systemas (£1000) break.

Love the CYMA AK. 30,000 rounds though our uni aks and still performing well. beats a G&G out the box from what i've seen.

Plus they are fully TM compatible, built to last and are cheap as chips.

• Supporters

Metal CYMA AKs are very affordable (under £200) very reliable and have fantastic performance out of the box, my mate has one that he got as his first gun over 3 years ago, still not done anything to it at all and it is phenomenal.

Ian_Gere on here will vouch for them too, as I imagine Finius will, also.

There isn't actually any need to upgrade them from my experience.

SRC G36s are quite common and easy to get hold of, but they don't really impress me. They're good for the price, but they're not anything like as good as all the other G36s, the KWA is only about £50 more but it's twice the gun. The JG is also better in my opinion and that's about the same price, possibly cheaper.

My site use the UMAREX versions of the SRC as hire guns and although they make great hire guns, I would never think of them as anything more than that.

Classic Army sports lines are very easy to break, the plastic is quite brittle and doesn't flex very well. Every story I've ever heard about them has involved someone tripping over and snapping the stock and grip off.

Lastly, G&G Combat machine's are by far the cheapest choice and in my opinion the best, there's a wide range of guns to choose from, you can get an extremely high quality construction, excellent performing G&G nylon fibre M4 for a mere £100 brand new.

Guest WhiteDeath

Going to have to disagree with almost everything you just said, metal CYMA AKs are very affordable (under £200) very reliable and have fantastic performance out of the box, my mate has one that he got as his first gun over 3 years ago, still not done anything to it at all and it is phenomenal.

Ian_Gere on here will vouch for them too, as I imagine Finius will, also.

There isn't actually any need to upgrade them from my experience, and you'd have to be the hulk to break one over your knee.

In my experience SRC G36s don't really impress me. They're good for the price, but they're not anything like as good as all the other G36s, which are about the same price. My site use the UMAREX versions as hire guns and although they make great hire guns, I would never think of them as anything more than that.

Classic Army sports lines are the things you can snap over your knee. Every story I've ever heard about them has involved someone tripping over and snapping the stock and grip off.

Lastly, G&G Combat machine's are by far the cheapest choice, you can get a extremely high quality construction, excellent performing G&G nylon fibre M4 for a mere £100 brand new, everything else you've mentioned is £130 or more.

Where do you get your information from?

Idiots from my local site.

Will delete the post,too many cockups.Sorry.

A friend of mine had several Cyma AKs that he has constant problems with.Here in Ireland G&G guns are rather expensive.CA sportlines tend to be rather popular from people I know.

Anyway,sorry for the sh*t info.Will delete.

• Supporters

That's ok. Just be sure to verify your sources next time, cross reference stuff from a few different places to see what the consensus is before posting.

Chinese clone gearboxes are built with solid components, but can often be put together badly due to bad quality control. CYMA AKs and JG M4s/G36s in my experience give the best bang for the sterling especially if you compare internal components part for part. Sometimes though they just need some basic tuning, but to be honest I don't know any out of the box gun that doesn't need exactly that.

The only time I recommend G&G CMs is when the player has no access to anyone who can do a little tuning. That's only because their QC is better. Personally I don't think their sportline gearboxes are all that and the wires are...well...not all that either lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived