Customs clearance times at New Year.

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with airsoft goods (specifically RIF) clearing customs at New Years.

I've got a pretty LCT G-04 currently tracking as "awaiting customs clearance" and I just wanted to know how long I should expect them to take about either releasing it without charges or getting a letter out to me so I can pay whatever tax/duty they want on it (it arrived into customs on the 30th and is travelling via Parcel Force 24).

Cheers guys,

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...

That's optimistic! I have a parcel transiting through customs too and when I checked the tracking info there was a generic message saying they've had an unusually high number of parcels come through and they are working to clear the backlog in date arrived order.

Keep checking on the tracking website for parcel force and as soon as it says "held at delivery depot awaiting payment of charges" or similar then go and pick it up and pay when you're there. The letter will probably come the day AFTER you've done that. That's my experience over the last few years anyway. :)

Archived