Clothes

xiJamesss
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There isnt a rule at any sie to wear camo and that is there? Because i see it as extra money, either way running around a site im gonna be seen, yes camo hides me more, but i could just chuck on a hoodie and some trackies to skirmish right ? And in cqb just wear normal black clothes ( do have a tac belt btw )

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultimately it depends on whether you want to look like the kind of player who turns up to a skirmish in trainers, but you won't be running like a madman. If you have to maintain a position, and you're in un-camoed clothes, the enemy team's snipers will target you as you are the easiest to see.

But for Urban/CQB I wouldn't reccomend the spec-opsy black combat gear, most of the CQB games are quite dimly lit, but there are usually brightly lit positions and guys going round with SureFire torches on their guns. As black is a solid colour the human shape is easier to make out whereas having a digital/striped pattern on your combats you will be more difficult to see.

It gets complicated but have a look in other threads, some people explain it in much better detail :)

hoodie and trousers/jeans/short/mankini are all fine. Just make sure you have:

Bloody god eye protection

Bloody good boots that fit you well, with good ankle protection

Apart from that wear a pink tutu if you want, its your game play like you want.

BTW a cheap set of DPM or Flecktarn camo will set you back about £15 from an Army surplus shop, or two bottles of ammo, if you think it like that :)

Some sites may not let you on without the appropriate footwear, so as a minimum invest in a decent pair of boots. If your on a budget then Sports Direct do some boots for £30 in black.

Well most players choose airsoft over paintball because of the realism.. although for your first skimrished a hoody and tracksuit would be fine you might find that if you want to go to better, more established site they may on like it so much and if you turn into a regular at the site and still wear non-military type clothes they may also not like that... same reason many sites require people to camo tape their two tone guns as it takes away the realism..

Also, however bad it is there is quite a high chance you'd get prejudiced against and other players would assume that you're inexperienced, hiring or not really going to play properly..

TBH its very easy to pick up a full set of combats at a surplus store or ebay for £10-20

Well if i find i really cheap one imwill get it straight up, but its just the near-to-nothing budget thats holding me down :/

Don't worry about getting the newest kit out there! My advice is have a rummage on eBay.. I got my DCU (Us Tri-Colour) off eBay for £14 for a full set...

Ive had a look, best offmlooking to,orros too tired right now :L

I'm sorry... come again...

• Supporters

As with what the others above have said, while most sites don't have a rule that says "Thou must wear multicam at all times, on pain of death!" it's probably worth investing in some camo gear. You'd be amazed how much easier it is to spot someone wearing even dark clothes than someone in full DPM.

Also, surplus kit is actually cheaper than proper clothes (unless you're heavily into George brand clothing) and will last a heck of a lot longer. Believe it or not, addidas did not design their track suits to be dragged through a forest and chucked into a load of mud every weekend, they'll get ruined quickly!

Reference boots, I'd recommend a pair of surplus german para boots, they're almost always broken in already, cheaper than dirt and they're pretty much bomb proof.

For all of the above, try ebay and/or your local surplus shop. Failing that: www.armysurplus365.co.uk do a wide range of stuff at decent enough prices.

• Supporters

to build on what Nick said in his first post i hate people who wear trackie's and a hoody or jean's and a hoody because their cheating shite's.

that is how most people will view you.

i try not to but after my last game where the guy just wouldn't take his hit's and he was wearing Jean's and a Hoody and i was shooting him from the opposite side of the Barn sending my shot's under a Trailer and nailing him in the right ankle, leg and even his arm if i got closer to the Trailer could've just shot him in the face but i'd have had to peek and give my position away to the enemy team too early for my trap to workout and it's alway's those dummy's in that confiuration of attire that will gain a lot of Prejudice toward's you if your at any site for more than 2 game day's it's unfortunate but you'd have to thank cheating scum for that also because of the realism factor (It dosen't bother me much though if you atleast have your own rig and weopon your using because i know i can trust you to take hit's more often)

JC Don't forget the added benefit of 5% Off your order from 365 if youyr a Forum supporter!

• Supporters

Tbh I was always of the opinion that at airsoft ranges camo isn't going to make all that much difference.

Sure it helps, but ultimately you'll give yourself away by moving, as the eye notices it far more readily.

Very few people, camo or not, are that great at using it properly.

The only reason I got camo was to go for a more authentic look, because as Nikona said, airsoft is about the realism. If you're not fussed, then play paintball instead.

There's also the point Cheese brought up about the hardwearingness of camo gear made to military spec. A pair of jeans will be ruined by mud from one woodland game if you get properly stuck in, so camo is actualy cost effective, as well as beneficial to you visible image when things get tense and you're trying to stay low, as well as your perceived image. As people have said, you will almost certainly be marginalised for wearing casual street clothing to a skirmish, especially trainers.

However, every site I've ever been to have had woodland camo jumpsuits available to hire, so you could just stick one of them on, might cost you an extra £5 a day to hire one though, so again, having your own is just more cost effective.

Well everything here has persuaded me enough to get some camo gear :L a problem i do see is although it sounds stupid, woodlands do look different at every site, so its just gonna be different, + i dont blend in very well to anything, even though im small and that i just dont think i could hide from snipers if im running around :L and jcheese do you reckon you could put on a link to the actual boots your going on about? Bomb proof sound good :D

Here you go: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMO-WORK-TROUSERS-DPM-SOLDIER-95-BRITISH-ARMY-TRS-GRADE-1-CADETS-FISHING-/300759725449?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&var=&hash=item4606ad3589

I've not bought from them, but they have good feedback That's jacket and shirt for less than £20 inc postage!

I'm lazy, hardly reed any posts, but here's my take. You can play in casual clothes. I first skirmished in dpm trouses and black hoodie. HOWEVER I would not feel comfy in full tracks. dirty, mud, rain, wetness, bbs, gas grenades, traction etc. etc. they be shredded in no time.. and I dont really feel like geared for combat in comfy clothes.

As for realism. jeans, dark jumper, black accessories and you get contractor/mercenary/solider of fortune look^^

a problem i do see is although it sounds stupid, woodlands do look different at every site, so its just gonna be different,

Yea thats a generic issue, while I do have an encyclopedic knowledge of camo patterns if you're on a budget just stick to DPM.. if you want something slightly you could go US woodland it'll be a little more but not that much!

Have you go a vest etc for holding magazines?

Here you go james, everything you could possibly need at the moment in dpm, including boots and socks for £40

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr43.html

The gears all grade one surplus and should hold up against anything you throw at it :)

Yeh i have a normal vest its quite a dark woodland which i didnt want, but could find a swap or just sell it, or take the pouches off and attach them to a normal belt, because my nan has a sewing machine :L :L :L

do you know what type of vest it is and is it in DPM camo?

I started out with DDPM which I got from my local surplus store. It cost me less then £100 and that was for boots, vest, shirt, trousers and knee pads! My son's multicam plate carrier was that on it's own. Next time I went into the surplus store they had some US Tri colour which was nice as well as cheap! Got that now as well.

• Supporters

Here you go james, everything you could possibly need at the moment in dpm, including boots and socks for £40

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr43.html

The gears all grade one surplus and should hold up against anything you throw at it :)

That is an absolute bargain, so much so I'm going to bookmark it so I can refer people to it in future!

Archived