Ordering metal receivers from abroad

Ditch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Cracked my m4 receiver and have been struggling to get a new one in the UK sub £75, however in the USA they sell them for £25 with a small amount for shipping. Is there any implications with such a obvious looking part coming via customs?

Thanks in advance

Might be a good idea to have the company you're ordering from label the package on the outside to make it clear to customs it's part of a toy and cannot be used for a real firearm etc. Something like your UKARA number on the front wouldn't hurt either.

Best of luck!

Not had a problem myself thus far as importing parts is not a problem. You don't even need a defence to do it. Once you start building a RIF though...

As already stated; if you put some info on there to clarify its an airsoft part it might help.

Many thanks, low on money (who isn't) at the moment, so it can wait but being such a recognisable part I know customs would love to crack open the parcel then charge me for the pleasure

Archived