What Should I Upgrade for Range and Accuracy?

Torkie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a G&P Sentry Long Version for a few years now, and all I've done is upgrade the motor.

So I've decided to spend the next couple of months upgrading my Rifle, much appreciated if you guys could give me advice on what to upgrade to completely dominate my foes at range and accuracy on the field.

Edit:

This is what I'm going to upgrade so far:

- Laylax Prometheus 6.03mm EG Barrel(469 mm)

- Madbull Ultimate 3-in-1 Hop-Up Chamber Unit M4/M16

- MADBULL blue 60 degree SHARK hop-up bucking rubber.

Any comments on what I'm getting, is there any better brands on what I'm getting and anything else I can buy/upgrade to increase my accuracy and range?

Thanks

Go 6.03mm

6.01mm will be a little tight and would require a lot of cleaning after each gameday. Also higher risk of jamming on auto.

This is what I'm going to upgrade so far:

- Laylax Prometheus 6.03mm EG Barrel (469 mm)

- Madbull Ultimate 3-in-1 Hop-Up Chamber Unit M4/M16

- MADBULL blue 60 degree SHARK hop-up bucking rubber.

Any comments on what I'm getting, is there any better brands on what I'm getting and anything else I can buy/upgrade to increase my accuracy and range?

Thanks

if you guys could give me advice on what to upgrade to completely dominate my foes at range and accuracy on the field.

Thanks

Fieldcraft...ie the ability to look, think and move around the field will allow you to dominate your skirmish better than any upgrade. :)

But apart from that

6.03 madbull v2

gearbox upgrade to 340fps (dependent upon what your fps is atm) and use .25 quality ammo (less BB deviation at range)

set your existing hop unit right.

A well set up normal gun will outrange a badly set up "upgraded" gun

Guest WhiteDeath

Use .3 gram BBs,they give good groupings at range at don't drop as much as .25 and .2 BBs.

Also,check out Tanio Koba Twist barrels,they're a bit expensive but well worth it.

The upgrades you have so far seem good.6.01 barrles tend to jam BBs a lot.6.03 is the best option.

We need somebody to make a 6.02...

Use .3 gram BBs,they give good groupings at range at don't drop as much as .25 and .2 BBs.

Also,check out Tanio Koba Twist barrels,they're a bit expensive but well worth it.

The upgrades you have so far seem good.6.01 barrles tend to jam BBs a lot.6.03 is the best option.

We need somebody to make a 6.02...

I've heard about those twist barrels, if the rumours are true the range is better than a tightbore however you need a low power gun around 330 fps or it won't work? Is this also true?

My M4 is around 350 - 360

Guest WhiteDeath

Ah,forgot to say.TK twist barrels are mainly made for low powered Japanese guns,they work badly with high power guns.My bad,I have issues transferring from the Irish limit of under 1 Joule,to the UKs higher limits.

What happens with TK Twist with high power guns is that the air flow throws off the BB instead of keeping it afloat,or something along those lines.

• Supporters

assuming he's firing at normal AEG fps limits, .3's will probably be too heavy without using an Rhop.

Assuming you're using good quality ammo, you probably wont get a jam in a 6.01, and assuming you clean your barrel (which you should regardless) that issue will go away.

I know Ed's had his for ages without cleaning and had no jams as far as I'm aware.

TK twists are good but are made for guns firing roughly 328 (i think it was that anyway) but wont be as effective if you're firing above or below.

and these days they're getting hard to find in useful sizes too.

I'd just go with the madbull rubber, chamber and madbull/prometheus barrel- easy to source and will do the job

Ah,forgot to say.TK twist barrels are mainly made for low powered Japanese guns,they work badly with high power guns.My bad,I have issues transferring from the Irish limit of under 1 Joule,to the UKs higher limits.

What happens with TK Twist with high power guns is that the air flow throws off the BB instead of keeping it afloat,or something along those lines.

Ah, okay, I don't feel like getting into the gearbox any time soon or hell will break loose! So my best bet is Prometheus 6.03?

Guest WhiteDeath

Well, a 6.01 is good if you use high quality ammo.Madbull ammo,or Blaster Devil BBs.

.3 work well with my Stock Gspec,but that's tokyo marui witchcraft hop up,I don't know about G&P.

assuming he's firing at normal AEG fps limits, .3's will probably be too heavy without using an Rhop.

Assuming you're using good quality ammo, you probably wont get a jam in a 6.01, and assuming you clean your barrel (which you should regardless) that issue will go away.

I know Ed's had his for ages without cleaning and had no jams as far as I'm aware.

TK twists are good but are made for guns firing roughly 328 (i think it was that anyway) but wont be as effective if you're firing above or below.

and these days they're getting hard to find in useful sizes too.

I'd just go with the madbull rubber, chamber and madbull/prometheus barrel- easy to source and will do the job

One last question then I'm all set to order!

I know that in actual firearms, the length of the barrel affects the range, does this apply for Airsoft or not? I at the moment have a (roughly) 400mm barrel, so if I upgrade to a longer tightbore let's say 500mm will that increase the range more than if I got a tightbore 400mm?

• Supporters

Not noticeably to worth worth losing the maneuverability of the gun due to it being so long.

Even on a sniper rifle where it wont matter so much about length, going for a massively long barrel wont give much if any at all of an advantage.

Accuracy will have more to do with the quality of the internal finish of the barrel than the length, Range will have a lot more to do with how good the hop is than the length of the barrel.

Not noticeably to worth worth losing the maneuverability of the gun due to it being so long.

Even on a sniper rifle where it wont matter so much about length, going for a massively long barrel wont give much if any at all of an advantage.

Accuracy will have more to do with the quality of the internal finish of the barrel than the length, Range will have a lot more to do with how good the hop is than the length of the barrel.

So this is possibly my final setup:

- systema M100 spring

- Madbull ultimate hopup

- Madbull 60 Degree shark hop-up bucking

- Lastly should I get the Madbull aluminium 6.01 tightbore or the Prometheus 6.03?

I normally clean my barrel at lunch after a good 3 hour game (Unless I'm late for lunch, then I don't have enough time) then again once I get home after another 3 hours.

Archived