Gas or CO2 pistols

cableguy95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

My freind is looking at getting a pistol and wants to know which will be best either the co2 capsuals or regular gas ones.

He has a budget of around £120

Any advice, suggestions on makes/models etc will be much appreciated.

Regards

cableguy

• Supporters

NO YES

Doe's it have to be Metal? TM KWA

Green Gas/Propane? TM KWA

Co2 Palco? KJW

If he Plan's on using a Thunder B I'd advise getting a Co2 And a Metal one at that KJW is a Clone of TM Stuff Just with Metal Kit on it and they have Co2 Mag's Personally I'm Going with a Dan Wesson Revolver though :-D

• Supporters

CO2 pistols are nice, mega kick if you get a blowback one. I've only ever had one that was airsoft legal and the magazines were horrendously unreliable, developed ridiculously terrible leaks all the time and I could never find a way to deal with them.

Green gas is probably a better option, rubbish in cold weather in comparison to CO2 but much easier to sort any leaking issues with the mags and can be made a lot cheaper by buying raw propane instead of green gas. CO2 capsules are pretty expensive in comparison. You're also forced to use a whole cartridge even if you just want to plink a few targets for 5 minutes, so green gas is a bit more versatile in that respect.

There's a lot more choice with green gas pistols as well. In fact the choice is practically limitless. If you want a CO2 pistol though, I'd go with one that comes from the airgun world, converted for airsoft BBs. Like a KWC P226 X5, or a KWC Desert Eagle, something like that. They both seem to be pretty good, not heard anything bad about them.

KJW have a CO2 range as well, I had the MEU and as I said, the mags were dire, so I wouldn't recommend them. KJW green gas mags seem to get a bad rep as well, but the green gas versions of the guns can all take mags made by TM or WE, from what I've heard, so at least there are alternatives. If you want a KJW for CO2 then you're stuck with KJW mags.

Hopefully you can pick what you need to know from all that, let me know if you need anything clarifying. If I don't reply then feel free to PM me, I might forget to check back, I comment on so much stuff I forget where I've been lol.

Well i use a tanfoglio Co2 and gotta say i love it. Its no re chargeable, you use individual capsuels. Its pretty consistent on the fps front. I aint noticed a drop no matter the temp. Its crisp and the blow back has a real kick.

I got mine at patrol base in huddersfield. Check them out on line.

Had mine about 6month now. I paid 136 i think. Worth the extra. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived