Need info on this M4

Paul118x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I am looking at weapons to buy for my first RiF for once I get my license, I am thinking about getting this:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/King-Arms-M4-RIS-Ultra-Grade-Package-Deal_A184HU.aspx

Now, is the handle detachable? Because I would like to put a sight or something on there. I will be playing a woodland site at first so would appreciate any suggestions in sights and things to adapt the gun.

Thanks in advance guys.

Never had a KA rifle, so can't comment on quality, but looking at the pics the handle looks to be detachable, as the upper receiver has a Picatinny rail moulded into it, so you should be able to fit whatever sight you want.

Guest WhiteDeath

Handle is defiantly detachable.I remember seeing a review of this gun which said it was detachable.I think it was by Airsplat.Google ''airsplat King arms M4 RIS review''

King arms make pretty good guns.They're made in hong kong,whiuch is technically part of china,but they actually have quality standards there.

Ah thanks for the info guys :). Do you have any suggestions on accessories to add? I was thinking of a fore grip and sight but is there any reason to get flashlights or lasers or anything to add to it?

Yes the carry handle is detachable, personally just a red dot would be fine as far scopes go. and King Arms are pretty good all round, not heard a lot of complaints about them.

Also a foregrip can be more comfortable to hold that the rails at the front. As for torches and lasers lasers will do jack sh*t outside and anywhere where there is any light. Torches can be useful indoors if you're playing CQB without lights but for woodland you don't need one. Don't try to think of stuff to add otherwise you're just adding more unnecessary weight to your gun. You could easy run it as it came with maybe a foregrip and it would be perfect.

KA are meant to be good. Heard a few bad reports about some of the SIG range but nothing major.

Also just a note. You dont get a "licence" for airsoft. Do you mean UKARA? thats just your name on a database for retailers and is not a legal requirement.

(please done turn this into a UKARA debate!!)

King Arms is a very underrated brand IMO. They have a great balance with nice externals without compromising any internal reliability. They're also TM compatible so you really cannot go wrong.

The carry handle is detachable on most most M4s except a few sportsline varients I think. I'd recommend a nice foregrip to make it more comfortable to hold and a nice eotech replica if you're looking to make use of the exposed top rail once the carry handle is removed.

Overall a very nice rifle ;)

The carry handle is detachable on most most M4s except a few sportsline varients I think.

An M4 by default has a removable carry handle, the only things that don't are the older style AR-15s like the M16 or M733

An M4 by default has a removable carry handle, the only things that don't are the older style AR-15s like the M16 or M733

Oh yeah It was probably a M16 I saw that didn't have a removable carry handle. I'm not really into the platform so I didn't take much notice of the specific model :)

I think the original M4 has a fixed handle, all other AR-15 patterns past the M16A2 will have detachable ones

Nope, M4s have never had fixed carry handles, also as there has only been one model of M4 the M4A1 there are no previous M4 to have fixed handles. It's one of the easiest mistakes to see in films were M4s have been used instead of another period gun as it can be seen by the removable carry handle. A notable example is black hawk down were some of the extras are given M4s and rubber prop M4s are used instead of the correct M733 as its a lot easier and cheaper as theyre more common.

You're most likely thinking of the M733 or the old colt commandos..

• Supporters

Yes the carry handle is detachable, personally just a red dot would be fine as far scopes go. and King Arms are pretty good all round, not heard a lot of complaints about them.

Also a foregrip can be more comfortable to hold that the rails at the front. As for torches and lasers lasers will do jack sh*t outside and anywhere where there is any light. Torches can be useful indoors if you're playing CQB without lights but for woodland you don't need one. Don't try to think of stuff to add otherwise you're just adding more unnecessary weight to your gun. You could easy run it as it came with maybe a foregrip and it would be perfect.

Got to say, I find having a light very handy for woodland, even in the day.

You can shine it through the bushes and stuff to search for snipers - it can really highlight their scope flare - it also blinds them if they're scoped in at the time, and when you're shooting into heavy shadow you can use it to better see where your shots are going, it makes it look like you're using a tracer unit.

Lastly, when you get the occasional bugger who won't take their hits because they think no one can see them, shine the torch at them as you shoot at them and it makes them aware that you're staring right at them, watching them take your hits and not call it.

So all together, I find having my tac light to be really useful, don't like to skirmish without it since I got it.

You do have to get a mad powerful light to make it useful in those ways though, at least 500 lumens.

Lights are pretty useful during daylight for shining at people. Warnings, signals, or just tactics to temporarily blind them as you sweep an area. The CREE LED torches are still pretty damn bright when you're looking at them, even during the day.

Lasers though i've never found useful. Not even at night. Had a PEQ-15, ended up selling it as the only thing the laser got actually used for was playing with cats :/

The only use for lasers is the ability to see where the BB will go when you're firing from the hip, and that's assuming you spend the hours zeroing it in. They're only viable for that role in darkness as you can't see lasers very well in day.

They will give your position away in darkness though.

• Supporters

I've got a mate on here with a green laser, our regular site allow them to be used and it's FREAKIN' AWESOME!

It's like a never ending light sabre. We went for a walk once at about 11pm and we looked across at the horizon and we were like, "Hmm, I wonder if it'll reach those trees... YEP!"

It's easy as hell to see in the day as well, even out to 50m or more.

But, most sites don't allow them, they're only accurate to a specific field of ranges, and as said before, they give your position away even worse than shouting your head off would.

Also, you can see BBs in flight, so unless you're CQB at night, there really is no advantage whatsoever.

Archived