MOSFET for my gun

Techno
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own a G&G GR25 SPR that is semi-auto only and I read somewhere that a MOSFET can upgrade guns to full-auto or even 3 round burst.

Will this still work for my gun considering it is semi-auto only and are there any you would recommend?

Cheers,

Techno

I only want to know cos recently my gun locked up whilst firing it too fast and I can see myself in the future doing it again. I read that you can unlock it by switching to full-auto but obviously I can't do that. :(

There are other ways to avoid the lock up, or may them a rare occurance at the least. If the gears are well shimmed+greased and the piston assembly well lubed too, it becomes less load/resistance for the motor. You can then install a basic Mosfet from Air Fet (9-10 quid+shipping) and use a 11.1v lipo which will give you an almost instant trigger response. It'll finish each cycle well before you can move your finger from the trigger.

Cheap and efficient solution ;)

@Dave: How does the anti reversal latch cause a jam exactly?

• Supporters

gears over spin

anti reversal latch does it's job and stops them reversing, this is good, it stops the gears smashing backwards into the piston, or if they have engaged again, from double feeding with the second round be significantly underpowered.

If the motor looses power (letting go of the trigger, or the cut off lever functioning) and the gears stop just after picking up the piston/half way through the stroke there is all of the force from the spring running back through the whole gear setup, all being put on the AR latch.

As the AR latch is designed to catch the bevel gear, it does it well, but with all the extra strain from the main spring rather than just the ARL spring (the widdly little thing) the ARL cannot disengage backwards, only forwards.

At this point you try to fire again and chances are that your motor simply isn't beefy enough to get going from a semi-cocked position, it needs the run up to get going normally.

can't go backwards, ARL is engaged (very tightly) Can't go forwards, motor isn't strong enough = Jam.

I thought a 11.1v lipo would fry the insides without upgrades? (I currently run a 8.4v NiMh 3700mah)

• Supporters

It's a tough one to call.

with an upgraded motor, MOSFET and correct shimming you shouldn't have an issue running on Semi Only, the lipo will ensure that the rifles goes off just by THINKING you should pull the trigger, mag-dumping hi-caps on auto with a poorly set up rifle on an 11.1 is asking for trouble (unless you've bulk-bought pistons)

I'm not looking to splash out money to get a great trigger response, all I'm looking for is that I don't have to give the local techie a tenner to unlock it and then having to wait a month to get it back again every time it locks up.

Unlocking is so simple mate. You don't even need to open the gearbox up. Just remove the motor and pistol grip, get a small screwdriver and pull the anti reversal latch back and kabaam. Your piston will reset. Also, if you have a basic mosfet installed and use an 11.1v lipo, it'll have more than enough power to overcome the anti reversal latch every single time.

Most jams are caused by weak batteries or a motor coming to the end of its' life. Active breaking is overrated mate, stores hype it up to sell the ridiculously expensive MOSFETS. Infact it causes excessive wear on the motor.

Archived