The Evolution of Lola

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I thought I'd give a small account of how my rifle has developed over the years, might prevent some people new to the sport from making some of my mistakes.

June 2010, bought an AGM M16A3

July 2010, added M203

DSCN1203_zps7baffac3.jpg

January 2011, removed M203, added new RIS Rail, Torch, Laser and Fore Grip,

internally put in a Systema Energy CMB and ASCU

P4190027_zps26a231ad.jpg

July 2011, butchered a shotgun and modified it to fit (never was able to use it in anger though), added 4x Acog scope

internally fitted a systema 6.03mm TBB and systema hop unit

lolaa_zps13c2590f.png

October 2011, fitted a Zombat stryker flash hider

Lolawithshotgun_zps56558ffe.jpg

May 2012, removed almost all extraneous equipment from gun to improve weight, added RS 557 and 3x FTS

DSC_0100Custom_zps8e87ed13.jpg

December 2012, removed the old full stock and added the marine stock.

January-February 2013, hoping to get the top half of the gun water dipped in ATACS-FG

Absolutely love her, she can hit a head at 60m, and a person at 80m, with a ROF to match, about 24-26rps with a 9.6v, she's getting well known around kent.

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

So what exactly is fitted inside this AGM M16 to make it godlike? Most of the things on here are showing off the externals.

Systema gearbox and hop, ASCU, tightbore. Doesn't sound like much for the cost you said you'd spent on it.

How much was the Systema gearbox? I can't understand how you've spent as much as you say on it, unless you're counting everything you've ever bought and not just everything you're currently using.

I bought about 5 of every part for my L85 to test all the best available options, but I didn't include that in my breakdown or cost valuation, otherwise it'd be a good £100 or more over what it is now.

So what exactly is fitted inside this AGM M16 to make it godlike? Most of the things on here are showing off the externals.

Systema gearbox and hop, ASCU, tightbore. Doesn't sound like much for the cost you said you'd spent on it.

How much was the Systema gearbox? I can't understand how you've spent as much as you say on it, unless you're counting everything you've ever bought and not just everything you're currently using.

I bought about 5 of every part for my L85 to test all the best available options, but I didn't include that in my breakdown or cost valuation, otherwise it'd be a good £100 or more over what it is now.

I will admit the £1800 is for a cost of all parts I have put into it over the years. right now I'd estimate there is (considering I bought new) about £900-£1200 in the gun itself. the helical infinite gear set (I stripped the set that came in the box after a couple of hundred thousand rounds) coupled with the ASCU provides a lovely trigger response. and the trimmed (by me to get it perfect) falcon V-hop gives me the epic range (granted I have to aim above their heads lol).

and the 557 and magnifier are real steal, not clones.

and it basically is no longer an AGM M16, it is the best franken-gun you will ever see, anybody coming to NAE can have a mess around with it.

• Supporters

Fair one. I can believe it's as good as you say, just not the cost, but now you've explained it's all good.

Can't say I like the look if it... I think the second photo looks the best.

I'm getting that a lot, for me I absolutely love it because it looks extremely intimidating, and it does it's job extremely well.

I believe Stormhall's post, second one, sums it up quite nicely, and that's my personal aim whenever I walk onto a skirmish.

There's an old video at the mall (couple of years back) where you see just the muzzle clearing the doorway, and the cameraman immediately shouts "PULL BACK", I like to think it was because of Lola.

Archived