what sidearm to get?

rexfan10
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi, i am currently looking for a half decent sidearm for around £100 . I was looking at this: http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/semi-auto-co2-blow-back-sigma-sw40f-airsoft-gun-bundle.htm and would like your thoughts and opinions. I am open to all ideas, but please keep in mind that whatever gun it is, i would have to get it two-toned. i also live in scotland where its usually pretty cold so please keep that in mind. Thanks, Rex.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I Have a KWA G19 (Sold as the KM19)

also in scotland i can say that KWA is a great manufacturer i think ASG even rebrand a lot of their pistol's aswell.

where about's in scotland as i'm thinking of selling my G19 so i'd be open to an offer (Original Box, 2 Mag's, FiDragon Low Light IronSight's and a Knock off Serpa Holster!)

http://www.actionhob...stol_AOOK8.aspx

cheaper version of the one you were looking at, I'm personally a fan of CO2 pistols as even though they are slightly hotter (higher FPS) than many places accept, they are much more reliable/consistent and work regardless weather.

I've got the KJW X5 and absolutely love it.

Guest WhiteDeath

ASG branded KJW m9 or p226,great guns for the value,full metal marui clones,average/mediocre resistance to cooldown,high build quality.Certain mags can be bad though.Get them if you're on a tight budget and cannot afford a KWA.

KWA are more or less the same,with much better cooldown resistance,and designed to be metal.check out their guns too.

You can also try AEPs,auto electric machine pistols,like MP7s,MP9s,Uzis Mac 11s or Skorpions.

EG:http://www.airsoftworld.net/umarex-heckler-and-koch-mp7-aep.html

• Supporters

The X5 is actually made by KWC, not KJW. I thought it was KJW as well for a while but I found one without the trades listed as KWC. KWC also make the 4.5mm/.177 version, which is exactly the same bar being chambered for air gun ammunition.

Additionally, KJW gas pistols are not resistant to cool down. They are BAD in the cold. So so so bad. KWA on the other hand, have a very good gas system. My KJW Sig couldn't even get off 4 shots in 4 degrees C, it just vented everywhere immediately. The mags are also shockingly terrible, even the CO2 ones. In comparison, a mate's KWA Glock 23 fired off an entire mag and the slide still locked back.

I'd go with KWA, not even my Tokyo Marui P226 is as good as that Glock 23.

Check your sites rules before you get a Co2 pistol, especially with a 350fps (or so they say).

Personally I would get an AEP, I have a CYMA/ASG G18c, absolutely perfect gun, amazing range when you get the hop set. Airsoftworld have it, they do a 2-tone service as well, so it will be about £90, you get the gun, battery, charger, speed loader, mag.

only thing I will say it make sure you get ASG mags for it, (patrolbase have them), TM mags wont work.

Guest WhiteDeath

The X5 is actually made by KWC, not KJW. I thought it was KJW as well for a while but I found one without the trades listed as KWC. KWC also make the 4.5mm/.177 version, which is exactly the same bar being chambered for air gun ammunition.

Additionally, KJW gas pistols are not resistant to cool down. They are BAD in the cold. So so so bad. KWA on the other hand, have a very good gas system. My KJW Sig couldn't even get off 4 shots in 4 degrees C, it just vented everywhere immediately. The mags are also shockingly terrible, even the CO2 ones. In comparison, a mate's KWA Glock 23 fired off an entire mag and the slide still locked back.

I'll be honest,this winter was very warm for ireland,besides the ASG branded KJW M9 uses a new blowback chamber,giving it slightly better resistance.I've never had problems with my mags,but to each their own.

Tokyo Marui GBBs are the best,you can get a gen1 TM P226 for around 120£

AEPs are more sniper backup weapons,but good value.

• Supporters

Why would a sniper use an aep as a backup? You'd want to be using something with the best performance possible. If someones in your Med, you probably want them gone asap- would in most cases be better off with gbb like anyone else.

To the open, go for a KWA if you want metal, tm if you don't mind plastic :)

I'd reccommend a C02 or AEP, as Silent7Sniper suggested. There are additional magazines available for the CYMA G18 from airsoft-club and they're only about 8 quid or something, which is cheap compared to other magazines that are usually like 20 pounds or more. I've personally got a Palco Firepower C02 Raider which is okay for 50 pounds but generally not great (bad accuracy; it's an NBB, hard to find extra mags, etc)

If you've got a budget of around 100 (by the way my Sterling/pound symbol isn't working - long story) I think Craig's deal is very good (well, depending on what's he's charging for it) Otherwise this C02 pistol has had a lot of good reviews (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267&products_id=5773)

my bad, sorry. but i still stick with my view that CO2 is better

• Supporters

my bad, sorry. but i still stick with my view that CO2 is better

I'm with you on that one. If anyone ever makes a CO2 P226 I'm going to jump on it.

I'm sure I read on armies that kjw are making an e2 with co2 mags, ilk check

Sort of.

KJW are making CO2 mags (and pistons) for their P226, P229 and a few other pistols ( - as they aren't SIGs I didn't bother reading). Expect the parts to be out by March this year (and complete CO2 P226/9s out later).

They also announced recently that they're making a CO2 P226E2 - but it isn't an E2. It's got the wrong trigger, grips and a few other things.

One pistol I'd avoid is the KJW's Glock 19. I'm not quite sure what KJW did, but it is honestly the least reliable pistol I've ever seen. The mags are leakier than a caulendar, and even during the past Summer I never saw my teammate's Glock fire off more than 5 shots before it stopped.

ASG branded KJW m9 or p226,great guns for the value,full metal marui clones,average/mediocre resistance to cooldown,high build quality.Certain mags can be bad though.

KWA are more or less the same,check out their guns too.

Say what?

KJW are TM clones but metal. TM guns are designed plastic so taking thier design will always have problems when just simply adding more metal.

KWA are designed metal, and work as they should.

KJW are ok pistols for summer, but if you're playing in the cold, get KWA.

The KJW Blackwater (1911 CO2) is pretty nice though as you dont get the same cooldown as greengas, and its 320fps.

Guest WhiteDeath

Say what?

KJW are TM clones but metal. TM guns are designed plastic so taking thier design will always have problems when just simply adding more metal.

KWA are designed metal, and work as they should.

KJW are ok pistols for summer, but if you're playing in the cold, get KWA.

The KJW Blackwater (1911 CO2) is pretty nice though as you dont get the same cooldown as greengas, and its 320fps.

KJW are a poor mans KWA,will edit my post to only buy them if your on a really tight budget.

I Have a KWA G19 (Sold as the KM19)

also in scotland i can say that KWA is a great manufacturer i think ASG even rebrand a lot of their pistol's aswell.

where about's in scotland as i'm thinking of selling my G19 so i'd be open to an offer (Original Box, 2 Mag's, FiDragon Low Light IronSight's and a Knock off Serpa Holster!)

Hi craig, whilst that does look like a tempting offer depending on your price, i am afraid i am not yet 18 so have to be gifted my airsoft guns, so would not be able to purchase the gun from you, thanks anyway though, Rex.

hi everybody, thanks for all your helpful comments. I havent chosen what gun to be gifted yet, but would like to know which is the better gun/deal between the G&G c02 XTreme for £80 http://www.zerooneai...roducts_id=5773 or the sigma sw40f for £90 and includes 20 co2 capsules and 5000 rounds http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/semi-auto-co2-blow-back-sigma-sw40f-airsoft-gun-bundle.htm thanks, Rex

Guest WhiteDeath

Check out some reviews for both guns.I'll try find you some NOT made by stupid American 12 year olds,which is a problem when going for a budget gun.

But I'd say go for the G&G,the S&W looks a bit dodgy,in my opinion.Can anyone else help out?

Found another gun that might suit you,it's only £10 over your budget.What's great is it is also compatible with green gas mags.

http://www.actionhob...ack_A13BA9.aspx

Check out some reviews for both guns.I'll try find you some NOT made by stupid American 12 year olds,which is a problem when going for a budget gun.

But I'd say go for the G&G,the S&W looks a bit dodgy,in my opinion.Can anyone else help out?

Found another gun that might suit you,it's only £10 over your budget.What's great is it is also compatible with green gas mags.

http://www.actionhob...ack_A13BA9.aspx

i think £110 is getting a bit pricey for me considering i will have to get gas and ammo along with that, although i will still consider it. Only thing is, do actionhobbies two-tone their guns?

The G&G Has an FPS which is over 400 FPS in most case's and as far as i'm aware HTA won't allow the use of them

Whilst i am yet to go to an actual airsoft skirmish site yet, one of my family members is planning to go to a college in dornoch which is near a skirmish site called highland tactical airsoft. Hopefully i will be able to startgoing there after the summer holidays. Its says on their website that the limit is 360 with 0.2's for full auto guns and 500 for semi's but cant find anything on pistols :/

• Supporters

Highland Tactical is My Local (I have further to travel than you <_< ) i just shorten it to HTA though.

I know some of the guy's use Co2 but it's alway's in a way that's put into a standard mag.

Actionhobbie's do not Two Tone though.

the only pistol you'll be able to use is a Dan wesson Revolver two toned but you can get Power down shell's or just do the sensible thing and do a Hammer spring Mod to it!

*WildwoodZ is close to Inverness but isn't anywhere as good for airsofting

Highland Tactical is My Local (I have further to travel than you <_< ) i just shorten it to HTA though.

I know some of the guy's use Co2 but it's alway's in a way that's put into a standard mag.

Actionhobbie's do not Two Tone though.

the only pistol you'll be able to use is a Dan wesson Revolver two toned but you can get Power down shell's or just do the sensible thing and do a Hammer spring Mod to it!

*WildwoodZ is close to Inverness but isn't anywhere as good for airsofting

hi, sorry, but what do you mean by the only pistol i will be able to use is the dan wesson revolver? is that the one that the site lends out or is it just your personal reccomendation?

Archived