newbie having constant problems HELP!

jonjo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi so Ive been playing airsoft and for Christmas I decided sod I am buying myself some gear. Originally I Limited myself to a small budget which has increased due to recent events. First off I bought a Blackwater 1911 wich I loved right up until the point the mags i bought start to leak the gun kept feeding multiple balls into chamber and snapped something. Returned to shop which has done it upmost to keep me happy. Anyway no quick fix for gun no additional mags available in store so took it a store credit and added to it and bought a King Arms OA-15 M8 which feels so solid and durable, three hours out of shop no single shot instead I spray full automatic fire around the room, end of my game!!! Brought it to store whihc they fixed same day!!! Which Cooled my temper! Got gun home fired three shots and low and behold it goes full auto on me again. So I now have the impending question what to do next. Shop have offered me full refund, store credit, another repair or any other gun off same or similar value. I honestly don't now what to do and am thinking this maybe a bad hobby to get involved in! Im not stupid enough to think all these guns should work perfectly having many been made in the far east or abroad and are not subject to the same quality control as UK and Europe! Even so im not happy with my luck so far. So I basically want some help what should I do!! Is it worth repairing or should or can I upgrade it so help over come the faults im having or are there any makes model in particular that excell above the all I have around three hundred pounds to play with so please any details advice would be greatly appreciated

OK...CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN. What I suggest you do is ask for a full refund. Try to get a http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=5774 which are great starter guns, and will allow you to get some extra bits with your money as well. Then have a look at it, read the manual and try it IN YOUR BACK GARDEN, NOT THE HOUSE!! Make sure you are happy with putting mags in, and out, using the fire selector and generally hwo the gun works (remember to fire off a few times once the mag is remove to make sure there are no BB's left in the hop, or when you try it inside you will fire a BB into the tv or the like)

This gun is a great starter package, allows you to skirmish with confidence and can be used as a platform for upgrades IN THE FUTURE. At the moment, get a basic gun, learn to use it and then go to a skirmish site and see what happens.

Guest WhiteDeath

Shamelessley copy pasted from your other thread.

The King Arms OA-M15 is a rather high end gun at around £270,made in Hong Kong,which is technically part of China but their products are MUCH higher standards and quality.

I recommend going for a new gun for the same price, something like a Tokyo Marui,Classic Army or G&G as mentioned above.

Here's a list of guns that meet your budget,just for reference.If you would name the shop you have bought it form that's be great

http://www.airsoftwo...4&price=200-300

A bit cheaper.

http://www.airsoftwo...0&price=100-200

All of the guns are G&G a well respected Taiwanese manufacturer,they make great guns.

Yes i have posted this problem in numerous places as I was eager for an answer to see if the gun i have could be fixed or upgraded to resolve my issues!!! I am not mentioning the store yet but they have done everything I would expect and more once this issue is resolved I will be posting a rave review of both store and staff which I hope people will read and look at their website!!!

it was more of a point that you would probably not be back here having a lot of answers given to you on other forums...however glad you have ;)

Ok i am basically new to airsoft so I didnt now how busy forums get so took approach more has to be better!!! If you have any advice of what i should do please by all means give any ideas or advice!!! i do like the externals of the KA gun but can i upgrade internally etc what should i get will it make much off a difference I have a decent budget to upgrade so by all means go for it!!!!

Guest WhiteDeath

Well,I'd say replace your broken gun with some of the examples given and then play with it for a while to get used to it,then upgrade it.

I assume you have your UKARA?

Best upgrades are mainly hop up units and tightbore barrels.

Thing is with accurate guns with a low FPS,you can see the BB coming at you a mile away,though G&G guns generally don't have this problem,firing at about 350 FPS.

yes i have ukara only problem is it is the last one in store so may have to be another brand only problem with this store is not many types A VFC, Blackwater, ICS, all AR-15 then goes to masadas which are 400 plus or magpul beta project AK other than that is loads of AK 47 or gas blowback SMGs as seening as though we live on a cold little island i want to stay away from having tried one in store and got have a mag out of it!!!!

• Supporters

We can't even help if we can't find out the Spec's of the other gun's... and Brand tell's us Zip BTW other than Basic stuff Ie how good the QC is at catching lemon's

• 2 weeks later...

You probably just got extremely unlucky and happened to buy two so-called "lemons" basically just guns that are bad...I don't know, something went wrong in the manafacturing process or they got damaged during shipping or something? Regardless, I'd accept the shop's offer of a full refend. I'd also reccommend you purchase a gun such as the others reccommended. I too had problems when I started out, well I'm still quite new to airsofting actually. My Classic Army MP5K had lots of problems with battery life (It'd only last for about an hour or so) and frequently it would just sort of seize up and stop.

Can't remember the exact details but it was the sh*tty battery that was included with the gun (and that's why the more expensive ones don't come with one) It also still has a feeding issue; the high-capacity magazine that came with it doesn't shoot all the BBs and I've also got another made by CYMA but because it's a different company it is slightly different and it has to be pushed in really hard to work, which is annoying and obviously it's hard to keep pressure on the magazine - a very awkward and uncomfortable shooting position.

• Supporters

OK, so far I'm with the people who say take the full refund. I'll assume you've heard the phrase "talk is cheap" and just because somebody is friendly, courteous, and claims to be willing to do everything they can to help you, doesn't mean that they are actually able to do what you want to pay for. Two lemons one after another is suspicious, in my book, but not beyond the realms of reasonable likelihood. What clinches it is the taking back a faulty gun, "fixing" it, returning it to you, only for the same problem to happen again straight away. We will probably never know whether they are incompetent, mendacious, or some degree of both, but we can say with confidence that they are dicks.

Regarding the choice of gun to move forward with, I have some questions:-

1) How many days have you skirmished?

2) Have you rented/borrowed a few different types of AEG? If so, which types and what features of each did you like or dislike?

3) Do you have a preference for CQB, woodland, or will you want to attend both types of site?

4) Are you quite handy at fixing things yourself (ie have tools and can disassemble consumer goods, understand how the design is intended to work, spot the flaws/compromises between functionality and expense, repair/refashion/replace anything damaged, and reassemble it, without any parts unintentionally left over, so that it works)?

5) Is your choice of gun going to be based more on what you think you will look like carrying it, what some other person/s you've seen look like with it, what the gun represents to you/others culturally, politically, emotionally, or perhaps some combination of any or all of them, or will you make a choice based purely on your own evidence for how well the ergonomic factors of various gun designs fit you?

6a) Do you like having things which look pretty much the same as everybody else's, or do you generally prefer your possessions to be different to the majority of those around you?

6b) If you, like many of us, are happy for your stuff to conform to basic norms, but still want to express a bit of your personality by your choices, do you most often go for visible trademarks, peripheral add-ons/bling, or custom/limited edition, or simply additional functionality; perhaps some degree of any/all, if so pls describe (you may find it easier to just tell us about your phone)?

• 4 weeks later...

There are only a handful of manufacturers I trust when it comes to guns and similar equipment.

These are:

Tokyo Marui

ICS

KWA/KSC

Some King Arms models

ONLY SOME G&G

Thats it. I dont buy from anyone else. Some people like king arms, classic army, g&g and g&p but ive heard more bad stories about them then good so I tend to stay away from them.

Make sure you get a gun which has a full metal insides, meaning gears, all the spacers, most manufacturers use high density plastic to make the piston and a good quality one should last you a while.

If you feel up for it, and I warn you, make sure you do, get a gas gun. When maintained properly they are the most reliable kind of gun there is. You just gotta know how to maintain them and which parts to swap out for better.

I own a TM L96, fully PDI upgraded, worth around 600 quid though at least. Perfect reliability. KWA MP7, perfect reliability, no upgrades, completely stock. Only thing i replaced is a valve which lets me adjust the fps.

If its reliability you look for go for TM. Its expensive but you get what you pay for

Archived