M203 Ukara question

Hog Tied
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if any of you would know if a M203 underslung grenade launcher is classed as a RIF or as just an attachment? I think I read somewhere that if its fitted to a pistol frame then its a RIF but other than that i'm not sure.

• Supporters

an underslung launcher is an accessory, and as such, does not require a defence. (other than a load of body armour for whoever is on the recieving end :D)

if it is a standalone launcher, like that snazzy 6 barrel revolving one, or, as you say, one on a frame, then THAT requires UKARA.

I was tempted with one of those 6 shotters but i'd get pigged off keep loading the shells!,

The reason I asked is because I ordered the D-boys 3 in 1 launcher from ehobbyasia and they said they need my ukara number before they ship it unless I want to risk it with customs and possibly have it ceased, i'm just waiting to get chance to take my form in and get it registered and was hoping to have it delivered to my friends army surplus shop because there would always be someone it to recive it and the wife wouldn't know about it.

MMM i would think its a RiF becuase:

1. It fires something

2. Its made to look like the real thing

3. If you pointed that at someone who dosent know its a airsoft attachment they could think its real

Not meaning to undermind anyone but thats is what i think

Thanks

Jack

• AF-UK Founding Member

Points you had are true, point is that you can buy without a defence. Also if you tried to hold up a bank with one I doubt it'd go too well, think of it like that :D

Archived