Magazine feeding Issue

miguel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and to Airsoft as well. I bought a used AEG (HK36C) from a mate of mine a while back. I used it a few times at the local field (Munster Airsoft).

Now I bought a new magazine for it to reduce the time I have to reload:

Matrix 3000rd Auto Winding & Sound Control Drum Magazine for G36 / SL9 / SL8 / XM8 Series Airsoft AEG

To the delight of my girlfriend I went ahead and tried out the new mag in our hallway, it auto-winds perfectly. However now I come to the problem:

When shooting it shoots the every 4th to 5th perfectly fine the rest of the BBs just kind of fall/roll out of the barrel sometimes multiple.

I thought the AEG is knackered so I tried my old mag, it all worked fine with it. It feels like the mage is feeding too many BBs at once into the AEG.

Do you guys have any tip for me?

Cheers

Miguel

so does it do it on full auto? if it does that's something else and if it is feeding too many on semi then either your spring isn't resetting quick enough to stop more bbs or your trigger response isn't very good so what battery are you running after i know a few things i will be able to tell you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hold the drum mag from the bottom and push it into the mag well as you are firing and see if that makes a difference. All the drum mags I have had have had problems feeding as the weight of the mag drags it out of the magwell slightly so it does not mate correctly with the hop unit. This then measn that 1 bb feeds fine, then with the gap the next few also feed, but are not fed correctly into the hop, so don't spin properly and tend to dribble out. Never did find a cure so just ended up selling the drum mags.

Also charlie, why the hell would you oil a hop up? They work on friction to spin the bb, and any oil on the inside fo the hop unit buggers this to hell and back, meaning you get no spin and hence no range.

Hi, thanks for the ideas, will try them out next week and let you know the conclusions. By the way, I've changed the hop up bucking and innerbarell, so I will let u know what's going to happen

Single fire the gun till the nozzle is all the way forward. You can check the strength of the tappet plate

spring by simply pusing the nozzle rear. Compare it to another gun.

No mag in full auto the gun and watch the nozzle for consistent back and forth.

Trickles out the barrel are usually catching on the hop rubber on its way in to the hop. On the 4th shot does the gun go quiet and sound like a jam

and the go louder on the 5th....Seeing as you said you changed the hop and barrrel I would try another hop rubber ...

It will get worse till it simply doesnt shoot any more....

Has the gearbox been rebuilt...You could have the wrong tappet plate or nozzle but seeing as the other mag works I doubt it.

Mag height is important. Measure the height of the cut out what holds the mag in. Hold the hi cap upside down against the drum mag

Try the drum in a few other guns... It could be dirty....

• 2 weeks later...

Hold the drum mag from the bottom and push it into the mag well as you are firing and see if that makes a difference. All the drum mags I have had have had problems feeding as the weight of the mag drags it out of the magwell slightly so it does not mate correctly with the hop unit. This then measn that 1 bb feeds fine, then with the gap the next few also feed, but are not fed correctly into the hop, so don't spin properly and tend to dribble out. Never did find a cure so just ended up selling the drum mags.

Also charlie, why the hell would you oil a hop up? They work on friction to spin the bb, and any oil on the inside fo the hop unit buggers this to hell and back, meaning you get no spin and hence no range.

no offence mate but i have been advised by many airsofters at my local site who have been airsofting for years and they all advise to oil your hop i dont know why i am not a tech but thats what they say and dont get stressed just talk normally.

Archived