New year resolutions?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just wondering what kind of stuff people are planning to achieve this year.

I think I'm just going to aim to generally improve myself, physically, mentally, airsofterly.

First and foremost, I'm going to round off my British loadout, get a sniper and upgrade the pants off it. I'd also like to get a proper full on camcorder and some better editing software, but I'm not sure how financially viable those things will be.

Aside from airsoft, I'm going to attempt to get mobile, either via taking my CBT and getting a motorbike, or retaking my theory, and finally booking my driving test... It's only been 4 years since I was old enough to drive lol.

Also going to make an effort to be more like a proper student, learn to enjoy myself a bit more, get out and about with my mates a bit more, see if there actually is an enjoyable part of clubbing that I missed the first 4 times around.

Might bite the bullet and actually start some martial arts training as well, always liked the idea of learning some self defence stuffs, ideally Krav Maga because it's badass. But I always get the impression that they'll be hard people to get on with if you've never done it before.

Which reminds me, I'm determined to get to a mil-sim event this year, or at very least the NAE. Anyone going to the British Airsoft Show in Feb? 'Cos I'll hopefully be down there, be good to put some faces to names.

Estimation of how many things on this list I'll manage...? Probably about 3. Bet meh! Not going to achieve anything if you don't even know what to try and achieve, eh?

So what about you guys?

• Supporters

Hmm

Get My Driver's License.

Teach a Few friend's at how to be Boss at Picking chick's up in Nightclub's because their useless at it and get too attached to one person at a time.

Finally F'ing launch GroundBreaker.

Maybe Come Play at some of you guy's site's :-)

Might bite the bullet and actually start some martial arts training as well, always liked the idea of learning some self defence stuffs, ideally Krav Maga because it's badass.

Most bad ass arts are Krav Maga... and Silat.

Was thinking about Silat lessons since i am Malay :P Shame i don't like there any more since it would be compulsory in most schools :(

Krav Maga is about ending the fight as fast as possible, Silat is about killing your opponent fast :P

Seen a demonstration where the moves involved deflecting then breaking the attackers arm, kicking him in the balls while following through by elbowing him in the face then pulling him to the floor. Finished with multiple punches to the face.

Not really an art you want to mess with :P

Wanted to pass my bike test but new laws come in on the 23rd Jan which kinda make it pointless to do so. Doubt I'll pass it before because of booking times and i think i have to do my theory again :(

Well, i didn't mean single movement :P You know what i meant though XD

Edited anyway XD

• Supporters

You bunch of fussy bastards lol, I thought I was bad for stuff like that.

What are the new bike laws all about? More silly engine power limit restrictions and such? I want to be able to pass and immediately get a 125, just to get to Uni and work and stuff easier. Then once I can, upgrade to something a bit quicker to get to skirmishes - I can get all my stuff in a huge rucksack (Y)

• Supporters

How big of a Ruck are we Talking Ed because i can gaurentee that on a Big you'll just be Pushed forward like a your about to get bum rushed by a dude...

that and Bike's anywhere near to winter are incredibly screwed thank's to other driver's unless your gonna carry an actual Medical Kit which you should do in a Car BTW!

Nah if you want to learn a Martial Art learn a Defensive one Like Tai Gyoku Ryu (Aikido) their are offensive part's to it but most club's in the UK won't teach you any of that until your in a Hakama And it's the same thing the Jap Samurai's did. Speaking from experience and being Trained in all Form's of Aikido i can tell you that Krav Maga is Great but i could still whip your ass even if you had trained in it the same amount of time i spent on Aikido. Reason Aikido Promote's Constant thinking even in the middle of the move and at the last part of it. I can't really comment on Silat although it doe's sound Familiar

• Supporters

I've got a mate who either still does, or did Akido and doesn't the entire thing involve the use of swords? Krav maga seems a bit more applicable to things like, being mugged, or a break in, it can help with dealing with more than one person too and the IDF and numerous other special forces are trained in it, which is just awesome lol.

What about Systema? Has anyone seen that? It looks like bullshit, people just seem to go down from the lightest tap, it looks like voodoo magic or something.

• Supporters

That's Iaido a Small Part of Aikido which you can opt in to or out of once you have a Green Belt.Think on this why doe's Everyone EG Cop's other martial art's the entire Military use and Learn Aikido Basic Move's Because it's the Best it all came from the Samurai. Ed if you did use Krav Maga it's lethal force, Assault/Murder with a Weopen. Admittedly though Aikido is the same but we Teach you to fight with only defensive Move's this would work for you especially if your not a Green Belt and Aikido is tuned for Multiple fighter's aswell. You've seen the Movie's where the Protagonist is just throwing his assailant's at each other and Causing harm that way geuss which Art that is... Give up? Tai Gyoku Ryu!

i can also tell you i was Jumped a Couple month's back by 6 Royal Engineer's all with bigger muscle's all trained to kill i still walked away with nothing other than a Limp from Kicking one of them so hard it created a Hairline Fracture in my ankle! and a Graze on my left Knee from tripping over the Kerb. I won because my training is their Training but i was taught to emphasise on how to defend every Possible attack and from that to constantly be thinking of my next movement.

New years resolution: None really just a few "it would be nice if..."

I got out on my motorbike more, might justify having it sat in the garage all winter

I got a bit fitter/slimmer

I got to do a bit more re-enacting this year, with a trip to one of the 200 aniversaries around this year

I got to take the family somewhere nice and hot this year

Throw the missus a decent birthday party with a super surpise (reaching a milestone this year)

Airsofting wise

I would like to get my 'nam impression together and maybe play slightly more than than this year (stupid rain and shifts)

Not massively lofy goals, but pretty acheivable goals.

Oh. Finish my Black mesa loadout. gonna be expensive on the guns though XD Need a glock, revolver and a spas XD

Archived