what do you ride (motorbike)

adam bussey

• Supporters

depends on what licence he holds, and his age to some degree.

if he has a A2 licence (restricted) he can ride any bike as long as it produces no more then 33horse power.

after having a A2 licence for 2 years you are considered experienced, and it then gets auto up graded to an A1 licence (full power any bike etc)

Ah cheers, I'm a car guy so wouldnt know ;)

I don't really know enough about them to pick styles, I'll just look for something I like the look of.

I've been through all this about 800 times and have yet to realistically consider buying one, or taking my CBT, there's also factoring my mum into it, because she'll probably just shoot me in the head if I buy a motorbike.

But frankly, cars can suck a dick. I'm not paying thousands of pounds for a piece of shit box and then paying double that again, to be allowed to legally drive it. It'd be cheaper to buy one from some shady guy in an alley, drive with no license and no insurance and then just pay the fines if and when I get caught out. It's a bloody con, literally.

i will be selling my 2001 DR125 shortly if your interested for about £1000

• 3 weeks later...

I drive a chinese Honda CM custom clone. :rolleyes:

It's a nice bike - the engine is practically bullet proof.

When I'm 19 this October I want to take my A2 and get my dream bike - a Triumph Bonneville T100. They look sound and ride absolutely badass.

Here's my Hunny for the time being :

IMG_20130408_165027_761.jpg

She's a 2010 - pretty nice ride on her :) £699 brand new, but I got her off my uncle for £300

:wub: thinking about riding makes me want to ride. And when I am, I never want to stop - my wallet says otherwise.... ERRR need to get a job! ^_^

Yam Super Tenere

P7040008-1.jpg

Yes I have ridden it off road, as well as a hire one from Yamaha.

Yes I do take it for long trips when the wife allows lol

Gravel fire roads in wales, traction control set to allow some wheel spin = big grins all round

P9120028.jpg

Naff, if you get the bonnie t100 then get the arrow "performance" exhaust with it. The baffles are very easy to get out, not that I have done that with my Thruxton in any way whatsoever, or that it mentions they are easy to remove in the handbook either. If they do happen to fall out then the bike sounds like a bloody spitfire, it just roars :) I have as much fun pottling around on this at 60mph as I did on my GPZ1100 at speeds a tad higher than that :)

DSCF1509.jpg

Aprilia RSVR 2002

Can't work out how to post pics just yet.

go advanced post and it is at the bottom

• 2 months later...

excited much? lol

it was my first time out on that bike and first time riding something bigger than a 125

• Supporters

Aprilia RSVR 2002

Can't work out how to post pics just yet.

unfortunately mike has sold his bike ..... a moment of silence from bikers please :(

now get that hel brake line kit fitted to my bike ... old chap ;):lol:

• Supporters

I used to have a Limited Edition GSXR750H just like this one: 87gsxr750-1100-JP-AUS-side-shot-300w.jpg

only less new and shiny. Loved it. Crashed into a pedestrian (not my fault - small girl ran out in front of me) and that kind of put me off. Plus I have no garage where I live now so I had to sell it. Gutted, still miss riding now.

Guest PT247

Can't post pics at the mo coz on works puter and it won't let me access my photobucket.

Current bikes:

2013 Kawasaki ZX636R ABS

2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

1981 Yamaha XS400 converted to street/flat tracker

1990 (iirc) Yamaha RXS100 hevily modified and tuned with ported YZ head/barrel, RD350 custom exhaust, RD125 carb/conrod.

Am gonna be selling the Kawasaki soon as just not riding it enough to having it sit around, fantastic bike tho and is the best sportsbike I have ever owned.

Selling the XS400 too as again it just doesn't get used enough.

The Guzzi (Lord Vader) is a keeper, such a fun bike to ride. Took it round Europe; France/Switzerland/Italy/Spain in May, awesome trip.

The RXS is a silly little toy, myself and a bunch of mates came up with a "race" series called The 125hundreds, which is on facebook. £500 budget, 125cc max and must be fully road legal with MoT and tax all within budget. We have gone green laning, taken part in Motogymkhana and runs to the BSB on them. We really want to find a locked field we can get permission to use to run a few more events including night enduro and offroad motogymkhana, but the main event we want to try is called Shot-Glass Speedway; drink a shot, out lap, fast lap, in lap, drink a shot and repeat until only one bike/rider is still going round! :D

I'll post some pics and vids up if folk are interested? :-)

Previous bikes I've owned:

Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S (lovely to look at and bonkers engine but god awful to actually ride)
Husqvarna SM510R supermoto (bloody amazing bike, a true allmost allrounder with compromises: could green lane it one day, road ride the next and do a trackday the next without any changes except to tyre pressures.... touring was harder as it only had a 8l tank and a brick for a seat but didn't stop me I just strapped a 5l jerry can to the back!) :D
KTM200 EXC (best bike I have ever owned, was robbed from me with just 10hrs on the engine. So much fun off road)
KTM250F EXC (didn't get on with it)
KTM 300 EXC 2 stroke converted to supermoto (silly silly silly) :D
KTM SM640 supermoto (heavy and slow)
Suzuki GSXR 750 (lovely bike but the 636 is far better)
Triumph 1050 Speedtriple (was the best road bike I've ridden)
Honda CBR 600
Ducati 750 Monster

Honda VFR400 NC24

Kawasaki KMX200

Yamaha RD125LC

Kawasaki AR125

Honda CB100N

Honda MT5

poss had a few others too. Been riding since I was 16, am 38 now.

Guest PT247

XS400

c22f6855.jpg

RXS100

841071_10151247087596820_1762580597_o_zpsd01863b3.jpg

V7

20130415_132951_zps593bf140.jpg

ZX636R

601411_10151531081643933_1914463690_n_zps16eb41f2.jpg

Streetfighter

1d5a2892.jpg

Husky

6ed7e973.jpg

KTM200

d101d37e.jpg

KTM30

cf2cf52c.jpg

GSXR

DSC00469.jpg

Speedtriple

3mslil.jpg

These are a few vids of some of the stuff we have gotten up to on the 125hundreds, we also want to try motorbike airsoft jousting once we can work out a [comparitively safe way to do it:

Motogymkhana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5_jx-w30I

Did You Spill My Pint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-Vmr_OAGo

Green Laning

This was me on my Husky going round Brands Hatch Indy circuit, keeping up with 1000cc sportsbikes on a bike with half the cc! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNYGoT8YSSg

and the last trackday I did which was on the 636 at Brands Hatch GP circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8JsivbUBXs

I've seen rubber spears and halberds used for larping. Think they should be a laugh for jousting.

Guest PT247

wanted to do it with guns... think it would be more fun to both have a pistol with one in the chamber than hit each other with sticks head on at speed! ;-) (used to do LARPing so know about the various things they have)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the new can looks loads better than the standard one mate :-)

Am cutting down my fleet of bikes, Sold the XS400 a couple of weeks back, the 636 will be up for sale soon once I have given it a valet.

Have booked a test ride on the new KTM 390 Duke for tomoz, looking forward to seeing how it rides, would make an ace Motogymkhana bike hopefully! :-)

2013-KTM-390-Duke-01.jpg

Was looking at the new Moto Guzzi colour schemes while at work last night, the silver version of my V7 looks awesome:

2013-Moto-Guzzi-V7-Special-Silver-Black-

just last week I went to cornwall on my DR from peterborough 350 miles there and the same back with no problems apart from dropping it in milton keynes and the speedo doing a windmill impression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEB6JqHcMf4