Airsoft how to get around buying rules

Erwin Rommel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'd like to see fps restrictions go up a bit if anything, something to better match the general US rules.

I think if AEGs could be up to 400fps it'd really improve the game, everyone would have better range and it'd hurt more, so you'd have to actually think through what you're going to do instead of just running about and hoping for the best.

Since snipers have a MED I've always thought they ought to be allowed up to about 650fps, but have the MED increased the further past 400fps you go. There's bound to be a simple formula to work out how far away someone would have to be from the muzzle before it became a 1.5 joule shot or something. Then anyone that breaks the MED to danger levels could just be banned from the site, gives people an incentive not to be fools.

• Supporters

Yup you can only have a Metal Bodied rifle if you install a body Aftermarket and Register it i believe or IF it is mean't purely for EXport (Japan)

i agree Ed although i still would like the Orange tip courtesy to Firearm officer's and Police

i agree Ed although i still would like the Orange tip courtesy to Firearm officer's and Police

Have to disagree here, what would an orange tip achieve? I have an orange safety cap and I do use it on my RIF's at times, it will happily (being vented) stop anything coming out of the barrel so is a useful second safety device. However I never think of it as anything to make it less RIF.

End of the day criminals in the US I believe painted their real guns orange following the US laws, so they could carry them and get one up on the peeps in blue in a firefight (who may hesitate thinking it was a RIF). Here in the UK people have been shot for carrying chair legs or just being in the wrong place, an orange tip wont save you.

Ultimately my objection though is if the copper can see the orange tip, your gun is no longer in a gun bag or being carried properly. So in general it wont happen. If you have been stopped and searched then you would have informed the officer that this RIF was in your bag, boot, whatever and is an imitation.

I dont think a slip on orange tip would make someone who would mistake a RIF for a firearm feel any less inclined to think it was.

• Supporters

Have to disagree here, what would an orange tip achieve?

Nothing other than to make Firearm officer's and standard Blobber's aware and to exspress Higher caution than a Plain Black Gun ie Plain Black shoot that motherf*cker. Orange Cap Thing "Oi you be that Weopen Real Yay Or Nae?"

I have an orange safety cap and I do use it on my RIF's at times, it will happily (being vented) stop anything coming out of the barrel so is a useful second safety device. However I never think of it as anything to make it less RIF.

That's what i'm mainly after i don't intend on it to be a permanent thing just a "Show a bit of caution and don't just murder me thing"

End of the day criminals in the US I believe painted their real guns orange following the US laws, so they could carry them and get one up on the peeps in blue in a firefight (who may hesitate thinking it was a RIF). Here in the UK people have been shot for carrying chair legs or just being in the wrong place, an orange tip wont save you.

Don't intend on it to be my Knight in shining bulletproof armour just a hey Bit of thought before you pull that trigger beside's cop's shooting someone with a chair is Just another reason why Civie's shouldn't have Gun's even trained one's unless Ex-Force's. Basicaly Crim will do what they do no matter what so we have to make sure the Bumbling "Highly" Trained fool's* who get to weild the power of life or death have perceived every possibility that this one person has a fake gun instead of a real one.

Ultimately my objection though is if the copper can see the orange tip, your gun is no longer in a gun bag or being carried properly. So in general it wont happen. If you have been stopped and searched then you would have informed the officer that this RIF was in your bag, boot, whatever and is an imitation.

That's a different scenario to mine I use Red Zip Tie's on my Gun Case's aswell as Padlock's so i know mine will never be out unless i'm home or playing! other's probably don't take as much care as i do then.

I dont think a slip on orange tip would make someone who would mistake a RIF for a firearm feel any less inclined to think it was.

as Just explained it's not for those Nosey asshole's down the street scouting my house to see if their is anything worth having someone rob it for.

*i Actually have a couple of friend's who want to join Armed Response. It's not so much the veteran's who have been shot at by people trying to kill them. It's the New Guy's who have never had a Gun in their hand's while someone has actually shot live ammuniton at them. That i have less respect for (I have respect for the fact they passed the training but not until they have been shot at)

FOOOOOCK Me that took a while for me to write :-P No1 Reason why i hated school and will hate it if i ever have a job or go to Uni where i ave to do a lot of writing like that^^^

Hi Folks ,

What do you think of this package ?

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Umarex-MP5-Pistol-CQB-Combo-Package-Deal_A184I9.aspx

Or this ?

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Classic-Army-M15-A4-Carbine-Clear-Two-Tone-Airsoft-Gun_AXS03.aspx

Are they any good , my budget was about £150 but i might stretch it for the two gun package what do you think ?

• Supporters

Don't get the CA M15 i can tell you that nowthe Gearbox's are great but the Main Body will begin to crack if you don't hold the handgaurd.

• Supporters

Neither are by any means the best guns in the world, but they're certainly not the worst either.

All would be suitable for using at a skirmish and giving you a feel for what the guns are like.

I'd personally go for the CA M15 in clear two tone because I actually see quite a lot of people using the metal version of that exact same gun when I go skirmishing and they're pretty decent for the price.

The brand that make that pistol in the other link though, they simply don't exist on the airsoft skirmish field and as such the pistol is likely highly unreliable or prone to breaking, but it will give you a feel for how pistols work and perform etc. The MP5 is probably pretty decent for the price too, JG are a good budget manufacturer and my mate has one of their guns and holds it in very high regard.

Both are actually not bad deals, feel free to go for either one.

Some players will sell their guns 2nd hand on here and other popular airsoft forums. You can try and buy one of those, although you still need a valid defence and many will still ask for UKARA. Although some don't, some are just happy with proof of age (i.e. a scan of your driving licence etc..) and they will sell it to you. beware of scammers though, pay only with Paypal goods/services or collect in person.

• Supporters

Yup you can only have a Metal Bodied rifle if you install a body Aftermarket and Register it i believe or IF it is mean't purely for EXport (Japan)

Tm recoils have metal bodies, as do the type 89's I believe.

So do systemas- I think they're made in japan too

The point is Ed, that if they do, as you suggest, buy a two tone and paint it, then they have committed an offence. Of course, the type of person who wants to use an imitation firearm for nefarious purposes is intending to break the law anyway, so an additional offence is hardly going to bother them too much, but the legal profession don't think like that.

I guess in a way it does put a barrier up, in that they have to go to the trouble of visiting two shops. One to buy the gun and one to buy the paint. It might seem small, but every extra impediment that can be put in the way of somone who wants to mis-use an airsoft gun helps in the protection of our sport!

Before it sounds like I'm in favour of the law, I'm not. It's poorly written. It's rushed legislation. Fast law is bad law, so the saying goes. Firearms law is just as much of a pigs ear!

Archived