Semi-beginner needs help!

xiJamesss
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I started airsoft about half a year ago and was sniping, went to 2 airsoft games (a cqb and a woodland) (cqb using a double eagle ak74u that i got ages ago) anyway i am getting into skirmish again but want a cqb gun (nothing to do with the g36 range because i dont like tthem for some reason :L) but yeh any ideas will help. Budget is about 200, cant go higher :/

Hi mate, from personal experience I can reccommend the G&G CM16 Raider-L version.

I got the gun, a battery and smart charger for just shy of £170.

The gun is great for beginners, as is most of the G&G range and I think you'll find it shooting very well straight out of the box; accuracy is good, as is range and mine shoots a very consistent 328.

However, if you're planning on changing up the front end, I'd go for the CM16 carbine (I kind of wish I did as this is exactly what I wanted to do) because due to the lack of delta ring on the raider, and the "free floating barrel system" which is what zeroone told me mean that it would be very hard to do so. Also, the crane stock can be very fiddly with regards to inserting the battery,

All the best with finding a gun and good luck skirmishing, feel free to pm me if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help :)

Regards,

Teddy

Cheers for your help! Not getting the raider because im for a gun to order in hopefully the next few days but it is out of stock :( but looking along the g&g line found a mp5 that i like the look of, any thoughts on this? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268&products_id=6981 sounds out of order because i feel like im not using your help :L so sorry about that but i need a gun to my full liking :L and mp5/mp5k meets that 100% :L cheers, James

What i really want is this:http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_399&products_id=2017 but want it cheaper because dont wanna get that close to budget :L any help in finding it cheaper would be much appriciated? :)

Not to worry mate, I'd rather you bought a gun you like than take my advice and not like a gun! Generally most if not all G&G starter guns are good for the price, I've not had any experience myself with that specific mp5 but a guy at my site has one and loves it. I dont know what hes done to it if anything , but after being shot with it I can tell you its very accurate and powerful, for an mp5 I expected the range to fall short but its on par with my m4.

Can't say I've seen it anywhere else any cheaper but I'll keep an eye out for ya :)

Oh can i not tick a box for two tone hibernator?

Don't know to be honest! I usually go to their shop to buy stuff and I have UKARA so I never ask about 2-tone! Drop them a line and ask if they'll spray it, I couldn't see an MP5k in the 2-tone section!

Just had a quick look on their website for you mate and as I suspected they wont two tone RIFS as it says in their FAQ's

"Q. Can you "2 tone" / paint this bb gun / Airsoft gun for me ?

A. Sorry but our Airsoft bb guns are made this way at the factory, we can not and do not paint any bb gun due to health and safety reasons."

• Supporters

Play one more game and you'll be able to qualify for a site membership (3 games in not less than 2 months is the standard), surely you can hire for one game to make sure you get a nice black gun instead of some hideous bright green monstrosity?

• Supporters

Well, there has to be a voice of dissension and i'm often it.

Have a look at this and before you think "no way", consider...

ICS make bomb proof internals, powered by "the almost godlike Turbo3000 motor"*, wrapped in excellent externals. OK so it's a hair over your budget, but you'll be able to pick up used metal mags for it very cheaply. I've got one which I bought 2nd hand. It's had a hard life but it still shoots just fine. A mate did me the favour of swapping the hideous flash hider for the open AKM type for free, so that's something that you'll want to consider (because they screw onto the front sight/gas tube assembly, not the usual 14mm external barrel thread).

My only issue with it is that it doesn't break down easily at all. I wanted to put a hotter spring in mine because I usually skirmish at a woodland site, but it fires consistently at around 320fps (and bear in mind that this is after at least 2 years use) so it is fine for CQB.

Nice to carry something other than the standard western arms, i think.

*Airsoft-Ed

Archived