magazines what your preference

marcus giddings
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

PMAG's and EMAG's all the way. I've totally stopped using hi caps now. No snobbery involved before anyone jumps on me! lol I prefer it that's all. :)

I certainly doesn't make me a better player but it does make me a lot more selective about when I shoot.

I know someone who uses about 10 high caps and thats just because he just stands up and shoots in the general direction of the enemy.. His kill ot BB fired ration must be terrible! I find Mids tend to prevent the spray and pray style of play

I know someone who uses about 10 high caps and thats just because he just stands up and shoots in the general direction of the enemy.. His kill ot BB fired ration must be terrible! I find Mids tend to prevent the spray and pray style of play

Got a mate like that as well. His favourite quote is "I paid for the bbs to be used today so I'm going to fire them all!"

I'm a midcap guy myself and currently trying to persuade a couple of the other guys in the team to do the same. 3/5 of us so far.

Guest WhiteDeath

Ah, another one of those players who go by the logic of: ''Stuff's coming out of me barrel,I must be hitting something!''

I used Midcaps when I had my AK.

Do 30 round vsr 10 mags count as low caps?since there are 55 round mags,but they're sh*t.

• Supporters

Fook me apparently my trigger finger is wound too tight....

In woodland i only go through 1 G&P 120Rnd Midcap with the average game lasting 30 Min's - 90 Min's

CQB 1 & a Half = 170 with the average game lasting 30 - 60 Min's

although all of that is averaging it out a sh*t ton!

i've found that it's more effective to put 3BB's at them and that is good enough suppression leave the automatic suppresion to the LMG guy's!

• Supporters

For me Midcap's 99% of the time with me having 5 G36 Pmags i hardly ever get thru 3 mags there has only ever once been a need for me to put the high cap i have

placed in a utility pouch and i was on my own holding a flag and i was sh*tting myself as i held off for 10 minutes to win the game :D

• Supporters

I use 3 x MAG 190 round M4 midcaps,, and 1 emergency high cap as backup, but I tend to stuff that one as full as I can get it so it doesn't rattle. If I could get my hands on a few more MAG 190's and some easier to use pouches I'd be exclusive to them. I have found I've become much more selective about when I shoot and therefore use less and make them count more. Plus the highcaps tend to mis feed. I've toyed with the idea of counting shots and figuring out when to reload and I'd love to come up with a way to stop dry firing but with 190 rounds that's not easy. Maybe some kind of signal from the mag or something with 5 rounds left to go perhaps.

• Supporters
1 emergency high cap as backup, but I tend to stuff that one as full as I can get it so it doesn't rattle.
Yeah, I do that; fill it, wind it, then fill the last little space right up.
I've toyed with the idea of counting shots and figuring out when to reload and I'd love to come up with a way to stop dry firing but with 190 rounds that's not easy.
Agreed. I could keep my head around 30 shots, but trying to keep track of short vs long bursts & single shots even up to 50 is too much for me. I think I could have done it when I was younger, but with my pain meds on board too, these days I've got fcuking no chance! Dry firing seems easy enough to notice but, in the heat of the moment, I sometimes don't immediately.
Maybe some kind of signal from the mag or something with 5 rounds left to go perhaps.

that's what Tracer's are generally used for if not playing at night ~_-

That's a damn good idea. I'm not paying for tracer BB's for daytime use though (I don't have an illuminating mag or faux suppressor yet either, so I don't have them lurking), but a few different colour BB's loaded into midcaps first is a plan I'm going with next skirmish.

• Supporters

There is no way I'm putting a tracer silencer unit onto my L85, or switching to 130 round G&P tracer mags. Esp as they are twice the price of MAG 190's anyway. I just need to get better at recognising the dry fire sound my gun makes. Would be nice to have some kind of clue like a vibrate, low tone alarm, or maybe a small lamp or something. That is a good thing for highcaps, when they unwind you know its mag change time.

• Supporters

That's a damn good idea. I'm not paying for tracer BB's for daytime use though (I don't have an illuminating mag or faux suppressor yet either, so I don't have them lurking), but a few different colour BB's loaded into midcaps first is a plan I'm going with next skirmish.

I might have to have a go with that as well. Nice idea! wonder if I'd notice the difference.

• Supporters

I might have to have a go with that as well. Nice idea! wonder if I'd notice the difference.

I'll bet you would! I can tell the difference in colour between ice white Blaster BB's in flight (they're titanium dioxide white) and the BB King's that I usually use, which are merely ordinary white. I'm planning on using some emerald green 0.16g ones that i have lurking in my cupboard though.

• Supporters

Can you really be arsed to fill a speedloader twice per magazine, just to put a different colour in first?

I don't see how it'd really help, if you can't tell when you're dry firing by the noise (which you'd only need to do if you can't see your BBs) then how is changing the colour going to help?

To be honest I dont really need to count my ammo usage even with midcaps. I've gotten so accustomed to my rate of fire that I always manage to get a 3-5 round burst off. I prefer firing in bursts. More effective than single shot and not as inefficient as full auto for 10 seconds :P

That being said I always know when I'm dry firing as I dont get the pneumatic blowback, so the distinct lack of moving metal sound I get instantly tells me. If I'm in a pinch and I HAVE to shoot somebody then I can just let the AEG hang and whip out the 1911. Job done :)

I have a question. If normal AEGs have high caps of between 200-400 or more rounds.... What is an LMG box mag called? An ultra-cap? I bet you could put £30 worth of BBs in there and still not fill em!

• Supporters

Can you really be arsed to fill a speedloader twice per magazine, just to put a different colour in first?

I've got 2 speedloaders.
I don't see how it'd really help, if you can't tell when you're dry firing by the noise (which you'd only need to do if you can't see your BBs) then how is changing the colour going to help?

I'll see the change of colour in the BB's I'm firing (and notice that they fly differently since the ones I'm planning to try out 1st are 0.16g) before I run out and dry fire, so as soon as I see a green BB shoot I'll know it's time to change mag. There have been plenty of times when I've not been sure in the heat of the moment, especially since I've been using midcaps, and, depending on the background, I don't see every shot, but i think that if the 1st 10 BB's i load are bright green 0.16's, i will notice at least one.

If it doesn't work, I'll report back. Actually I may as well just describe what happens when I try this in action.

With my MAG midcaps I tend to find that they start to misfire occasionally when its gets down to the last 3-5 and so when that happens, even though i can see bbs in the mag I know its time to change.

• Supporters

Sounds like the springs are starting to wear out Nick, can happy through general use if you fill them to capacity, leave them loaded, or just use them for years after years.

Take the springs out and give them a stretch, ought to sort it out for you.

• Supporters

Actually that's a good point Nick. Mine do that too, but erratically. I should get a bunch of new mags because the midcaps i've got are old and unreliable. When some of them misfeed a good clunk gets them going again. They all hold different numbers of BB's too lol!

Sounds like the springs are starting to wear out Nick, can happy through general use if you fill them to capacity, leave them loaded, or just use them for years after years.

Take the springs out and give them a stretch, ought to sort it out for you.

They're basically new... but i could imagine the springs need a stretch being new

I dont really agree with the "I have hicaps because I dont want to reload in the middle of combat" argument. For me it's the opposite, it bugs me that someone can hold up a spot with 600 rounds without reloading. I would rarely use up a midcap during a game, even less so during a life, hence I feel I can justify using a hicap to save weight/size. The hicap usually last me whole day.

Archived