What to get?? Help!

AirsoftNewbie123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im not quite sure what to get as i am fairly new to airsoft, i have two options, a HFC VSR11 or this AEG-http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/jg68-jg-g39-aeg-electric-rifle.html-

I know that the AEG is not a proper branded gun but does that matter?? i wont a reliable gun that is most importantly FUN as i will not be doing skermish's apart from the odd battle with a few friends.

So basicly i wont a gun that is reliable,less maintenance, fun, and generally just for garden plinking.

Please give me your opinions, cheers :D

Honestly mate I wouldnt bother with either.

My mate brought the G39 and it was broken 2 mins out of the box.

And the VSR has some shocking reviews.

If your after reliability your best bet would be to put abit more cash to it and get something second hand of the forum.

Do you have a budget in mind?

I'd reccomend getting a proper AEG and being (BB) cannon fodder first before branching off into a niche role. I'd also reccomend seeing if you can borrow a sniper rifle or renting one if you can before getting one. I've known people buy expensive snipers before trying them & finding that they aren't great at most of the aspects of a sniping role.

I'd been skirmishing as BB fodder for a while before sorting a lightweight reconnaisance rig out, and now I may be getting a grenade launcher so I can play multiple roles.

Ultimately depends on what you like to play.

WikiHow has loads of guides on how to play roles in airsoft, here's a link to an in-depth sniper guide:

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-an-Airsoft-Sniper

Also

"the odd battle with a few friends"

Where will you be doing this? Unless you own or have use of a fair bit of private excluded land, you would need to be at a skirmish site... and neither of those will suffice as a skirmish able weapon.

Thanks guys,

i can get the vsr11 for £45 if that makes it any better?? But yes i do have a budget

i may buy a secondhand gun but surely it will be worn and less reliable?? i just dont wanna fork out aload a money and break it in 4 weeks.

i just dont wanna fork out aload a money and break it in 4 weeks.

Fork out no money and it WILL break in 4 weeks :P

Airsoft isn't cheap. The guns are classified as "toys" but ones that are reliable and worth buying do cost alot more that what you're thinking of spending.

If you have a small budget, you could consider a DE shotgun.

Yes i do have a fair bit of private land and i use my near by woods for skirmishing every now and then..

Do that and if someone see's you... you'll have armed response pointing REAL guns in your face very shortly. You cannot play in public land, as it counts as a firearms offence.

A second hand gun may have been upgraded by the first user so it'll be more durable and have a better performance then stock.

And if you're after a skirmishable rifle, never trust one under £130 new.

Fork out no money and it WILL break in 4 weeks :P

Airsoft isn't cheap. The guns are classified as "toys" but ones that are reliable and worth buying do cost alot more that what you're thinking of spending.

If you have a small budget, you could consider a DE shotgun.

My old DE M56c was great with the right ammo, hurt like hell wherever it hit

I think it took 3 chunks out of the fence of my old house when I shot it! Wasn't bad for £70.

edit: guy on the site selling a JG Bar 10 rifle http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/13651-two-tone-jg-bar-10-with-scope-accessories/

There's a good ol saying, "buy nice or buy twice" and believe me it goes for most things in life. If you want to be competitive on the field, keep an eye on in the sale section and you'll eventually come by a good deal.

If you can be patient and save up there's usually 3 cheap and cheerful guns I recommend to newer players. CYMA AKs, JG M4s or G36Cs or maybe even a G&G combat machine.

Trust me mate there's no point in buying twice ;)

• Supporters

I Have a KWA G19 But i'd never sell it for less than £100 Paypalled and Posted (G19 Fi Dragon Low Light Replacement Iron Sight's, Cheap Serpa Holster, Extra Mag and Original Sight's aswell as the Box and Hop Tool so your asking a Fair bit for £50)

like has already been said AEG

i Recommend a G&G M4A1 (Can be Had for £99.99!)

a CYMA AK (Varie's on Price and Model)

or a JG G36C!

Two completely different guns :P

http://www.airsoftwo...rifle-g608.html

Just looking at the pic of the "JG G39" makes me cringe. Not only is it sparkly blue, but it already looks like the bolts on the fore rails are rusty :/

Quality looks shocking. Doesn't have the ability to take down properly, no motor adjustment, cannot take normal airsoft body parts. These things are meant to be just thrown away instead of maintaining.

if you are under 18, which you probably are, and are going to have a laugh in the back garden or in the park....then to be honest get a nerf gun...You won't hurt each other too much, you won't have the neighbours phoning the Police every 5 minutes and unless you have a garden which is huge then nerf will be a whole lot more fun than a naff airsoft gun that will break in 5 minutes.

now if you are going to go to an airsoft skirmish site then you are looking at a minimum of £100 plus postage and bits to get a reasonable skirmish airsoft gun.

If i was you i would go for the g&g range, cheap easy starter guns, heres a few examples, they make more and they might be cheaper elsewhere but this is just an example http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/taiwanese-airsoft-guns/g-g-taiwan also look out for guns on this forum, under the sales section. There are loads that get put on all the time for not too much money.

if you are under 18, which you probably are, and are going to have a laugh in the back garden or in the park....then to be honest get a nerf gun...You won't hurt each other too much, you won't have the neighbours phoning the Police every 5 minutes and unless you have a garden which is huge then nerf will be a whole lot more fun than a naff airsoft gun that will break in 5 minutes.

now if you are going to go to an airsoft skirmish site then you are looking at a minimum of £100 plus postage and bits to get a reasonable skirmish airsoft gun.

i do have huge land thats the point and i like airsoft........do you really like nerf guns?? lol

Nerf guns, for buggering around in the back garden WITH MY KIDS is great fun. Wish I had them instead of cap guns when I was a lad.

back to your OP, you want a gun for back garden plinking..back gardens are generally small'ish around 100-150" max. If you have access to loads of land, not yours by the way, you just happen to be lucky enough to have someone who owns it and admits to owning you, then airsoft would still not be ok due to the potential for harm caused by idiotic play.

So I would recomend you go shell out £50 on something from justbbguns and allow it to break in a session or two, hopefully before you put someones eye out with it.

(and yes I am at least double, but probably closer to triple your age and experience, but feel free to do what the .... you like anyway)

Nerf guns, for buggering around in the back garden WITH MY KIDS is great fun. Wish I had them instead of cap guns when I was a lad.

back to your OP, you want a gun for back garden plinking..back gardens are generally small'ish around 100-150" max. If you have access to loads of land, not yours by the way, you just happen to be lucky enough to have someone who owns it and admits to owning you, then airsoft would still not be ok due to the potential for harm caused by idiotic play.

So I would recomend you go shell out £50 on something from justbbguns and allow it to break in a session or two, hopefully before you put someones eye out with it.

(and yes I am at least double, but probably closer to triple your age and experience, but feel free to do what the .... you like anyway)

I do where goggle when doing battles and am sensible and treat it as if a club.

i do have huge land thats the point and i like airsoft........do you really like nerf guns?? lol

so.. whens the next game on :D

since you where looking at a g36, apparently the SRC is really good & fairly priced http://www.airsoftworld.net/two-tone-src-g36c-gen-iii-airsoft-rifle.html, real nice lookin two tone aswell! And if you want to try being a sniper, the airsoft sniper does not add a great amount of range, rather get a cheap x4 scope from ebay and pop your aeg to semi just to get a feel for it, if you like it I'm sure there's plenty of people who regret buying a sniper who would swap with you!!

oh and if m4 is okay, yea, go with the G&G, only heard well about them, and for <£100 you really cant go wrong!

hey mate, i bought the vsr11 recon for £45 from justbbguns and have put £140 of upgrades into and it is performing pretty well. If you do get it and want to upgrade it i highly reccomend airsoftsniperparts.com very good prices and great service. then again, if you are only having back garden skirmishes with your mate you wouldnt even need upgrades as out the box its semi decent. ( easily hit a man size target from 40m range ) then again, you could just get a nerf gun as mentioned a bit further up :P

Keep in mind that 'Recon' in this sense means reconditioned, so the gun was broken to start with and will only perform as well as a new one would after you upgraded the reconditioned one.

Archived