Arma 2 Ace mod

AirsoftTed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like all the Arma2 stuff, I've watched Takistan life vids, DayZ vids and all the random arma related stuff and I love the game's look and features!!

Problem is my machine (and my shared family computer, AND my dad's editing suite machine) won't run it very well :( . I've tried it on a mate's gaming PC though and we had a lot of fun trolling cops on TLR :)

I think I played it once, is that the one where if for example you fire a machine gun in a long burst, you'll go deaf for a short while?

If it is then it's pretty cool, If I remember correctly it comes with some units too, think I'm gonna go and re-download that mod now actually :P

I play DayZ and Wasteland, but I've never played Ace (Seen it on SixLauncher & Playwithsix though).

What's it like, how does it play compared to other mods?

Its very immersive, can be quite daunting at first if you don't know any controls (you won't not any of the many many new features) but I promise once you've played with it, you'll never want to play without again. It's sort of like the icing on the cake for Arma 2, adds all those things that were missed, i.e. rolling when you land with your parachute, then being able to repack it etc.

The gameplay is good, I've not played many online games yet but it can be alot more liquid due to the ability for a squad to set up a MG/Mortar emplacement wherever they want as they carry it on their back!

I think I played it once, is that the one where if for example you fire a machine gun in a long burst, you'll go deaf for a short while?

If it is then it's pretty cool, If I remember correctly it comes with some units too, think I'm gonna go and re-download that mod now actually :P

Yeah thats the one mate.

• Supporters

Need.

Gaming.

PC.

NOW! D=

Guest WhiteDeath

I used to play ACE from time to time on my ancient gaming PC.Still manage to run it at 30 FPS on medium.Have not played for ages though,might re-install ArmA again.

• Supporters

I'm determined to get on the Gaming PC hype at some point this year, I literally can't stand not being able to play BF2:PR any longer.

• Supporters

Yeah, still a bugger load of people on it, still bringing out updates for it and everything.

I prefer it to Arma2, it's nowhere near as buggy, animations are much nicer and it's smoother gameplay, I think it plays better and it's fun to watch as well.

This is one of my favourite YouTube channels:

http://www.youtube.com/user/phlupple

I think I'll give this one a look. DayZ is quickly overtaking my life!

I might pick it up soon aswell, if it will run. Will it run with an i3 2.1GHz processor and an intel HD3000 graphics card with 4GB RAM?

I honestly have no clue mate, computers are like a different language to me! Have you tried that "can you run that" website?

It says fail but I play Battlefield Play 4 free on 2nd Highest render distance and 2nd highest graphics quality, yet with the "Can You Run It" it says FAIL. Does the PR mod need any higher system requirements than the original? Also I tried to run ARMA but got about 15fps on lowest.

I think you used to need the SF expansion for the grappling hook to work, but they might have changed that. Have you had a look on their forum? Haven't played for a while but I'd be interested in getting back into it if we could form a lil' team!

Archived