Some advice please

Lowdown
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm new to all this and haven't got a clue about guns. Can someone point me in the right direction of a good sniper gun?

I'm not sure which makes to avoid and which to look at or which websites to buy from?

I would ideally like to snipe all the time but appreciate it may not be possible so also a cheap but half decent auto/semi rifle as well

I'd like one I could upgrade. And could maybe switch from semi to full auto?

Thanks in advance

Billy

So I'm new to all this and haven't got a clue about guns. Can someone point me in the right direction of a good sniper gun?

I'm not sure which makes to avoid and which to look at or which websites to buy from?

I would ideally like to snipe all the time but appreciate it may not be possible so also a cheap but half decent auto/semi rifle as well

I'd like one I could upgrade. And could maybe switch from semi to full auto?

Thanks in advance

Billy

Are you new to the sport or just new to the forums?

Hi

Both. Have played a few games with mates and now want my own gear to play at my local zone

sorry if you have already herd this, but since you are just starting up in the airsoft sport, i wouldn't go for a sniper as your first gun. If you want i have a classic army g36 comes with Madbull tight bore Inner Barrel, G36c railed carry handle (comes with original red dot), Madbull Bucking, Elemental H hop rubber, Two Hi-Cap mags, 1 battery and a wall charger and a big carry case. all posted for £163 48hr shipping anywhere within uk mainland

Thanks mate got a link to the photos at all?

I will still go for a sniper as I've had gas powered air rifles for years and have a pretty good shot even with moving targets.

Any recommendations for one?

If you private message your email or just post it here, i'm very happy to send you the photos, and towards the sniper recommendations, i haven't really been into sniping so i really don't know, could try a g&g g96, I've herd they are pretty good, and they are gas.

Sniper rifles and DMRs cannot be bought out of the box mate. Their stock range is no more than any decent AEG so you'll be out gunned. It takes alot of money, knowledge and patience to get it shooting well enough to be considered fit for purpose. IMO a DMR isn't a DMR unless you're getting targets at 250feet, and 300feet for a sniper rifle. If it don't, then my aks74u will have you out ranged on full auto (220ft effective range).

Honestly start with an AEG, learn more about yourself as a player and slowly start tinkering around with the guts of the gun. Once you know have a bit of experience upgrading and fine tuning, then it'll be worth while to begin a sniper rifle project.

• Supporters

I'm not saying that you're going to ignore advise, but when I was starting out I was just the same, I wanted a gun that people were telling me was a bad move and I didn't listen to what people said.

Bought the gun, didn't have a clue what I was doing with it, ended up spending about a grand on it and never getting it to even function properly. Heed my warning.

You can upgrade any regular electric gun to shoot like a semi-auto sniper once you've got the know how, so for the time being, go for an assault rifle or a sub machine gun that you like the look of, play a few games with it, play around with upgrades like barrels and stuff, become a more active member of the forums and you'll pick all the knowledge you need up in no time.

Then once you've got a feel for the hobby and know how much money it requires, you might want to better plan a sniper project, buying parts over a set period of time so that it doesn't get too expensive etc etc.

I know you won't want to invest time when you can just buy a sniper out right, but unless you invest the time first to learn more about the whole thing, you'll just end up wasting your money and not enjoying it.

Also, a note to add, you will never, ever, no matter how much time and money you put into it, get an airsoft sniper to be as accurate as an air rifle, the two are just too different to compare. If you're expecting a sniper to be that good then you'll definitely be disappointed.

All advice above is good stuff, I would consider looking at DMR styles. My G3 is great fun to play with (once you get used to it creaking, must sort that one day). Its not an out and out sniper but it has great range and it feels like a decent rifle.

You may find a long / big AEG sufficient for some time and you get the best of both worlds. Near sniper range and stability (G3 has a bipod), but AEG firepower when wind just too frisky for 1 round to stay on target, so you can send 50. Combined with a good scope its a real entertaining mix.

If you really want 100% sniper then its not something I am skilled in, but I know from earlier research for myself google turns up some dedicated sniping suppliers who can prob help. Although I suspect as per Ed's warning you will end up spending a lot for limited return initially until you start to get the feel for it.

Snipers weapons seem pretty personal things, so maybe all the fun is in the trying stuff and finding what works :)

All advice above is good stuff, I would consider looking at DMR styles. My G3 is great fun to play with (once you get used to it creaking, must sort that one day). Its not an out and out sniper but it has great range and it feels like a decent rifle.

You may find a long / big AEG sufficient for some time and you get the best of both worlds. Near sniper range and stability (G3 has a bipod), but AEG firepower when wind just too frisky for 1 round to stay on target, so you can send 50. Combined with a good scope its a real entertaining mix.

If you really want 100% sniper then its not something I am skilled in, but I know from earlier research for myself google turns up some dedicated sniping suppliers who can prob help. Although I suspect as per Ed's warning you will end up spending a lot for limited return initially until you start to get the feel for it.

Snipers weapons seem pretty personal things, so maybe all the fun is in the trying stuff and finding what works :)

Thanks for everyone's advice. What make G3 would you recommend?

Archived