Airsoft clothing/looks

Somnophore
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm starting airsoft next weekend and wondered what sort of variation there was in terms of clothing/style in airsoft, I'm not really into mil sim in the sense that I'm not going to spend loads to look exactly like a uk/us soldier, if anything I prefer a sort of paramilitary look, ,mixing civilian and military clothing, sort of what you see in American post apocalyptic fiction.

Is this going to be ok or after a while is there going to be pressure to be more milsim?

When I can register and start buying I'm planning on getting a real sword type 56 as my main rifle and probably a tm or kwa glock 17 as a backup/cqb

I used to do a lot of paintball but did airsoft once and got hooked but sadly injured my knee before I cold get into it more and only now fit to start again, any advice welcome.

I do wear camo but i've never felt the need for realistic gear to emulate other soldiers.

Wear what you're comfortable with, and whatever you think looks good.

The only thing i do want to make accurate is my Black Mesa loadout... but that will require a lot more work money. Although have just got a SPAS-12 so there's 1 out of the 4 guns actually accurate to the game :P

Civ/military, PMC whatever you want to call it works and people find it easy to live with. A couple of my uni team just wear jeans / jumper etc and whack their kit over the top of it.

There isn't really a pressure to do it, although you may just change your mind of what you like playing in. I used to play all in black, however as i got more into the sport I got interested in purchasing camo. Although didn't want to mimic a set army etc. Just chose a camo scheme i thought looked good and was uncommon.

I might have to re think the real sword type 56 apparently it runs a but hot for the site That'll be my main venue, 350 fps max at that site for aegs and that runs up around 400 apparently, I'd like an ak probably, but something high end in any rate, any recommendations?

I'd rather spend cash on weapons than loads on kit. I've actually sold few bits on eBay to airsoft people and someone paid £327 for a used Paraclete plate carrier with a few extras (I paid £20 at car boot) I'd rather stick to my £25 viper assault vest and spend the difference on what I'm actually using to play the game.

Just wear what feels comfortable and fulfills a need.

For instance you dont need to show up with enough gear to survive 2 weeks in the wilderness but my advice is if it takes batteries or gas- bring a spare.

As far as clothing goesjeans will suffice but a decent pair of cargo/combat trousers will be much better as they should be tougher wearing and have extra pockets for all the little things you might need.

If you can get a chest rig or even just a decent belt set up thats all you really need.

Something you can carry spare mags/ammo/gas in.

Some guys carry tools and spare parts but if if your hiring guns this wont be an issue.

It's also worth carrying a drink and maybe a snack bar for that little energy boost if you start to lag towards the afternoon, especially if your cardio is weakened by your injury.

Make sure youve got a decent set of boots as a twisted/sprained/broken ankle can really slow you down :P

Gloves if your playing outdoors or somewhere cold- a 500fps sniper shot to the tip of your pinkie will certainly make the eyes water.

If playing indoors, maybe look into some sort of mouthguard if the site dont offer full face protection.

Even just a shema (scarf) wrapped around your face can prevent chipped teeth.

Most of all mate just remember to have fun!

Ill be heading up to Anzio at some point in the next month or so, hope to see you around.

Gaz

I might have to re think the real sword type 56 apparently it runs a but hot for the site That'll be my main venue, 350 fps max at that site for aegs and that runs up around 400 apparently, I'd like an ak probably, but something high end in any rate, any recommendations?

I'd rather spend cash on weapons than loads on kit. I've actually sold few bits on eBay to airsoft people and someone paid £327 for a used Paraclete plate carrier with a few extras (I paid £20 at car boot) I'd rather stick to my £25 viper assault vest and spend the difference on what I'm actually using to play the game.

In regards to a decent AK dude, have a look at CYMAs range, the new stuff is spot on.

Ive got a CYMA AK47 Romanian full metal and wood with electric blow back and DAMN!! its a beauty!

Cracking gun and can take a beating (Im a clumsy f**ker from time to time).

Apparently the cyma ak is 400fps too

Yes mate but a quick spring change and your golden.

If you buy it from a UK store just tell them and they will downgrade it for you.

If you buy it 2nd hand chances are it will have already been downgraded :)

New guns usually run hot.

You can ask to get the spring changed though and you're good to go. Do love the type 56, and they're pretty rare to see as well.

• Supporters

You want a Real Sword RS Type 56? I want a RS Type 56-2 and, finally, I've got the fcuking money too. Our problem is that nobody in the UK has any of either, not even Redwolf who are based in HK but have a UK operation. I spoke to Calum @Land Warrior and he told me that they paid for their restock order months ago but have had no word from RS and all emails have been ignored. Fire Support are out of stock too, as are Airsoft World.

If anybody has a lead on another RS stockist, please let us know! :)

I recently bought a LCT AKMS NV which I really ought to get round to reviewing, but long story short, I sent it back. Some things about it were truly excellent but others were so bad that it just wasn't worth taking the risk that the minimum GBP100-ish that I could tell would need to be spent, on top of the GBP219 + GBP8.99 P&P asking price, just to have a woodland skirmishable AEG, would actually sort out all the problems I could immediately see and not reveal or create any that I couldn't.

Here's a few alternatives that I'm considering (in no particular order of preference):

1) ICS AK74 RAS

2) G&G RK103

3) G&P AK47 Tactical

4) ICS AK74M Folding Stock

5) CYMA AKM47 (AK103) RIS Tactical

6) G&G GK99

Comments

1) The ICS guns I've seen and held have been very solid and well put together. I have an ICS AKS 74U and I'd be prepared to bet that everything on it, apart from the folding stock, can take as much abuse as the real steel without breaking. They are also powered by the ICS Turbo 3000 Motor which runs a reinforced gearbox designed to cope with such godlike power. The only problem with it however is in breaking it down - in short I don't know how. I'm by no means un-handy nor an idiot (most of the time), it just doesn't break down like a Tokyo Marui or TM compatible, nor in any obvious way. I've been told that all ICS AK's break down the same way... In my mind there remains a question mark above the stock barrel and hop rubber.

2) G&G have one of the best reputations I've heard, but strangely enough I've never met anybody who has one of their guns on her/him. I'm concerned that the extra money this would cost, compared to a cheapo AK, may purchase better quality parts which last longer, but nevertheless add up to an averagely good gun, and would therefore have to be replaced to get the kind of range and accuracy I want, constituting a waste...

3) This is basically the same gun as the CYMA AK47 Tactical w/Trades which I already have, but made by a company based in HK rather than mainland China and with a better reputation. I'm concerned however that this may be pure prejudice. Especially considering how good CYMA AK's are (see below).

4) See above.

5) My CYMA Tactical AK47 had amazing range and accuracy right out of the box. If I had left it alone, I dare say it would still be excellent, but i had to mess with it, if for no other reason than to satisfy my curosity. As it happens it was slightly too hot for sites that hard limit @350 fps, and I wanted to use it at woodland and CQB so I began tinkering. I messed with iut so much that I damaged parts of the plastic receiver and the gearbox shell. This generation of CYMA AK's, the CM.028 versions, were direct TM clones, but some reviews said they were better than the originals. They do come with a medium-tight bore barrel (6.08mm) as standard and a hop rubber with a divided nub which ensures even contact across both left & right sides of the BB as it is fired. These new CYMA AK's, the .048 versions, are full metal and, where needed, wood, so should be that much more resistant to damage by learner aeg-smiths...

6) Well just look at it, ffs! That it has no RIS is a problem b/c my left wrist doesn't do well without a vertical grip, but I feel sure I could bodge something on there, possibly one of those Magpul angled foregrips. I'm tempted to think that details such as the slash hider, iron sights, charging handle & sprung folding stock may be enough that if it also needs a TBB and new hop rubber, I won't mind.

Regarding loadouts, others have said it: get/don't get whatever you like. If you want to join/form a team, you may get some pressure to match camo with the majority, but certainly not initially.

I realise that this selection of AK's are not the stained-plywood-&-scuffed-steel that we're used to seeing in the hands of poor people, promoting their cause by other means, the world over, but if that is the look you're after, most of the above have metal & wood versions.Finally, would those of you with more experience please comment on my comments so I and Somnophore may learn a thing or two :)

2) G&G have one of the best reputations I've heard, but strangely enough I've never met anybody who has one of their guns on her/him. I'm concerned that the extra money this would cost, compared to a cheapo AK, may purchase better quality parts which last longer, but nevertheless add up to an averagely good gun, and would therefore have to be replaced to get the kind of range and accuracy I want, constituting a waste...

My M14 with the killer range is G&G, nearly all stock parts too, theyre awesome, I'll probably end up getting their AK-104 at some point too.

But back to the topic, the real sword ak is supposed to be the best one out there, all that you'd need is a new spring to make it skirmishable.

Archived