Hop-up chamber problem...

Techno
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own a G&G GR25 SPR and I've gone and rounded the screw that keeps the adjusting wheel on! Is there any way I can take it apart?

Cheers,

Techno

(EDIT: 50th post!!!)

If you cannot get a small pair of grips on the outside of the screw and unscrew it that way then you are going to either have to drill out the screw, which will then mean retapping the thread, or see if you can get a self tapping screw into the top of the stuck screw and try to start removing it that way. You can either screw the self tapper in then unscrew it and hope it starts the thread on the stuck one, or you can glue it in place and then unscrew both together.

You could try cutting a slot across the top of the screw with a hacksaw, then use a small flat blade screwdriver to remove it, as it should not be in so tight that a flat blade cannot start to turn it.

Nice idea RR01 i'll try that, although been having a look at it and it feels as if you could "pop out" the top cog and remove the barrel and bucking without the need to unscrew the screw at all! Should I give it a try?

The cog that usually adjusts the arm is normally just under the intermediate one. It depends which type of hop you have, metal or plastic, as to whether you can ease it up enough to move the arm adjuster cog away. Try a small knife blade under the arm adjuster once you've taken off the spring circlip on the left side.

The cog that usually adjusts the arm is normally just under the intermediate one. It depends which type of hop you have, metal or plastic, as to whether you can ease it up enough to move the arm adjuster cog away. Try a small knife blade under the arm adjuster once you've taken off the spring circlip on the left side.

I can, its just I wasn't sure whether this could damage something

Archived