20 year old RIF spring pistol.....

rexfan10
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everybody. i have a very old spring black aisoft gun. It belonged to my uncle and i found it in my grandma's old house's attic. Basically the piston catch/sear broke of as it was plastic and it now doesnt function. I would not expect anybody to be able to fix it unless they had some sort of plastic welder. But seeing as its an RIF and i dont have a ukuara registration i wouldnt be able to take it any where to get fixed, but seeing as it was a springer and the fact that it is almost, if not older than 20 years old then i dont think there will be many spare parts available lol! i looked up its name online and found nothing. Its says on the box "bb air sport gun, infrared collimator. " despite the fact it says hop-up on the box, i do not re-call seeing any when i took it apart to find the problem. It also says "CH-0381A" on the side of the box. It was working for a while, but it was a loud crack when you fired and the bb went about 10 feet, so it aubvviously had bad compression. when it would cock back i took it apar to find that the piston catch that was only plastic at broken off. Im not that interested in getting it fixed seeing as there will be no spare parts, and it probabaly wont be worth it anyway. I just was curious as to know if any of the slightly older airsofters have ever seen or heard of the particular gun? I would have had all original accesories if i didnt loose the laser when a was a kid..... grrrr. I dont expect it to be worth anything, but i thought somebody might recognise it. I was a bit unsure about posting this topic at first as i had already posted a few recently, and as i dont like to bug people, i passed it by Airsoft-Ed first. I'll add some pictures as attatchments because for some reason the links aint working for me...... Thanks, Rex.

post-5969-0-00096600-1358021571_thumb.jpg

post-5969-0-45009700-1358021701_thumb.jpg

post-5969-0-61303000-1358021860_thumb.jpg

post-5969-0-83248300-1358022076_thumb.jpg

Its not illegal to own a RIF, so by all means get it fixed.

only problem there is that its 20 years old or so... and its a springer meaning there wont be any parts for them at all unless i somehow found another gun for parts. Although, if there is such a thing as a plastic welder (which i always thought there was/should be)which works like a glue gun accept puts out high strength plastic, then i might actually have a chance of fixing it...

Plastic welding is usually done using a soldering iron to melt the existing plastics together, if that helps you any

actually, that does help me :) thanks, rex

I second that. just dont breath the smoke. also welds done that way can be quite fragile.

btw, found this url "affordableairsoft.com/BOYI_M4_RIS_A_E_G_8_4V_Increased_Power_p/a15-ch0381a.htm" in this thread:

http://www.airsoftoh...read.php?t=8387

also found it for sale here ("temporarily" out of stock):

http://www.simbat.ru...rm.php?id=69174

I second that. just dont breath the smoke. also welds done that way can be quite fragile.

btw, found this url "affordableairsoft.com/BOYI_M4_RIS_A_E_G_8_4V_Increased_Power_p/a15-ch0381a.htm" in this thread:

http://www.airsoftoh...read.php?t=8387

also found it for sale here ("temporarily" out of stock):

http://www.simbat.ru...rm.php?id=69174

haha cool, exact same gun :D thanks for the links! :D

• 2 months later...

wow, totally forgot about this thread XD thanks for your offer alwaysontheoffensive but im currently "out" of airsoft untill i recover from spending £350 on a camera lol.

@ak47frizzle: Im not wanting another springer as i dont have a defence and well... springers arent exactly great unless they are an upgraded sniper rifle or something and the only reason i wanted this gun sorted is because its 1. black and 2. 20 years old or so. But thanks for your reply anyway :P

Archived