Best AEG for skirmishes?

aidi123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I'm just getting into airsoft and was going to get an airsoft sniper rifle but it was highly recommended many times that I get an AEG instead, considering it's my first airsoft gun. So, what is the best AEG to buy for under £160? I've been told that G36, MP5 and AK47 models are a good place to start. What would you recommend for me?

Also, no UKARA registration (I'm only 15) so unfortunately I can only get two tone guns.

What am bestest gun..

You're non-UKARA and only 15??? Not only can you not buy RIFS, you CANNOT buy any airsoft gun either.

What am bestest gun..

You're non-UKARA and only 15??? Not only can you not buy RIFS, you CANNOT buy any airsoft gun either.

Sorry, didn't specify. My parent will get it for me

£160 is a pretty low budget. Are you paying this with your own money?

No, it's my parent's money. Also, how much would you say I should spend on an AEG then? Price is a bit of a problem at the moment but depending on what you think a suitable price range is I'll see if I can go further.

I'd go on proairsoft's sight as they had some of the G&G m4's for £99 left, they are tan and you will have to add £15 or so for two toning it even if your parents buy it but that's where my money would go mate

I'd go on proairsoft's sight as they had some of the G&G m4's for £99 left, they are tan and you will have to add £15 or so for two toning it even if your parents buy it but that's where my money would go mate

Looks great but do you know what battery and charger to buy with it? There's no battery or charger included. Also, how long will the battery last? And what weight BBs would you recommend using with it?

Looks great but do you know what battery and charger to buy with it? There's no battery or charger included. Also, how long will the battery last? And what weight BBs would you recommend using with it?

you would want your parent to phone really, the guys at proairsoft are really good, they will point you in the right direction for battery etc, remember you will need mags too but those you can pick up used on the forums quite easily, most sites test FPS with 0.20 bb's but either those or 0,25 would work ok with it straight out of the box

you would want your parent to phone really, the guys at proairsoft are really good, they will point you in the right direction for battery etc, remember you will need mags too but those you can pick up used on the forums quite easily, most sites test FPS with 0.20 bb's but either those or 0,25 would work ok with it straight out of the box

Brilliant, thanks :D

I would advise Land Warrior Airsoft's clear ICS series, very good for the price

CYMA's great for first guns, I highly reccomend their MP5 series. They aren't at a shabby price either, picked my CM.041J (MP5A5) up for £130, leaving you enough for sight mount and sight.

• 2 weeks later...

CYMA's great for first guns, I highly reccomend their MP5 series. They aren't at a shabby price either, picked my CM.041J (MP5A5) up for £130, leaving you enough for sight mount and sight.

Or indeed battery and charger ;). I never touch batteries that come with chinese guns, and chargers that come with them have a tendancy to eat batteries.

Or indeed battery and charger ;). I never touch batteries that come with chinese guns, and chargers that come with them have a tendancy to eat batteries.

No, I got a smart charger which came with 2 8.4v Warrior batteries, all for £25 in a sale last summer. Plus my Chinky battery works fine to this day although it's pot luck really.

Archived