SWAT BFGs?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Found out about them last night. Prior to that I thought that getting a second hand Dynatec was the only option, just wondering if anyone has experience with them?

I've never been one for using pyro, never liked the idea of potentially injuring myself if I don't lob it fast, and that rushed feel I get always makes my throws shit so pyros are always just a bit of a waste of money. For me anyway. But there are those times when you just want to throw one a matter of metres around a corner or something, but don't have any...

A BFG however, seems to overcome that problem.

Here's the website so there's no one unsure of what I'm on about:

http://www.blankfiri...ExI&shop_param=

Can anyone recommend them?

Also, what's the deal with buying blanks? Are there any restrictions on them or anything?

SWAT have bought out the design from dynatec so are pretty much the same as the old ones, but with slight new improvements.

Love my (OLD) BFG. Reliable, and running costs are cheap. Just don't go dropping it into water :P Had to spend a while cleaning it :(

Can get blanks over the counter at some hunting shops etc or you can find them online. Although postage is a little steep as they get classed as "explosives" :P

Fiocchi or Umarex make the best 9mm IMO. SWAT sell some "fiocchi" although i've had problems with these. They were a little different than the old fiocchi stuff ive got. The crimp was a little bad and they tend to leak powder, so ive had a few duds before.

When buying 9mm, make sure its the type that fit grenades (sometimes says revolvers). as the standard pistol type don't have the lips on the bottom, meaning the blank will just slide around in the adaptor.

12g is FUN!!! Although keep it till new years / fireworks night or you will get noise complaints XD

• Supporters

Worth buying then?

Anyone else have any input on them?

Havn't heard anything bad of them yet, so should be worth it.

Depends how much it gets used though.

Use all 50 blanks (£15)

50 Mk5 (£2 each = £100)

So use your first batch of blanks and you're only £10 down on the cheapest pyro.

Their not so great on grass though. They don't roll and you're only allowed to underarm roll, or drop. I can get away with a controlled through (underarm and is never working against gravity, with it landing near their feet and then rolling a bit) but that is when a normal pyro has its advantages.

Do a lot of CQB / short range stuff and you should be fine with a BFG.

• Supporters

I've never played anywhere that has grass, so that's not an issue. I mainly want it for throwing around corners, or through doors, or over walls when there's someone on the other side.

Not to "throw" it so much as "aggressively pass" it haha. Basically the situations when a pyro would work, but faster to deploy and less likely to injure me if it goes wrong.

As well as being a lot cheaper.

Sounds like its perfect then :P

Another advantage of the BFG is you can do a tactical suicide with it :P

Got caught reloading once while people stormed the room, so i just pulled the pin.

• Supporters

I bet that was freakin' sweet haha.

Think I have to buy one now, just off the back of that story.

There are 2 types. VTG, a timed grenade and then BFGX M203 (shaped like an m203 grenade) and BFGX M84 (shaped like an m84 flashbang). The last two are impact grenades.

I personally prefer impact grenades as people do not have any time to run away before the BOOM! Better for CQB sites.

Most sites allow the use of all of these providing you use 9mm blanks or smaller due to noise levels. Adaptors are available to purchase separately that allow the use of smaller rim fire blanks.

First and Only sites currently have a blanket ban on all SWAT grenades because their insurance company has not seen the data sheets.

• Supporters

I have yet to attend an F&O site so that's not such a huge issue.

I get where you're coming from with the impact grenades too. They can also be used as booby traps by balancing them on the top of doors and things like that, but I think the time delay ones are more true to real life.

• Supporters

:blink:

Have to find me first. :ph34r:

TBH you must have lightning reactions to be able to run away from a 3.5 second fuse :P

Plus you can roll them into the center of rooms rather than having to whack em against the inside of the door or throwing them against the wall.

Have seen someone slide a impact to the otherside of the corridor, for only for the other team to catch it and send it back :P

• Supporters

My local gun shop are selling 50 9mm blanks for £22. That sounds like a lot more than I thought it'd be. Considering 50 actual rounds in .22 LR are only about £4.

12g blanks are 10 for £5 too, which sounds ridiculous... 50p per bang. Think I'll stick to 9mm and look elsewhere for a better price. Can you buy them online? Or are they restricted? (May have asked already but don't remember)

You can do.

Swat sell them themselves, as do airsoft world and ZeroOne.

Few shooting shops sell them online. A couple charge £16 for postage though :/

Havent heard of them before but their ebay page looks alright.

http://www.grenadiersupplies.co.uk/fiocchi-380-revolver-bp-blanks-653-p.asp

the new loading rod is a joke. as for the bfgs them self, have not tried them, but I assume they are pretty much the same.. seems you dont get that stupid thing when your rod slips and get jammed thou, so that's an improvement.

• Supporters

Looks like it's just going to be a case of adding one of these to my infinitely long list of shit to buy.

Cheers for all the feedback.

• 1 month later...

Hi... I have owned and used Dynatecs for over 10 years. There are a number of reasons for my choice.

I got my first 2 for £50 each, I have used 12g and 9mm. If i turn up to a site and there a lot of youngsters a 12g next to

their ear is a bit much. I have been on the receiving end of some very loud bangs and ear damage is irreversible.

The 9mm are a bit naff but with marshalling and sensible kill radius they are very useful.

Many years ago I was told they were made by a bloke in his garage in Norwich so buying british was another good reason to part

with £100. I have played at sites that wont allow 12g and some sites that have bans on hot burn stuff because of fire risks. Some site

dont even allow smoke because of the risk of peat fires. Each blank is different so im not going to quote decibel levels.

My main reason for picking dynatec is reliabilty and maintenance free. Many years ago I saw a picture of one that had been cut in half.

Its basically a sprung plunged firing pin on a piston that runs through a tube. The delay is achieved by the size of a calibrated drilled hole in the

piston tube. I have seen BFG's go off as soon as you release the handle.....I dont know how water tight the new ones are but someone told me they

put some engine oil on top of a blank to give off more smoke. It ended up wrecking the nade.

I have seen a variey of training nades and question the legality of them. Some use a firing cap and a sized charge thus the pyro is in 2 parts. Im not sure

how the law stands now buy I was informed you could get nicked for not having a proper pyro license for that type. Many years ago when the VCR bill was

in discussion is was noted that throwing a thunderflash at someone does have legal implications. Im not going go to go in to one over it but keeping it simple.

Tamper with a pyro, misuse of a pyro, storage of a pryo, injuring someone with a pyro.....legal issues

I have seen various gas/Co2 and even citrus grenades. I have no regrets buying dynatecs. In all honesty they are the best bit of bit I own. Years ago finding a pouch

to fit them was a mare so I had a vest modified at Troopers in Colchester (more ££££ but worth it). I dont carry nades when sniping but i have been in hundreds of situations

where I wish I had them.

Pence per bang is a good consideration but it is out weighed that you can sell/swap the dynatec at any time (if you dont loose it).... I played a night game when someone launched one about 30 yards in to dense woodland in the pitch black. It had a good flash with no hits called out. The thrower then called out "can you please look for my dynatec, i dont have a torch".

This was right at the start of a game and I nearly pissed myself with laughter. The lad wasnt happy the had just purchased it that day for £85 and he started to realise how much of a prat he was.

Some helful tips.... Tie the pin ring to the nade, or keep plenty of spare pins.keep the blank cap free of dirt, after a few blanks it gets hard to unscrew. cut up a hi visabilty vest and attach some yellow strip and some reflective strip, it will help you find it and if you play in low light using a torch the reflective strip will stand out a mile. Dont forget to take the reloading tool out with you. Knowing when to use a nade is a bit trickier than you would think. Using most types of thunderflash needs 2 hands thus you have to put your gun down. Using a dynatec you can pull the pin and hold it for a long time. Kamikazee runs with x2 nades are highly entertaining for yourself and others.

• Supporters

I actually went ahead and bought the SWAT VTG.

It saw it's first use today. Threw it 4 times, the first 3 each bagged me two kills, the 4th was a no kill.

The first throw helped me clear out an entire factory floor at The Stan, 2 kills with it right off the bat - they were covering the door I was in. As it went off a team mate ran in as a distraction and got hit, then I picked off a further 5 guys from the door way over the course of the next 4 minutes.

Why didn't I take my Contour!? D=

The other two throws were down a long corridor to clear the end, and over cover to stop an enemy advance.

It's one of the best things I've ever bought. It's probably the most useful thing I have, I can't believe I went without using pyro for so long.

The tip about keeping the pin attached to the grenade is a good one, I almost lost mine today. Tried to put it in my pouch, but it must've stayed attached to my glove and the heat of the moment kept me from realising. Found that it was missing when I came to reset the grenade. Turned out it was just on the floor where I'd throw it last, but I still had a mini heart attack.

I think it's already paid for itself in usefulness though lol, I can definitely relate to what you've said about picking and choosing when to use it being important though.

Looked at their other stuff and all seems really promising, anyone know price or where to get them??

• Supporters

It's worth noting that at the moment, First & Only don't allow any of the SWAT BFGs to be used on their sites for insurance reasons.

You mean because SWAT refused to let them become the sole distributor for the grenades??? :P Or as they call it. "insurance purposes"

Archived