Battery for ICS CXP Concept Laser

mfoord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Anyone know what battery I need for the standard "laser" that comes with the ICS CXP Concept?

I can't find the info in the manual or online, and although the laser attaches to the battery box it doesn't connect to the battery - so I assume it needs it's own battery.

Are there any dead batteries in it? You're going to have to open it to put new ones in anyway, so have a look and see what the old ones are. They usually take little watch type ones but the number and size depend on the laser!

It has a screw cap on the bottom - which is where I'm *assuming* the battery goes (will post picture shortly). And no, there isn't a dead battery in there already - that would be waaaay too easy.

Found a review of an ICS laser module, so I assume it's the same:

The MC-74B laser module is the business half of the ICS MC74, the other part being the rail adapator, called the MC-74A. For those technically minded, this unit is less than 5mW, with an output wavelength between 630 to 670 nm.

The laser unit is powered by 3 small watch batteries, type LR41. They are stacked in the rear of the laser, and can be accessed by unscrewing the main body and undoing the small cap screwed on the end of the laser.

Found a review of an ICS laser module, so I assume it's the same:

That sounds right - thanks very much!

Just to confirm - for the sake of anyone else wanting to know the same thing and coming here via google - the LR 41 is correct. Duracell 392/384 are the same battery.

Damn duplicate post. Ah well - I can't delete it but I can edit it. Another name for the batteries (for the laser unit that goes in the PEQ box) is the SR41.

Archived