places to buy in the bucks area

00weswyc00
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello people, im looking to get into aorsoft and as the title suggest im trying to find a good place to go shopping.

i know there are many websites but i would like to get my hands on something before i splash out the kind of cash neccesary to get properly set up. so any advice on actual shops would be much appreciated. so far the nearest one i have found is action hobbies in milton keynes.

i should probably add that i dont currently have an airsoft licence so the shop needs to sell two tone rifles, i foumd a place near amersham called viking armoury but to my disappointment they dont sell two tone rifles, which is why i ended up getting a glock 18c to have a bit of fun with, this seems a little insufficient to start skirishing with however.

thanks in advance

• Supporters

I'm not from the area so I can't advise on shops, but have you considered renting a gun for when you go skirmishing? Every site I've heard of let players without their own equipment hire it.

That way you get a feel for the game before you spend a load of money on it, just helps you know for sure you're into it before spending anything too major. Gives you the opportunity to see what sort of guns and gear other people are using and ask them about it, see if you can have a go, or hold their guns too.

• Supporters

Yeah of course! Half of airsoft is about showing off by having the coolest shit on show. People are dying for people to come over and ask about it.

Most sites only have one type of gun available for hire, keeps maintaining them all easier as they'll all take the same parts etc. But asking people with own gear what they make of it is a good way to get a feel for what you might like/dislike.

Solid advice from Ed. It also gives you an opportunity to check out the different platforms i.e. AKs, M4s, G36s etc so when it comes to pulling your wallet out, you know which feels good when shouldered and other general aethetics.

so....... thanks for the advice, i kind of ignored it however! im just far to impulsive at times! so i went to action hobbies in milton keynes and bought a g36, an SAR 10 and scope, face mask and goggles. i know its probably not the best way to go about it but i couldnt resist once i held them in my arms. i have to say i was very impressed with the store, they talked me out of some more expensive purchases and gave a lot of friendly advice. also a fair sized discount aswell! so now i just have to find a good skirmish site and start getting shot! lol. thanks again, maybe we will be shooting each other some time in the future.

• Supporters

I have no such luxury... The nearest shop to me is Patrol Base, which is over 40 miles away :(

Sheffield needs an airsoft shop badly.

yeah that sucks MK is a good hours drive for me but it had to be done, had a lot of fun round corners in the snow which did slightly add to the time and fuel costs!

i need a licence bad! not complaining about two tone but the selection available in RIF (is that the right term?) is so much more extensive, i found myself struggling to leave without looking at just one more :) thanks again guys.

hello people, im looking to get into aorsoft and as the title suggest im trying to find a good place to go shopping.

i know there are many websites but i would like to get my hands on something before i splash out the kind of cash neccesary to get properly set up. so any advice on actual shops would be much appreciated. so far the nearest one i have found is action hobbies in milton keynes.

i should probably add that i dont currently have an airsoft licence so the shop needs to sell two tone rifles, i foumd a place near amersham called viking armoury but to my disappointment they dont sell two tone rifles, which is why i ended up getting a glock 18c to have a bit of fun with, this seems a little insufficient to start skirishing with however.

thanks in advance

I also live in Buckingham and cannot find an airsoft shop :D

• Supporters

In Bucks you have the Finmere site and XSite at Lane End (near High Wycombe) - both are friendly and very good.

Xsite also has a shop with a good selection - not too many two-tones tyhough.

if u can travel then my advice is action hobbies in milton keynes or if ur limited distance then check viking armouries in little chalfont near amersham, both shops were very helpfull however viking dont sell two tone rifles. good luck

Archived