A&K what do you think of their guns?

Jolley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well I have a A&K Masada and so far I've been very impressed.. I also hear that their M249s are also very good for the money!

Not heard much bad about their sr25's

I was going to get one at some point.. apparently their good! I would consider them around kind of ICS level... better than a lot of China stuff but not as good as some of the more established manufacturers.. a good middle option

• Supporters

A sudden surprise post from Liam appears, after a while of just lurking...

Had an A&K M4 CQB as my first gun. It served me well for about 10 months, when it started going wrong. The FPS had dropped, new spring didn't sort it, the gearbox started jamming a lot and it became incredibly inaccurate.

Bought a whole new set of internals for it, G&P gearbox, MadBull barrel and hop rubber. Installed the rubber and barrel, fixed the accuracy issue. The gearbox wasn't compatible though, didn't fit in the receiver.

Apart from the usual wear and tear you expect from an overly used and mistreated airsoft gun that costs under £200, it was good. I ended up selling it on here for about half the original price. Not sure where it is now, but the guy planned to upgrade it a little and run it on Li-Po batteries.

Few things I will mention about the quality of the M4 though;

The externals were okay - not the best, but definitely not the worst. Real trades, although printed slightly wonky.

The front end was twisted. Slightly miss cut outer barrel meant that the hop could not sit level, meaning shots would veer slightly to the left.

Would I recommend?

As a first gun, yeah sure. Why not?

As a second gun, if you've got a good primary gun and want a backup in case your main gun goes wrong, yeah, get an A&K.

As a second/third gun to replace a previously bought one, no. Save up a little more and get a G&G, or better still, a G&P. They're not much more expensive.

These recommendations are based on one experience with one of their M4s. No idea about any of their other guns, but I've heard the spring SVD is a relatively good OOTB sniper rifle.

The SVD is quite reliable, had it for a few months now, and the externals aren't bad for a £150 gun. Not sure about the internals but I was getting decent groupings at 30m.

my mate has just bought an ebb m4 at christmas and already packed in anyone had similar problems?

• Supporters

I'm quite surprised at the outcome of this discussion, I always thought of A&K as terrible, heard nothing but complaints about their Masada and SVD. I know AI like the M60 though.

I'd definitely not put them on par with ICS, I'd say they were more comparable to JG or CYMA, except I'd rather buy either of those instead.

I'd consider their SR25 just because it'd be an upgrade project anyway.

yeah I have to agree with Ed there, I always heard they were not very good, apart from the LMG's...? Oh well, At least now I know..but I'm still never getting an A&K.. :lol:

Guest WhiteDeath

A&K come out of the same factory as JG guns,JG tends to be a bit higher quality than A&K.

I've heard nothing but bad from A&K guns,not even reccomended as upgrade platforms since the external build quality is not very good.

A guy I know has an A&K M249,nothing but constant problems,fuses always blowing,gearbox jamming on full auto and the stock breaking.

Would not reccomend,I'd like to get some personal experience,but bareley anybody I know have a&k guns.

Go for JG if you want a good upgrade platform,or SRC for starter guns.

Well after using an A&K Masada for about 9months now I've had no issues, I know a few people who have A&K M249s and they all work well.

Ed, I've heard more complaints about the PTS Masadas than I have about the A&K ones

My only experience is with the A&K M60vn, there are a couple of design flaws with the box magazine and feeding system, and the bipod is crap, but with the internals a bit of tinkering and they work quite well, much better than a mates Ares M249 a mate of mine has.

• Supporters

Well after using an A&K Masada for about 9months now I've had no issues, I know a few people who have A&K M249s and they all work well.

Ed, I've heard more complaints about the PTS Masadas than I have about the A&K ones

Oh I'm not saying that the Ares/PTS Masada is better, I've heard just as much if not more negative feedback about those.

Oh I'm not saying that the Ares/PTS Masada is better, I've heard just as much if not more negative feedback about those.

Ares make a masada??

Ares make the PTS stuff.

PTS is a license granted to Ares. I only found out very recently.

So it's not wonder my PTS Emags are sh*t lol.

Ahhh that'll explain a lot then!!

• Supporters

Ares make a masada??

Ares make the PTS stuff.

PTS is a license granted to Ares. I only found out very recently.

So it's no wonder my PTS Emags are shit lol.

• Supporters

Well that's the definition of mind fuck...

WTF happened there!?!?!

I'm sure Dev can excuse these double postings :D

• Supporters

I think it's my fault.

I wrote my comment and posted it, but then decided to add a quote from your post, so I deleted and posted again with your quote added. You must've just posted your comment right in that 15 second gap before I deleted my comment in order to repost...

It does look like you're psychic though... It's actually quite weird. Especially considering the time stamps.

• Supporters

Magpul have previously denied it was ares who OEM there stuff, probably worth mentioning. Take with that what you will I'm not saying its true but yaknow.

A&k masadas are definitely prone to hop issues though, mind so is the pts one

My mate used to have the m249 by a&k always had feeding problems and he dropped it once and the majority of the externals broke

Well an M249 is a pretty heavy weight, so it probably broke because of itself? idk but i saw a guy drop his A&K M249 down a floor in the atrium section of the Mall, he went down the stairs and grabbed it and it was perfectly working.

I think he had a sh*tty viper sling or something cause I saw him in the shop with a thicker sling afterwards.

Archived