upgeading my swiss arms sar 10, advice please!

00weswyc00
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi everyone,

im a newbie to airsoft, have just bought my first two tone rifles, g36 ( very happy with this purchase ) and a swiss arms SAR 10 bolt action sniper. im looking to upgrade the power on my sniper and have spent some time trawling through the web trying to work out how to go about it. theres so much info out there im a bit overloaded to be honest and thought id seek a bit of advice about the best place to start, do's and dont's, good brands of parts, compatability, that sort of thing. any advice is welcome thanks in advance.

Guest WhiteDeath

First,get a tightbore barrel for accuracy and more effective range.

Remember,FPS=/= Effective range/

I recommend LayLax Or PDI parts.

6.03 or 6.01 tight bore barrels are great.Tania Koba Hop-up Twist barrels are expensive and rare,but a good option.

LayLax PSS100/PSS110 springs are good.

LayLax Zero Trigger is essential.

PDI barrel spacers reduce vibration in the barrel,increasing accuracy.

LayLax or PDI high pressure piston.

LayLax Cylinder head.

Steel spring guide PDI/Laylax.

Teflon cylinder for easier cocking.

All parts you need can be bought from ASPUK(AirsoftSniperPartsUK) The owner,dazz,is a member on AFUK.

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/

If anyone can point out cockups I've made,feel free to do so,and sorry in advance.

thanks mate will check out the site and try n contact dazz aswell. one question i have is how can i find out which parts my rifle is compatible with? i tried looking it up on swiss arms website but could find no trace of it which i found a bit strange. morst of my searches turn up results for the sa1 rather than the sar10 any idea why this is? they look similar but not the same and i dont want to go ordering the wrong parts!

Guest WhiteDeath

Is the SAR 10 a co2 gun? If so, then ask dazz or wait for more responses about upgrades,I dont have much experience with co2 rifles,though I can reccomend a tightbore barrel.If you have a local airsoft retail shop,maybe ask on store about upgrades.

no its a spring, it looks almost identical to urs without the wicked paint job bipod or silencer. i have messaged dazz for advice on compatability, still waiting on a response.

just checked the shop i bought it from and its sold as: Swiss Arms G-Spec VSR Sniper Rifle (SAR-10) 2 Tone

nice one, they said in the shop it was compatible with most brands but i wanted to get impartial advice first b4 making ne big mistakes you know.

out of interest is that paint job standard or done urself?

also have u performed the upgrade u reccomended, if so how much did all that set u back and how hard was it to accomplish? im pretty good with my hands and my tools but i dont want to wreck my lovely new rifle! :)

Guest WhiteDeath

I live in Ireland,so I can have Rifs without a UKARA.Painjob is standard with simply a bit of duct tape,mainly for the looks.I have a leaf mesh over it so you cant see it.

I've helped other people upgrade their guns,its easy enough.If your going for the full upgrade,its not that much trouble.The barrel spacer installation is a bit tricky,along with up and barrel installation.

I always reccomend going to an airsoft shop for massive upgrades.

Archived